1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Donatas Motiejunas Highlights: 12 Points, 13 Rebounds vs. Dirk, Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 30, 2014.

1. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

Doesn't try, HE DOES! :)

2. dje243

dje243 Member

Dirty work D-Mo!? It seems to be a trend lately though. Just gotta cut down on the fouls.

3. rocketsmetalspd

DMo has been working out and that has allow him to hold his ground better than last year when he was being push around. I like how his rebounding has improved because of his added weight and muscle.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

His length bothered Dirk ,and he was able to secure the ball on the defensive boards. His jump hook was very nice, and he ran the floor nicely. I am glad he put the ball on the floor with his left hand, and drew the foul in the paint, but that shot that he put up wasn't a good one.
    He still has a long way to go, but he is getting better.

5. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

He actually worked over Dirk on consecutive possessions with that little hook.

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Good highlights, very promising. Let's see if he can be consistent though. T Jones still deserves to be the starting 4, but if DMO can start making Jones work for his minutes as the backup, it's a win win for this team.

7. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

I am so happy for D-Mo and for the Rockets for escaping the Mavs. You know when D-Mo get minutes its not very often. When he did though last night, he made it count, and the team won.

Not to say that D-Mo won it by himself. Everyone who played contributed.

This team has youth and a lot of potential. I don't like the idea of breaking up the team -- especially Terence Jones, Jeremy Lin, Patrick Beverley, D-Mo, and Chandler Parsons. These guys can only get better.

It's a shame Greg Smith is injured. Another hustle guy who can rebound and defend is someone the Rockets need to advance into the playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  8. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

That move @0:30, looked so smooth! So quick and decisive too.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

So uh guys...I think DMo totally kissed Bev at the very end, lol

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Thanks for the video. Missed the another game (sigh) due to see work.

So glad to see D-Mo playing well for us, especially defensively. I think he is finally getting what it takes to be an effective NBA player. Indeed, in this short video, he did bother the heck out of the Digler.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's European.....

12. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

If DMo starts bringing it like this regularly we start to look really good for the playoffs.

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I agree except for the last part. Smith cannot D for crap. I don't know if it is an issue with intelligence or focus, but his version of D is to pick up dumb fouls along with forgetting where he is on the court.

14. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Ok, so maybe Greg Smith needs to work on his footwork/defense.

Is Ryan Bowen still playing basketball?

If Omer Asik is not playing, can the Rockets find someone like Ryan Bowen if not Bowen himself?

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

I saw that, must be a Euro thing.

DMo has been slow to develop. He is very young. I have always had high hopes for him. He has size and skills. Looks like he is coming around. Both TJones and DMo are promising young players. The Dallas announcers raved about him.

16. steady

steady Member

Quote: Donatas Motiejunas scores 12 points, grabs a career-high 13 rebounds and plays some solid defense on Dirk Nowitzki in the fourth quarter of the 117-115 Houston Rockets win over the Dallas Mavericks on 1/29/2014.

=
    What's more, 7 of the those rebounds came in the 4th Quarter.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He stole Dwight's rebounds. :grin:

He is better than Jones at boxing out to secure the defensive rebound, especially when Dwight goes for the block.

It's funny that his highlights include drawing the flagrant foul. I thought he embellished it a bit.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I find it pretty interesting how both D-Mo and T-Jones are incredibly dextrous with either hands, and can easily finish consistently near the basket with either hands, but have absolutely no reliable jumper whatsoever.

19. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

The noticeable thing I see is that he is not in a hurry anymore.

20. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

DMo did all the intangibles which allowed the Rockets to pull this win. Team effort!