1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video] Bynum tries to steal ball away from teammate

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Fostate, Apr 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Nothing I said is factually incorrect. But I think you know that since you're only objecting to the comparison. Go to the 7:15 mark of this video:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CgrqJnX7VwY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Michael Jordan also punched his teammate in the face during practice so I guess I can't mention his name either. I don't think Hakeem or Jordan tried to kill anyone on the court by fouling or punching them, but they did kill their opponents with skill and talent like Bynum did to the Spurs the other night. Thus, I don't see anything wrong with him wanting to shoot a three at the end of the game to cap off a dominating performance like Olajuwon used to do. You would love it if "b****num" as you call him was a Houston Rocket. If you deny that, you're lying to yourself. If anything, Rockets' fans should be happy Bynum is shaqtin' a fool out there. He helped Houston win two games against the Lakers. You're blinded by hatred.

#41 Kwame, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That was funny.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

I don't know why people are making this a disrespect towards SA or sportsmanship. When the more important thing is that he doesn't seem to respect his teammate.

If Bynum wanted to shoot a 3 for giggles, all he needed to do was tell Blake to give him the ball and shoot it. Blake for whatever reason, perhaps out of sportsmanship or doing what the coach told him, refused. At that point, Bynum should've stopped out of respect for his own teammate. That he didn't pretty much shows he doesn't seem to care even for those on his team.

4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Best statement in this thread just like Magic (Howard), Kings (Cousins) or Jazz (DWill) when they fire their coaches because their MVP player did not agree. You let Bynum shoot that 3, Spurs will be putting that in the bulletin board and they will not forget. When Kobe gets less control, more control to Bynum and Gasol, they are a better team.

5. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

It must be tough living in a world with your Sharpton-colored glasses on. My boss is black. He's also the best boss I've ever had. The two facts have nothing to do with each other.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who make life harder for themselves and perceive racism to be worse than it is because of their preconceptions. You can make yourself be miserable - or you can rise above things.

It's your choice - other people have just as much power over you as you give them.

6. cuddie

cuddie Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

um ...bro; I'm as black as Obama. Save your racial sermon for someone else. And no .... the "media" did not make Bynum look like a knucklehead. Bynum made Bynum look like a knucklehead. Are black people unfairly sterotyped and profiled? Yes. We've still got work to do in this country. So freaking what? Life isn't fair. Don't excuse bad behavior by making a racial issue out of it. What i saw was some 7 foot millionaire kid that needs to grow up and learn some sportsmanship. It's not about race so stop reading something into it that's not there. If you act like a stooge, you must be a stooge.

8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Bynum is black and he bleeds just like you and me.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

How does this have anything to do with racism? Did I miss something?

Fact is, Bynum has a track record of doing dumb things-

-Multiple ejections from flagarent fouls like the one in 2009 against Gerald Wallace that ultimately caused a collapsed lung

-2011 playoff series against Dallas- look at the entire series, not just the cheapshot on JJ.

-Cost the Lakers 2 wins this season by getting ejected in both games against Rockets.

-Then the ill advised 3 point shot situation.

His reputation wasnt just made up. The guy obviously has maturity issues, and the media hype has more to do with him being a Laker then it does him being black. I know you guys are too young to remember the former Laker Kurt Rambis, but Rambis had a reputation of being a hot head and dirty player even though he was white.

I dont think it has anything to do with him being black and more to do with Bynum being a Laker. He's in the spotlight alot, and the fact that he's the up-and coming star of America's favorite basketball team has more to do with his media exposure than the color of his skin.

Ill be the first to admit that the media has had more than its share of racially derived agenda's in our country's history but I dont think this is one of those.

Nothing to see here but an immature kid making an ass of himself.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Pretty obvious. The white guy refused to give the ball to the black guy. Very racist. :grin:

11. Apps

Apps Member

And now all the white fans are coming out and criticizing a black player that plays in a league in which--*GASP*--the majority of players are black!

What were the chances?! It must be racism.

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Well guys have to be coddled these days. Cant talk bad about him because the baby needs to be coddled. Give him the ball and let him shoot 3's.

13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

God, Crynum is such a child... I lose more respect for him every day.

14. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

LMAO! That was awesome! Would rep if I could. Someone please rep this man

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Took care of it for ya!