1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] What are you playing? (Omikron Edition)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Jan 18, 2022.

1. conquistador#11

Which Assassin's creed is worth playing? It's on sale for like pennies. Never played the series.
    Also, to the Men who are 40, how many hours do you game for? I'm trying to see something.
    Finally bought 2 sports games for the pc and realized I spent 3 hours on Fifa Sunday afternoon and 2 1/2 last night on Madden. loved FiFa.
    The complaints with Madden pc is no next gen features. Had not played in over a decade so I don't even know what that is. But I was doing my thing as Hannah Mcnair, the owner.

2. Beezy

Beezy Member

For the Assassin’s Creed games, Black Flag, Origins, and Odyssey are all good. The newer games are open world RPGs (exploring historical Egypt and Greece is neat). AC2 is probably the most popular of the older AC games.

I started playing Wo Long through Game Pass. Very fun so far.

conquistador#11 and Uprising like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just got about 70% of my game collection in Price charting and am already over 17k in Digital media for games.

:)

DD

Yung-T likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Is that game on Steam or Epic or...?

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

To answer your question I game on my PC a lot less and more on mobile due to convenience. Hard to sit in front of the computer without being disturbed plus I now dedicate more of my time to other activities besides gaming. I also find myself not enjoying some of the new genres that are popular, still prefer older style games rather than all this open world exploration.

daywalker02 and conquistador#11 like this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've seen this game for years and never wanted to buy it because the graphics looked too stupid. Of course, I'm always the guy that says he "would rather have gameplay vs. graphics" because too many graphically great games end up being boring, full of bugs, or have no replayability. So I saw Rimworld on sale a couple of months ago and finally gave it a shot and started playing it. Man, this thing is addictive... and I haven't even tried any mods yet - just the base game.

RC Cola likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is a place to chart your video game collection - physical media - box, packaging, manual and disk are all going out of style with digital downloads.

That means your old console games are rising in price particularly the gamecube whose games are worth more than they sold for originally.

Collectors will want to be able to play old games and the only way to do that is physical media - so been collecting it....most games are like $5-$10 but some are hundreds of dollars....each...and all Gamecube stuff is hot.

DD

Xerobull likes this.
  8. Xerobull

Utterly addictive. You should take a look at QOL mods at the very least.

Expansions are really worth the money too.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Rimworld or The forest?

10. Xerobull

Different genres. Colony Sim (with great combat) vs Survival Horror.

Good reviews for both, but one thing jumps out at you: Rimworld has reviews with thousands of hours played, The Forest generally has less than a hundred hours. That speaks to the value of the game.

PhiSlammaJamma likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Right now I'm just going to play modless and suffer before seeing what's out there. In my first game, unfortunately, a "bug" caused my entire little group of 5 or 6 people to collapse. I think I may just start over with a new colony instead of loading from a previous save. Especially since my "farm" was basically a pen with 500 animals running around and dying. "You mean I have to feed them? Crap."

I'll definitely consider the expansions, but didn't want to spend money on them if I didn't like the game, but it's looking like I'm going to like the game, so we'll see.

Xerobull likes this.
  13. Xerobull

I had similar experiences (had to just butcher everything) and said the same thing about mods. Then I saw some of the QOL mods and was like, wtf did I wait for?

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Lol. I had a giant pen with chickens, ibex, muffalo, turkeys, etc. all running around. I almost put a rhino in there, too. LOL. Then sub-zero temps hit along with solar flares, a roof collapse, and then the bug, etc. There's still aspects of the game I just don't understand yet (like traveling, caravans, etc), so I'm sure the next game may end in failure, but I'll keep learning. At least it's not boring. :D

15. Xerobull

Chickens and other birds are the devil. Reproduce like crazy and slow the game down significantly. Dromedaries are the way to go, they have wool, milk, meat, you can ride them and they make good pack animals for trading.

Caravans in Rimworld are a little broken. Keep your caravans small with minimal goods (make sure your caravan people can defend themselves). Wait for traders to visit you to unload all of the nickel and dime ****. Same goes for raids, just bring the essentials. I also bring extra pack animals so I can loot the raid location after and carry off anything valuable including fruit and medicine plants.

One mod I love gets rid of the ‘tainted’ marker on clothes. I think that was a game balance thing but it makes no logical sense to me to have it.

Dr of Dunk likes this.
  16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Played the Diablo 4 closed beta this weekend, absolute masterpiece.

daywalker02 and Xerobull like this.
  17. Xerobull

Since it’s Blizzard I have one question: did the IV line for the slow but steady drip of money back into the machine hurt?

I didn’t feel a thing when HearthStone got its talons into me.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I spent a lot of time playing the forest over the years. I was a fun sandbox survival game. I honestly never finished the acutal story though. When I have the time/energy I've been playing the Sequal to the Forest called "Sons of the forest"

I've also been playing a bunch of MS Flight simulator, I've gotten back into it with 3rd party mods/liveries to bring the realism up.

PhiSlammaJamma likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

20. CXbby

CXbby Member

So after blizzard got into a shtstorm(no pun intended) with Diablo Immortal's monetization, I think they are trying to be very careful with D4 to make sure nothing is pay to win, pay for power. There will be a $10 battle pass but for purely cosmetic items. Besides that the game is $70 which is $10 more than most games, but no other big issues. I did fall for the $100 ultimate edition which doesn't give you anything extra besides an emote and 4 day early access, so yes the talons are in.

conquistador#11 and Xerobull like this.