1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Donatas Motiejunas Highlights vs. Clippers 2/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 14, 2013.

1. kidcave9

kidcave9 Member

i love how fearless he is

2. WinkFan

WinkFan Member

In his limited playing time, he has been a worse rebounder than any of our other C, PF, AND SF.

Well, ok, he's a better rebounder than Delfino. But you could argue Delfino is a SG.

#82 WinkFan, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  3. basketballholic

I would bet DMo gets sent back to D-league until after the All-Star break. Gotta bury him until the trade deadline passes. Morey's biggest priority is moving PPat. PPat will never have greater trade value than he has right now. Rookie contract with a year left before he is potentially paid bigger money and he's a very good player. As I've stated before, PPat is neither the problem nor the solution for this team and since his value will never be higher, I fully expect he is gone by either the trade deadline or during this offseason at the latest.

TJones and GSmith were recalled today. GSmith will be given DMo's garbage time and TJones will be given any other garbage minutes.

Rockets want to trade their youngsters in this order:

1. Morris
    2. PPat
    3. Smith
    4. TJones
    5. DMo

They're going to try to make Morris and Smith look as good as possible. Notice, Morris has been getting a run of minutes the last couple weeks. You may think he deserves them but James Anderson already showed he deserves those minutes first. And PPat has proven he is the better player over Morris. So, why is Morris getting minutes? Because they want to move him the most. Yeah, I know guys like Bima don't agree with this but Morey is all about maximizing value for this players. We're not in championship mode. We are playing guys according to developing them to maximize their trade values right now, especially with the trade deadline a week away.

Once the trade deadline is past, don't be surprised if all of a sudden DMo becomes a 20+mpg rotation player. He's already ready to contribute. He's already got established offensive game, not just post game but perimeter also. He has a nose for the basketball. DMo is ready to contribute to this team offensively. He's not ready defensively...but I could say the same thing for Smith and Morris. They're not ready defensively either, yet, they've both got rotation minutes. We've taken our time with DMo. We don't want to trade him. After the trade deadline, look out.

1 person likes this.
  4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Motiejunas must play. I really feel like he has the highest ceiling on the roster (outside of Harden).

Patterson and Morris have had their moments but I want DMO.

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I don't disagree with your premise that there is a 'showcasing' of players going on to some degree.
    But I'm not sure what point you're making re: James Anderson playing PF minutes??
    Morris has had very very very few minutes on the wing so far this season...

6. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Dmo's trade value reached his season high by one game. ;)

7. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

Off the heazy shoulder lay-up was the best~

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hope he perfects that hook shot. If he does that will be a easy 10 points a game off that move at least. Defenders can't stop a hook shot, if you perfect it it's pretty unstoppable.

9. jtr

jtr Member

That off the shoulder pass by D-Mo is my favorite play of the season so far. Every time I watch it I just break out laughing.

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

D-Mo's work as a Rocket thus far...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sYfdgjDrfZ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. shumbum

shumbum Member

D-Mo and maybe Jones but White is somebody I don't think most teams would want at this point. He's created so much drama even before joining the roster that it really begs the question if this guy could ever be a team player. As far as I'm concerned, this guy is a prima donna par excellence and nobody I would want influencing the rest of the team.

12. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Reminds me of a younger Scola with more size and length, and longer range. I think we'd all agree that Luis Scola was spectacular with us. I think Motiejunas can be even better. Hopefully he can become our work-horse at the 4.

13. jocar

jocar Member

Not to mention that was a hook shot by his off hand. His left hook is much quicker. Hope he can bulk up like Yao did.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

What about Kareem did he have to bulk up?

Imo, just let him fill out naturally, his advantages are height, quickness, and being left handed.

He can learn to get lower and establish a better base but getting too large or bulky would ruin his quickness.

Being tall AND quick is very rare and a major advantage, just look at Dream as a former Rocket example.

DD

15. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Member

I agree that D-Mo doesn't necessarily have to get bigger, but he absolutely has to get stronger.
    It's perfectly fine to be on the thiner side if you're strong enough to handle bigger guys.

Not sure about comparing guys from different era's, but KG at no point was "big" either and even at age 37(?) he's still getting the job done, despite being one of the thinest bigs in the game.

It's all about (core & base) strength.

16. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I hope McHale starts playing this kid on a regular basis. A big man with multiple ways to score and can actually catch the ball. Harden and Lin would have a field day.

17. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Because of White's talent your concerns are not my concerns. White is the guy McHale wanted to draft and McHale has an excellent record on drafting forwards. So I'll go with him on that one.

You're passing judgment because of your personal dislike for the kid... And he's not a prima donna he has mental health issues. That's a big difference dude...

18. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

The greatest thing that I've noticed about D-Mo is that he seems "hungry." He has that fire that all winners have. He really needs to be given a chance. It's clear as day.