1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Donatas Motiejunas Highlights vs. Clippers 2/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 14, 2013.

1. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Member

He needs to get his hand way up over his head for that hook shot. I'm sure that's the kind of stuff McHale would like to see him improve. I think he still has a lot of bad habits he developed over the years just because he could get away with it in Lithuania.

Having said that, really rooting for this kid.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Once he calms down and lets the game come to him, he's going to be really nice.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

He's our future at the 4, which is why all this talk of bringing in an overpaid J Smoove doesn't make much sense to me. Royce, Jones and D-Mo are all gonna be players in this league if they keep working hard ...and with Royce that's a big if. D-Mo is ready for rotational minutes right now IMO.

4. meh

meh Member

This happens a lot to every team. Ever since I stopped living in Houston and started getting other teams' feeds, it's amazing how much crap we generally give our players/coaches applies to everyone else too.

Hence why I said he's average and not good. But it's not as if every big makes that play. A lot of times they do not.

I don't actually care WHY he doesn't rebound better. To me that's immaterial. I've watched way too much basketball to expect players to reach their full potential. I judge Patterson for who he is, not whether he can be better if he tries harder.

If anything, if it's truly lack of focus and effort, then it means he has room to improve with age. That's actually a good thing.

5. Arthurprescott2

I can't tell if you have low expectations or just have a zen-like disposition.

6. LikeMike

LikeMike Member

We don`t really need players - Morey gets you players at bargain prices easily... we need stars. Royce, Jones or DMo may be a star one day, but I don`t think you can plan with that.

So, if we could get a star-level player, you do it - DMo may develope to a 6th man. And players like Smith would be 4 year player - I don`t think our guys will be major stars next season or the season after that. And then you could still potentially play him at the 5 or a guy like Smith at the 3.

7. meh

meh Member

What's there to expect? Patterson is a 3rd year player as a former 14th pick. If he was a great rebounder to go with his offensive skillset, he'd be Horace Grant and I'd be starting threads about how stupid it is that so many teams passed on on the guy.

8. jtr

jtr Member

I have been a D-Mo fan since we drafted him 20 months ago. His low post offensive game has come a long way since then. He appears to be unstoppable on the low post by a single player. However he has spent little time on the court facing NBA starters. As he begins to pick up rotation minutes we will find out a lot about the man.

And I have been of the opinion that we should not trade for a power forward (short of Love of course) because the perfect candidate is already in the Rockets organization.

What has not shown up this season is D-Mo's passing skills. For a seven footer he can pick up assists every night. Who knows - 3 or 4 maybe.

9. Arthurprescott2

Sorry, I should have been more specific in quoting you - I was referring to PPatt's frequent failures to box out.

I've come to grips with the fact that he's not a great rebounder.

10. conquistador#11

his D can't be worse than cole or mooks...coach put him in, he is ready to play.

11. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Good post...No kidding. If D-Mo gets in the rotation we'll be a bad defensive team? How much worse can we be defensively? He was getting pushed around by Odom a little bit. It's strange hearing Bill Worrel and Bull on the highlights talking about how proud and excited McHale and the Rockets' front office are about D-Mo and then come to Clutchfans and hear about how McHale hates D-Mo...

12. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

There is no reason to play Morris over Montiejunas.

None whatsoever.

13. landryfans

landryfans Member

Bill Worrel and Bull are paid to talk positively.

Although I dont believe McHale hate on anyone.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually, Morey has said that with Harden and the high potential guys we have, we don't need to gamble like we've been doing in the last few years. If you can get a sure fire superstar, of course you jump on it. But you don't have to gamble on risky players anymore. There is good chance that one of those kids will end up being a star or near star.

I think DMo has at least a 50-50 chance of getting to that level based on his work ethic and attitude I've heard so far.

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Member

We didn't hear a lot of positive feedback about Thabeet. If Bill and Bull say a guy is impressing the coach and management, it can only be a good thing.

17. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

It's over. After a proformance like that. Its now the begining of D-Mo era.

18. TripleSeven

TripleSeven Member

This is chess. Not checkers.

Morey needs other GMs to see that Morris is a capable starter in this league. His value is way higher than it would be if he were coming off the bench all season.

19. PooleBoi7

PooleBoi7 Member

Morris is just trade bait...that's why he's starting. Marketing tactic...(i could be wrong though).