1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game News] Fallout 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I was in beatnown brewery and they wont die

2. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Anyone found the railroad gun. Thing is a beast and makes a cool reloading sound

3. marky :)

marky :) Member

I feel like I'm dying way too often and I'm always out of ammo.

I currently just use a modified 10mm and modified double barrel. Haven't come across any cool armor pieces/clothing or guns.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I can't speak for anybody else, but this game feels noticeably harder than 3 and NV at the beginning. Plus ammo for everything except the weak .38 was hard to come by.

After a while it starts to ease up quite a bit, but I had to play a good 15 hours or so before I had amassed a decent stock of Stimpaks. Now I'm using a modified Combat Rifle and I'm pretty much mowing everybody down terminator style. At a certain point the dam seems to break on the ammo and you're swimming in it.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I made one of those in the other Fallout game, I think it was 3. I loved it. That became my main weapon. The slow motion critical hits were awesome with that thing.

6. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

30fps is a major buzzkill and I don't even do PC gaming. I guess my WiiU and The Last of Us Remastered have spoiled me. Fallout 4 on PS4 simply runs like crap. Dogmeats' movements looks so awkward. Like its missing a frame or two. Matter of fact, everything looks like it's skipping a frame. It actually makes my eyes hurt. Not kidding.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

I die a lot. But it has been fun. I think they have a variety of monsters and stories which keeps it different and addicting. Run out of ammo enough to be forced into using various weapons and forced to collect resources... forcing me to make decisions on weapons. It's a nice balance. I'd say its the same game, but much enhanced. Everything feels organic and fast. Nothing really feels like a chore and I am well into the game.

The items I would pass over in Fallout 3 I now collect as they are needed, even cement, which makes me think they had this vision for their game all along, but could not pull it off for 3. And now had the time to invest in it.

I like the fact that you play hard through a building only to get a comic book and a story at the end, which at first is like I did all that for nothing, but then you think about it being a wasteland, and you feel happy you found what you found. There a sense of real to it. And I really like how the items in the buildings reflect the story you are involved in at that moment.

For a game that has not at its essence changed much, there is a lot of fun here, and the developers put a lot of effort in.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I've been advancing in the man quest very slowly, like most people I would imagine. Just got to Goodneighbor, now I wish I would have gotten there sooner.

9. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I haven't had any issues yet. There was one point where the game ran a bit rough, but I'd been playing for like six hours at that point, so I figured it was time for a break. I'm playing on very hard, and I haven't had any issues with ammo, or resources. I haven't died frequently, either. I tend to sneak into situations and make the first strike with either a sniper or non-auto pistol for crits. I'm setup to do a ton of critical damage, and have modded my weapons accordingly. My weapons are all heavily modded. I primarily use a modded 10 mm pistol, but also keep a hunting rifle modded to be a sniper, a laser rifle, a backup .38 pistol (in case I run low on 10 mm), and a combat shotgun at the ready. I have Dogmeat carry the .38, and the combat shotgun. I'm level ten at the moment. I just got to Diamond City. Won't add in any other specifics for the sake of spoilerage.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Okay...so...this or SW BattleFront?

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Two very different games my friend. Depends if you want the single player experience or multiplayer experience.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I can't speak for everybody's taste...But you'll get much more out of Fallout. I found Battlefront to get very old very fast with the gameplay. There's infinitely more to do in Fallout.

Very different games, though.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Battlefront is the meh.

You will get your money's worth in Fallout 4.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Can I join both Brotherhood and Minutemen?

Do quests for both?

Or will be be dropped out of Minutemen as soon as I join Brotherhood?

Do not want to lose the Minutemen status.

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

You can do both quests. Just be careful what companion you have with you doing the quests if you have opposite factions doing quests for each other you can piss your companion off.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Ok cool.

I go solo anyways.

Dont like the idiot companions getting in the way.

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

The dog isn't bad, but yes the companions can go full r****d sometimes

18. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

That Danse & MacCready perk though

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What are their perks?

Since I go solo, I can take the dog, and still get the lone wanderer perk which adds to my damage reduction, adds to my carry weight, keeps the r****d companions out of my way, while the dog supports just enough cover for me to set up and get good hits from the corners.

The lone wanderer works with the dog. I dont know if this is meant to be or a bug that will get patched up.

#239 Zboy, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  20. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Know Your Enemy perk, allows you to deal 20 percent more damage against ghouls, super mutants, and synths.
    Killshot perk, which gives headshot accuracy in V.A.T.S. increased by 20%.