1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game News] Fallout 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jun 2, 2015.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This game has zero replay value. :(

Tried making an evil playthrough but not much changes other than youre just a b****y hero instead of a goody two shoes hero.

Cant be a villain.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ I've put in a ton of hours into FO3 because of the mods. Give this game some time to mature. Also, don't forget the dlc's

3. RedRedemption

I know, its just I'm so disappointed the core game as it is has been heavily neutered because of the decision for a voiced PC.

You can't branch as much as you were able to in New Vegas; although I get it, different developer.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

I made it to the airport with the Brotherhood, but I wasn't able to build a radio tower or food. Not even an option. Hope people will come...Considering building a food shop to resolve one issue.

I saw the cat in the Flying machine. Now I want to kill it to see what happens.

There's a good 10mm that kills mutants. I used that quite a bit. I hate that crank gun. I don't get it. But mostly using the two shot hardened combat rifle right now. I haven't modded much due to lack of opportunity, but slowly getting there.

I'm not really sure why the power armor is in the game. First you have to stumble into it to find it, then they limit your use of it with those fusion thingys, and then you have to get out of it or drop it off somewhere. I haven't really needed it so I just leave it alone for now.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It won't be good.

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kremvh's tooth for melee
    Mighty advanced combat shotgun for up close & personal
    Night-Vision Shielded Gauss Rifle for sniping
    Quad barrel targeting missile launcher to shoot and run away (locks on and you don't need to really aim)
    Broadsider just for fun

#286 Ottomaton, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  7. joesr

joesr Member

I use vats for two things. Continously checking my surroundings and when fast (and small) enemies get too close.

8. marky :)

marky :) Member

When I roam around I've developed the habit of constantly spamming VATS every few second to see if there's anything around I can shoot.

9. smr6

smr6 Member

Overseer's Guardian
    Righteous Authority
    Furious Power Fist

10. RedRedemption

The Last Minute.

The Silver Submachine Gun. ;)

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Advice needed...

Ive never played a Fallout game before. Reading this thread makes my head hurt because the game seems complicated from an outsiders perspective.

How is the learning curve? Is this a game that you would recommend (Xbox One)?

12. marky :)

I've never played Fallout before this one either but I did play Skyrim. The game is easy to pick up and follow along. One thing that's always helpful is you can change the difficulty whenever you want.

It's overwhelming at first since there are so many things in the game. Once you start playing you'll start to pick up plenty of side quests and you'll start having in-game goals for yourself. Once you start doing that the game becomes more fun. For a while all I did was build up my settlements and now I'm doing more exploring in the city.

One thing I highly recommend though is to read up on the skill/perk system.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm with you, man. I see videos about a guy that kills everything in 1 punch, another video about a guy who built some nice house, I hear that half the people cant complete missions because they get distracted. It all sounds completely overwhelming and a bit outlandish.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Totally agree with marky; there is no need to be a "completionist" when it comes to fallout. Pick what seems fun to you and stick to it.

For example, I rarely stray from a couple of trusty weapons whereas my brother goes out of his way to use as many weapons as possible.

15. rezdawg

This actually brings up one of the questions I had...what's the purpose of building and protecting a home/fort/compound?

There just seems to be so much going on that I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the purpose of everything. I usually play sports games, FPS like COD, and some open world games like GTA (but you still have some structure there). Therefore, this is just a whole new world.

16. marky :)

I built the settlements up just so I could store all my junk/weapons/gear and keep the power armors I find. You can just keep the settlements at a bare minimum if you like or build them up to something crazy. I also use it to farm produce that I just sell to whatever vendors to get caps(money). Also use it to generate purified water that you can use to heal yourself. Ever since I've done that, I don't think I've spent money on other curing methods.

There's structure and no structure to the game. The no structure part comes in that you can do whatever you want to. The structured part comes when you pick up quests and start following those around.

17. rezdawg

See, this all sounds really fun to me...but I feel like I wouldnt have even known its possible to generate purified water (or the thousands of other things that are possible) without you telling me. I need to study this stuff before I play. :grin:

18. marky :)

The game helps you out with stuff like that. Without trying to spoil things for you but there's a mini side quest that explains stuff like that to you before you actually can build anything.

19. rezdawg

Ok, you sold me. :grin:

20. marky :)

Welcome to Crackout 4. :p

As someone who's gaming library for consoles has been 90% racing/sports games throughout their life, Fallout 4 is game I enjoy a ton.