1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Donatas Motiejunas Highlights: 12 Points, 13 Rebounds vs. Dirk, Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 30, 2014.

1. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

DMo's post moves are above average. It i surprise me why Kevin McHale never tried calling any post plays for him in the last 12 or so games to see what he can bring to the table.

2. Penetrate&Creat

DMo needs to get on a solid weight training program and get stronger

Once he's beefed up a bit, no doubt this kid will be a force to be reckoned with.

3. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

with his current size and skill he will just kill the D-league. give him time on the ground and opportunity to play against veterans just like Dirk he will be a legit 7 footer. Marc Gasol at least, but I hope to see a Sabonis at his prime. too bad this league only caught his end of career when he was all injured.

4. nobie

nobie Member

Sabonis playing PG when he was young, he had PG skills in 7'2 C body. Motiejunas will never reach Sabonis level. Sabonis at his prime was NBA allstar level(though he didnt play in NBA cuz of Soviet Russia), Elite guard and big skills + elite athleticism + elite length + elite IQ.

5. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

They did run a few post ups up him. He either got pushed off of the block or the outlet pass was horrible.

6. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

I mean entry pass. not outlet sorry. Brainfade.

7. nobie

nobie Member

at the second quarter they gone to him versus Dirk few times in row. It worked pretty well, he scored few times + drawn a foul from Dirk, who then got benched.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Awww @ that kiss lol. Great game for DMo. Love to see him work in the post.

9. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Was not insinuating that going to Dmo was a bad idea. Just acknowledging they did start to a little bit.

He does need to be featured in the block more.

10. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Great game by DMo. We should really develop him. Love his hook shots.

What's the deal with Bev? He titanic'ed Jeremy one night and koala'ed DMo the next :).

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Montiejunas has earned a place in the rotation, in my opinion, not just spot minutes here and there, depending on the opponent. He's raised his level of play, while clearly working hard in the weight room. It hasn't changed his quickness, either. I was very excited when we got him, stay excited for a long time, then began to wonder if he was ever going to put all that talent to use. The guy couldn't stay in a game, racking up fouls like crazy. He made mistakes constantly on defense, while tantalizing us on the other end. Donuts was a classic case of potential unrealized. Well, he's beginning to realize it now. I just hope we don't include him in a deal. I want to watch Montiejunas develop. He could be special, given time.

As always, thanks for the highlights, Clutch. :)-

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

That's what happens when you get a little playing time. DMo came in this season ready to play and just needed playing time. Dean Cooper even said it, "DMo just needs to get out there." Thank God McHale finally got it!

13. omgTHEpotential

Love how DMo's progressing, but let's not get carried away. Sabonis in his prime was a top3 C in the world. And as far as unique skillset goes, he was No. 1 - 7'3" center quick as a SF, able tu put the ball on the floor, passer like Larry Bird, had a great post-game, good & quick hands, range to the 3pt line, was able to shoot sky-hooks from the FT line, elite defender... The guy was literally the most unique player in the world at the time and he's a legend back there in Europe.

That being said, I like how Donatus is progressing. He can become a really good role player on a championship team, or even a starter on a playoff team if keeps this up. I know it was probably said a million times already, but I wish McHale used him more in the post instead of Dwight...

14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

LOL, the kiss at the end... Im starting to like this guy man.. But sadly he needs time to work on his game and fine tune it... Rockets are in WIN NOW MODE, so him along with Terrence Jones are all trade baits for a bigger fish to make us instantly better in short and long term. Lets see where DM and Les Alexander take us from here.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I hope he stays on this team. He can become such an asset (pun not intended) to this team in a playoff run. It seems as his teammates are genuinely looking out for him, too.

Does he still want to be traded? I hope we're not just showing him off...

16. Deniz

Deniz Member

I really want him to get some meaningful minutes but what will happen with D-Mo if Asik comes back (and Smith)? :(

17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Asik will forsure get mins over him... Smith not so much. Dmo just has to be consistent and prove that he deserves to be out there, everything else will take care of itself.

We could back up TJones at the 4, and we can go back to a 9 man rotation

Bev,Harden,Parson,Jones DH
    Lin,DMo,Asik,and Casspi, and occasionally Garica :confused:

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Dmo should've been playing. Hopefully mchale keeps allowing him to work through mistakes.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

D Mo has a long way to go but he is looking better. Hustle takes you a long way too.

20. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

DMo needs to bulk up a little bit more so he can hold his position in the post. Then we can consistently feature him in the offense.