1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video game] Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Jun 11, 2018.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

GTA 5 had lots of content that the overly sensitive fake gamers would freak out about

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I don't get it.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The game is good but not quite what it was hyped up to be. The game is essentially linear, the only side quests you do aren't even "quests", they just are random spots on the map where you can go help out if you want. Not really satisfying my RPG-itch quite like Skyrim/GTA/etc. did. Luckily have avoided most of the technical issues most are dealing with.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Haven't bought it myself yet but my cousin did.

This game isn't an RPG, it's downright false advertising that it was ever marketed that way. It's an FPS with a little exploring added in.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's an RPG. Is the Witcher 3 an RPG? Because it carries over the same looting system but with a more involved proggresions system.

10. fchowd0311

What do you mean by linear?

RDR2 is linear in terms of the gameplay as you can't really chose between stealth or action and the paths are predetermined in many story missions. In Cyberpunk you can chose what routes to tackle missions such as sneaking into the upper floors or busting through the front door.

Odd take. Did you play the game?

11. fchowd0311

People comparing this to gta5 are dumb. Sorry. GtA5 had a rather simplistic grid style layout to the city. There wasn't much verticle exploration. Like you can't climb the city in GTA5 and find hidden alleys and sky bridges like in Night City. It's a dense jungle. You have the same exact interactivity with npcs on the streets in Cyberpunk as GTA.

There are more indoor environments also in Night City than in GTA.

In GTA there really isn't any alternate routes into buildings such as secret upper floor entrances you can sneak in by climbing.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The point being, I don't get a sense that I can branch off into my own path. The different gangs are irrelevant. Sure, you can explore wherever you want, but aside from the main story-arc, the side quests are fairly dull. I don't see what they add in terms of story at all. They're just random spots on the map you can pick and choose. There's no real sense of exploration, though, since they're all already marked on the map.

Maybe I haven't played enough yet, but i'm not getting that sense.

13. fchowd0311

Charge Jump or double jump is a must in this game along with reducing fall damage.

The best way to play this game in my experience is being a rooftop ninja climbing buildings and attacking enemies below. Utilizing the veticallity of the city is very fun unlike in other open world cities. I have a high powered tech sniper rifle and a powerful katana blade. So I snipe from the roofs and than jump down and finish off enemies with the blade.

14. fchowd0311

It's so odd how different the experiences are in this game. The side quests are literally the best part about this game. They are far more fleshed out and far deeper and longer than side quests of other games.

It was Witcher 3's strong suit also.

15. fchowd0311

[QUOTE="J Sizzle, post: 13282589, member: 50387" There's no real sense of exploration, though, since they're all already marked on the map.

Maybe I haven't played enough yet, but i'm not getting that sense.[/QUOTE]

16. fchowd0311

Huh? It's all question marks on the he map. Some of the craziest stories and side quests are just you walking into a question mark.

Exploration is literally the best part of the game to me. A question mark on the map doesn't spoil it. And there are hidden items and events that aren't even on the map even with a question mark if you actually try to explore veticallity a bit.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

For some odd reason I watched about 4 reviews of this game. And you and the person both sound right to me in regards to what I watched.

I haven’t played a lot of games the last several years. Would it be fair to say that some of the negative parts of the game regarding the story and how you progress through the game will be I’mproved at some point? Or will it mostly just be more content and fixing glitches?

18. fchowd0311

His take is rather lacking and far removed from my experience though.

The game probably varies a lot person to person because either are many ways to approach it.
    You can play it just running from point a to point b without truly trying to explore the city. It doesn't hold your hand in terms of exploration. It doesn't help that one of the most vital tools to explore is locked behind 45000 eddies(cybernetic mod for jumping higher)

19. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I think you're right that Cyberpunk definitely has some advantages over GTA5, but there is definitely a significant difference between the interactivity with NPCs between the 2 games...and not in Cyberpunk's favor. GTA5 in general is much more sophisticated with its open-world systems and AI, which help you feel more immersed in the game world. And it did that stuff many years ago on older hardware. I think while those other things CP does are great, these probably go further in keeping players feel part of the game world. It is nice that you can climb all these buildings and whatnot, but when cops/NPCs are just spawning out of thin air just a few feet from your character, it can really take you out of the experience. I'm assuming you've seen the myriad of videos comparing GTA5 to Cyberpunk, but if not, I can share some links later (though there are so many, I wouldn't even know which ones to pick).

FWIW, I believe the CDPR CEO more or less said you should compare this game to RDR2, GTA, and other top-class open world games (especially in terms of polish and whatnot).

They'll probably tweak a few things about how these systems works, which might reduce some of the headaches some gamers have. For example, I saw reports about how the game might "pester" you about new jobs/quests, which I'm guessing CDPR could probably tweak. Improving the AI and other open-world systems will improve the quests themselves (i.e., less repetitive). Could also tweak the gameplay mechanics some, though not sure how much. Don't think they'll change a whole lot about the quests themselves though. In general, they sound like the strong points of the game, so they'll probably focus on all the other stuff.

If they actually try to address the other issues, I could see that taking quite a bit of effort and time, so between that and creating new content, don't think they'll touch much else with the game.

peleincubus likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

Are you confusing buggy ai with less interactivity? The one aspect GTa5 doesn clearly better is law enforcement. It's far more engaged. But in terms of interactivity with your generic npc, Cyperpunk and GTA5 is the same except Cyperpunk is more buggy such as their touted lip syncing tech not working properly currently so when you talk to many npcs out in the streets, their lips aren't moving while they talk. However I see more variety of types of npcs such as body types and clothing types and different places to their walking speed such as a fat person wobbling around slowly. Also I see more random things npcs do in Cyperpunk than GTA5 such as friends trying to watch over a drunk puking buddy.

Also can we commend the intricacies and level of detail to all the random npcs especially their clothing. I mean random NPCs, not just main story ones, have such detailed layers of clothing. And the material rendering in Cyperpunk is ahead of anything right now such as transparent polyester clothing layered on top of opaque fabric and combine that with ray tracing you see intricate reflections on npc clothing. It's ridiculous. I just enjoying staring at the world in this game.

Edit:I forgot that gta5 has some npcs fight back of you punch them while in Cyberpunk the only people who fight back are gang members and cops while the rest run away.

#180 fchowd0311, Dec 16, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020