1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game] Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Oct 25, 2011.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ValqBCvtQUM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I was already buying this, but I'm even more excited now. Dat in-cockpit view tho.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I've never played it on ps3 and I had the game. Might cop this but need to get the new cod.

4. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

That looks freaking awesome. I still don't know if I want to get a PS4 or just wait until late January and get it for PC. Either way, I will be getting the next gen GTA5.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm fighting over whether I want it for PS4 or Xbox. I have a PC more than capable of running it, but GTA is a console game to me.

The one thing you have to consider is they're still modding GTA4 to this day, GTA5 will likely get a looooot of run.

6. Baba Booey

It's the mods that have me probably waiting for it on PC.

I also have an Xbox controller for windows, so my PC is essentially a console.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Get it on PC. I would but I don't have a machine capable of running it well. May get it on PS4.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'd wait if I were you then. If you can handle it that is.

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

they better have online heist

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I have yet to hear them mention anything about heists at all. My best guess is that's a no.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

whats messed up is they were talking about adding online heist to the original a full year ago and sure enough it was all just smoke up our asses... if they are not adding any new heists than why would anybody by it?

I mean they do realize their game gets old fairly quickly right? if they are not adding new content people will stop playing.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Happens often in game development unfortunately. You'd think by now they would have simply stated they aren't coming, but Rockstar works differently. Quite frankly, I don't think they care if you keep playing. In fact, I imagine they'd be equally as happy if you bought the game and never played it. That's less bandwidth usage and less bills after the fact for them. (Granted the model may be a bit different since Microsoft let's developers use their Azure cluster for free I believe)

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

your probably right about them not caring about people playing but hey i cant blame them... all a game developer has to do nowadays is over hype their game tremendously before release to get the pre-order numbers up and they are set.

GTA 5 made so much money and it was an okay game... now they are just being greedy by re-releasing it

14. Baba Booey

Actually, they are doing what their fans have been begging them to do.

Next gen GTA5 will have better graphics, longer draw distance, better AI, better damage modeling, more players per server plus new weapons and stuff. I, for one, am totally psyched to purchase it again.

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

so you're saying they are going to make an average game above average? And all you have to do is buy a new system and a whole new game... doesnt sound greedy to me at all

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Be wary about getting it for PC.
    Rockstar's GTA IV port was a disaster at the time, poorly optimized.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Good point, I forgot about this.

18. Baba Booey

Then don't buy it. I don't think it's an average game, either.

I am going to wait for it on PC and make sure it's a good port. I am going to end up with a PS4 at some point anyway, so I will just get it on that if the PC version sucks.

19. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i probably going to get it,if our old characters transfer over too,even better. i had several million in the bank even after they patched everything and took everyones money.. also, i hope the 1st person thing is interchangable.. the whole gta experience to me is about 3rd person gameplay..

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You don't have to play in first.