1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Cop slams into wrong-way drunk driver to stop her

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DeAleck, Aug 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Now that is a good cop.

Link

1 person likes this.
  2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Seems like he could have just used his lights to stop her.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Good stuff. I thought only bad people lived in UTAH. :grin:

I can't help but to think, was that the best way to stop that drunk wrong-way driver? :confused:

Couldn't he have also driven in reverse to minimize the impact and just slowed her down? Just sayin', is all...

4. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

[​IMG]

She's trailer park sexy.

5. DeAleck

If the cop goes in reverse, the drunk driver's car would probably bump him out of control and possibly into another lane. His concern was to stop her right there before she could go on to do more harm. It was a split-second decision, and it could go wrong too. But I applaud him for risking his life trying to stop a drunk-driver.

6. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Refreshing to see them get publicity for the things they do that are right. That is serious commitment to doing the right thing. Incredibly commendable.

7. Precision340

Precision340 Member

somebody's life/lives got saved that night...

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Good for him and all those that were driving that stretch that night.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Thats great that nobody was hurt, but that might be too dangerous for both of them. I'm not sure how fast she was going, but head on collisions are usually something to avoid.

10. DeAleck

I agree. It's good that the cop took on the collision himself, rather than having some innocent people to do it.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

great job turning around and catching up to her in just over a minute and a half...the only thing i think he "messed up" on was lining up directly in front of her, since it appears she did swerve some and could have still hit oncoming traffic or bounced off into them. A better option would have been to come in at an angle and get her on the outside corner, pinning her against the freeway divider

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Definitely. Someone I knew got killed by a drunk driver who drove the wrong way. The guy was exiting the freeway (59) when a drunk driver entered in the wrong way and violently slammed their cars together. The guy I know had no chance as it was so bad, the front tires met the back.

This lady should be heavily punished. No sympathy for irresponsible drivers like her.

13. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

The cop is F'n stupid. He could of killed her had she not be wearing a seat belt.

14. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

All the oncoming headlights didn't seem to phase her.

15. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

If she hadn't worn a seat belt, she could have flown out the windshield on impact and died. A drunk driver that had enough sense to put on their seat belt. That is strange.

Good job by the cop. He was making a huge gamble. He could have gotten killed or even worse. She could be dead, and the family could have sued the dept, and then he could get fired.

16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

At that point her car is a deadly weapon, he's authorized to stop her from endangering the lives of others by any means necessary. I don't think the family would have much of a case especially since she was drunk.

The cop took a huge risk and everyone came out relatively unharmed, he should be comended.

17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Are you serious? lol

Sorry dude, but if you get behind the wheel wasted to the point that you don't even realize you're going the wrong way on an interstate, you pretty much waive your right to be dealt with delicately.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

She was intoxicated. She most likely would have hit another vehicle going 65mph+, she didn't have enough sense to stop before hitting a code 1 police unit, by that point cops have the right to stop a driver by any means necessary.

I presume he expected her to slow down or stop when coming up on him with his lights going....

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

F all drunk drivers. Great job by that officer, he no doubt saved a few lives....if not just that of the drunkass driver.

20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Don't eat the fish.