1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingLeoric, Aug 23, 2015.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I want to say maybe 40-60 hours, depending on your skill and how much side stuff you do.

Minor spoilers about how many missions are needed to complete the story:
    I believe the first 31 story missions makeup the 1st chapter of the game. The 2nd chapter has maybe ~6 story-related missions, along with harder versions of some missions from chapter 1. The latter missions are not required to finish the game (they're just there for gameplay purposes), but the game does expect you to finish a few missions/side-ops in Chapter 2 before giving you the next required story mission. Didn't really like that mechanic since it can often appear as though you're "stuck" with nothing new to do.

2. Poloshirtbandit

Thanks, guess ill just play it out. Funny story I cut the game back on after about an hour and wandered around looking for plants. Ended up running right into the hostage and got my first S ranked mission.

3. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Like a boss.

4. Poloshirtbandit

Metal gear online was released yesterday. I played a few rounds, its pretty fun.

5. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

So apparently I beat this game last night (Mission 31) and didn't even realize it. The game play in this game is so freaking awesome, but the episodic crap got on my nerves.

Did anyone else find it weird that young Psycho Mantis just jumps on the helicopter after you beat the big Metal Gear and everyone was cool with it?

6. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

They released a patch recently that allows you to get quiet back. I think it was something about replaying mission 11 7 times.

7. faraza84

faraza84 Member

It was a tad underwhelming as far as story goes. Def feel like it was unfinished. Biggest flaw is when kaz tells snake in ground zeroes that the rain reminds him of the night they met paz when she needed help and then in peace walker kaz tells snake he knew Paz was a triple agent and he brought her in to get close to zero. Either way I felt there was too much missing and I thought this metal gear looked way more advanced than metal gear Rex.

8. Poloshirtbandit

Has anyone beat mission 45 :confused:
    A Quiet Exit

I've never raged so hard at a video game in my life. I've spent the past 3 days trying to beat this mission and as soon as I think I'm doing good I end up dying on some cheap one hit kill. It doesn't help that supply drops go in the worst possible places.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Never played a MGS game before, but I received a free copy of this with a GPU......completely forgot about it till this bump.

I'll give it a run tonight.

10. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Ok, this game was pretty good although slow moving story up until now. Now i'm at mission 40-44 and can't progress until I finish some repeat missions on a harder setting. That is friggin stupid, I'm sorry but WTH kojima. Make them optional, why the heck are we replaying missions and seeing cut scenes we saw 30 game play hours ago just to open new missions. At this point, even the most amazing ending to the game can't save it, I'm going to go on to say this is the most frustrating and worse story of all of them. Game play is fun but not when your doing the same damn thing over and over again.

11. Poloshirtbandit

If you're at where I think you are, just play through all the cassette tapes. You dont need to do the extreme difficulty missions to advance the story.

12. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Thanks, I did a google and found out. Ugh, what an ending though.