1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] What are you playing? (Omikron Edition)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Jan 18, 2022.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Fallout nostalgia, complete with rag-doll buggyness

DonnyMost, ryan_98, Uprising and 4 others like this.
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Finally quit a few weeks back, after having assembled a pretty great stack of Raiden, Yae, Ayato, Ayaka etc

They seemingly just have no motivation to improve the bad artifact rng and it makes it such a bad grind every time you get a new character, sometimes I'd run a dungeon one week straight and not have a single good artifact.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'm still playing daily, but certainly running out of motivation. I stopped doing daily artifact runs and daily world events. Still haven't cleared the Chasm. The artifact grind and exploration is giving no sense of progression or improvement to my account.

I have 3 separate top-tier(C6 melt Ganyu, C3 Raiden hyper carry, and C1 Hu Tao vape) meta teams that can complete Abyss without much effort, and the game has made it easier, too. I'm hitting AR60 today.

Sumeru may spark interest again, but I doubt it unless the core gameplay and rewards change. I still pay for monthly Welkins and every patch's BP, but haven't spent any crystal top-ups since 1.3. 2.0's bonus refresh is tempting me, but I'll probably let it expire since my interest is dying. :\

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm playing Elden Ring and also Mass Effect Legendary edition. I'm in ME2 at the moment

5. MystikArkitect

Just got PS5 and debating between Ghosts of Tsushima/Rift Apart/FF7 Remake. Finished Elden Ring a month ago and it probably ruined me for games.

Invisible Fan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I regressed back to Heroes of Might and Magic 3 using an HD patch to make the resolution smaller the excellent fan-made Horn of the Abyss expansion. It's like crack.

Edit: Just read that HOMM3 is the all-time best seller on GOG. Totally worth $10 if you like 4x, strategy or tactical games.

#166 Xerobull, Jun 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'm a sucker for cinematic horror games, so I've been thoroughly binge watching playthroughs of The Quarry recently and loving every minute of it.

It's awesome to see how the genre has evolved from the typical diamond choice pattern (where the consequences are mostly minor and the main plot ends the same every time) to something so open ended with multiple ways for everything to play out and end with differing conclusions for all characters.

Extremely well-acted and well written. There's a few spots where there's some continuity lapses and suspension of disbelief is needed (mostly trivial in nature though) but consider how absolutely massive the story's branching matrix is, to have written a compelling, cohesive story is a remarkable accomplishment.

Beezy, RC Cola and cwebbster like this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Its pretty good so far, nice change of pace.

RC Cola likes this.
  10. Beezy

Beezy Member

Until Dawn (previous game from same developer) was great. Lots of funny playthroughs for it too.

I've only played the first part of their ongoing horror anthology series (The Dark Pictures). It wasn't as good as Until Dawn but still pretty good.

I'll get The Quarry when it's on deep discount. Avoiding spoilers until then.

As you noted, it's impressive how their games can play out very differently based on your actions. Most games of this type have superficial choices or choices where the branches quickly converge back to the same spot.

RC Cola likes this.
  11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I bought Squad for PC after building a new gaming computer last month. I have only played a few times though, it’s pretty complicated. Anyone played this?

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yep, it's a blast when you have a competent SL.

13. Aware

Aware Member

impulse bought a few ps3 games because i'm dumb
    got lollipop chainsaw, shadow of the damned and both way of the samurai games on ps3

i guess i'l revisit lollipop chainsaw first

14. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I bought Stranded Deep out of boredom a couple of months ago. Other than getting to my island and being killed by some of the most vicious crabs around, I haven't played it very much.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Anyone play STRAY yet?

16. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I'm still playing some No Man's Sky. They released yet another update recently, and I'm still not fully caught up with their other content.

Also jumped back into Starsector:

I think I've mentioned it before, many years ago. Fantastic game, especially with the updates and mods.

As for crappy gacha games, I spent a few minutes with the Octopath Traveler game that was just released. Seems a lot like Another Eden, which is a good thing IMO (obviously :)). Also playing more Another Eden again, as I took a break while they added more content.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My board game group all started playing Diablo Immortal. I gave it a try but it didn’t hook me in yet. Feels sort of like a console game now.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'll avoid that like the plague as getting hooked means you'll have to fight the urge to buy crap that people once took months to farm.

The Devil is real.

Xerobull likes this.
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Seemed like a good thread for this :

MexAmercnMoose and RC Cola like this.