1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Chandler Parsons smokes Kobe Bryant

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2012.

1. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

DREAM SHAKE!

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

chandler puts on a kobe, on Kobe:eek:

3. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. Amir

Amir Member

how he can do that, yet miss free throws, will have to remain a mystery

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Glorious.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

How does Chandler shoot so well from the field... and not be able to make free throws? The world will never know.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

The white mamba?

1 person likes this.
  8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Remember Bruce Bowen. There was a year when his 3pt percentage was higher than his FT percentage.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I want the Lakers

10. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Too bad you don't see the Rockets highlights on NBA.com, they were giving love to the Lakers then finished their 2 minute highlight with 'and the Rockets come back and won'

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Yes, I am an Aussie homer, it probably wasn't that bad, but...y'all know what I mean!:)

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I think he's already starting to put that shooting liability to rest.

An extremely respectable 38% over the last 34 games.

Still needs to improve his FT stroke though. He's certainly better than 48%, he was a 61% shooter at florida. But even thats not good enough.

13. rocketsmetalspd

Exactly, that was not Kobe like.

14. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

The term "white boy" is offensive. Please be respectful and consider the hardships of my people.

15. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

Great Play.. And im happy to have Chandler Parsons on the Rockets

But why is it we ALWAYS overrate things a white player.. or non-black player does

I mean we all know Kobe is getting up their in age, but come on.. it was just one move

Its kinda like the Black QB in football... he does one thing great, and everybody starts putting him a level he doesnt deserve to be at( and trust me, im black so dont try and say i was being racist)

Well all saw what happened went boxing went from Hispanic and Black to now just mostly asians and whites. The other races bring racism and it destroys the sport for good

Some whites who are fans of Kevin Love are already calling other black players the N-Word. I read it all the time. Saying that K-Love is better than all these N*&^#%*( its sad). The truth of the matter is Kevin Love is no better than a young Zack Randolph, all points and rebounds on a bad team( but unable to lift his teams level of play)

Its why i said i wanted the NBA to always stay a black league( people may look at me and call me a racist). But im not a racist.. because of 90% of the NHL and NASCAR Fans want the same thing.

If a Black Player came into the NHL that was as good as Wayne Gretzky, or a Black NASCAR driver came in and was winning every race in sight. You dont their would be racism out there from the majority of fans. European players or White Players who come into the NBA never get stuff yelled at them, or black people calling them racial names. But the opposite is more often than not true

The truth of the matter is, that the NBA and NFL are probably the least racist sports in America. And they just so happened to be black dominated. Even Tennis is a racist sport to a certain extint( i have seen personally how the Williams Sisters were treated by the fans and the media)

The predominately black sports are more willing to accept white players or any other race, than predominately white sports are willing to accept us. But the NBA and NFL are always being labeled racist againist other races, and not the NHL and NASCAR.. even GOLF was racist once upon a time

Maybe its just America. Because in just about every other country around the world. Our American Black Athletes are loved, and i think somebody posted a link that showed that Basketball is the 2nd most popular sport in the World( so their you have it). People from other countries love our athletes more on average than we do.

Stephon Marbury has already alluded to living in China for the rest of his life. Dude was getting killed in the media here in America, everybody was calling him crazy( he was probably just depressed because of the passing of his father. ( He is happy now over in China, and he really likes helping poor or less fornuate kids). Unfornately when he was here the american media wont show the good side of him, and will only show the bad side of him

16. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

So yes the reason why.. i look at Parsons and Budinger and Scola and i cheer for them because they are Rockets 1st and foremost.. but at the same time. I know that as a black guy. If a STAR player who was african or african-american was a dominant Hockey player or NASCAR driver would not get the same love and appreciation from the majority of fans, that im giving right now

I know thats a weird way to look at it. But thats how i see things

17. Dei

Dei Member

It wasn't that impressive from an athletic perspective. It wasn't that smooth nor quick. It worked because Parsons is long. Kobe's got a 4" height disadvantage.

That's just what makes long SFs great.

18. texansalltheway

Parsons is on his way to stardom!!

19. cuddie

cuddie Member

Kobe on Kobe violence

20. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

D'Jumaine here. Friends just call me Cedric. Black American (Mobile Alabama) who couldn't disagree more with you. You don't really make a point either - in one paragraph you say we, the common man, overrate white athletes and in the next you say a black QB does one great thing and we put him at a level he doesn't deserve to be at.

So which one is it, homie? Lol, peeps be trippin. Trippin hard on their gats.

The second a black kid with braids steps on the court, everyone wants him on their team. Young white men begin salivating at the chance to be around someone with sexy swag and old white men begin salivating at grooming the next TherBron James. This starts at a young age, around 6-7 so naturally the confidence builds. Also, without a paternal figure in the household and a mom who "keeps it real", most of this kids mature at a much earlier age and have a huge mental edge over the competition growing up.

Let's keep it real - America loves it's black athletes and their big black

personalities.

Terrell Owens, Kobe, LeBron, Tiger, these guys dominate the news. Phil Mickelson looks like everyone's dad, he's not getting much airtime. And in a nation where black and white athletes have dominated the news historically, it's always nice when a minority like Jeremy Lin can come in and make a mark. That has nothing to do with "anti-racism", it's just something new that people haven't seen. If Jeremy Lin was the next Jackie Chan, no one would care. But if a black guy with chains and dreads starts dominating Pro Chess, it's going to be all over the papers.

We, humanity, love seeing stereotypes broken. It has nothing to do with not liking the black athlete.

Stephon - and I know him personally - is doing great in China because he has a very petite Asian personality. He's always been into Doraemon and Manga and it's only natural that he goes there and thrives in a nation that worships tall men of any color.

The Williams sisters are a terrible example of "racism" - no one has a problem with Venus and the issue with Serena arises because she acts, and looks, like a savage animal diva at times. Sure it's cute when skinny white girls do it as teenagers, but regardless of race, if a grown woman does it it's just sad.

So you've just been regulated.

1 person likes this.