1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] A fight nearly breaks out at end of Rockets-Jazz game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 17, 2014.

1. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Garcia isn't going to take that. We were playing out the clock and doing the "right" thing. Not going up for another last second shot.

He just expected the other team to do the same & let the game end. When that didn't happen he made sure the other team knew he did't like it. He is a vett and isn't gonna take that from any one.

Add another +1 for Garcia on the respect level.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

I just realized I went to college with this guy. Not sure why it didn't click til now.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do."

4. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I'm@work and almost died out laughing at this. Halarious bro

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Classless move by Lucas, doubled down on by the fact that he punched Garcia after Garcia fouled him. Dude deserves to be suspended. That's poor sportsmanship on many different levels.

7. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Agreed. To me, it seemed Lucas was LOOKING for a confrontation with anybody. Maybe the coach sent orders for him to do somethin because of us running up the score. If so, the message definitely backfired:)

8. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

LOL you can tell Lucas has never fought: Chin up out in the open, dukes not up to protect face... all that bluster to try to puff himself up and make himself look tough. He's prey in his own mind.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Was posted 5 pages ago...

5 pages ago, yet no one responded.

I'm not obnoxious. Posters just bypass certain thoughts in my posts to fit their LOF agenda. Happened in the Harden-George thread when I stated in my FIRST response Harden was better. Wasn't acknowledged, then another unnecessary argument ensued.

So yeah, keep playing yourself with preconceived LOF assertions. It's not unfathomable to suggest Bev can be questionable sometimes. Media, players, and ex-players not only agree.. they take it a step further and call him dirty. I don't think he's dirty, but he has walked the line.

btw- love Bev's role on this team (as much as you don't want to believe). He adds much needed toughness and defense. Lin's defense sucks and Harden's usually sucks.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Did you respond to whether you thought the Rockets should have taken shot clock violations at the end of the game, since you think putting up 3s was unsportsmanlike? Sorry if I missed it.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Garcia is like "come at me bro!"

12. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

0 min, 0 pts, 0 reb, 0 ast, 0 stl, 0 blk, 1 fight

CISCO!

13. TheJet

TheJet Member

So, a fan base that is biased towards their own player is surprising to you? Hell, I think we'd all agree that Pat is the kind of player that you would hate on any other team but love on yours. This shouldn't be shocking news.

The fact that you played the "impartial judge" card to point out that Pat is just as guilty or dirty as Lucas, followed by the disclaimer that you really love Pat's game and really are a Rockets fan is amusing. I love playing devil's advocate but even that's a stretch.

14. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Since I'm strong, I'll answer your question even though you didn't answer mine. I don't think the Rockets did anything wrong.. that wasn't my point in the first place. As I previously stated, Lucas made a cheap play. I just find it hilarious how quickly posters jumped on him, while same time not acknowledging their own glasshouse.

Reminds of a recent conversation with a friend who propped up Swearinger for being hard hitting because he blew out a player's knee. Then 10 minutes later, said the hit against Cushing vs KC was dirty. If anything, Swearinger's hit was more dirty because of the vulnerability level of each situation.
    Hilarious

15. TheJet

TheJet Member

And that's why you're getting blasted. You're basically calling our fan base hypocrites. No hard core fan is going to be totally objective. Again, this isn't a new development. I can look back at those two Texans plays and honestly say that the Charles/Cush hit wasn't any more dirty than DJs. But did my gut agree? Hell no. As a fan it's almost impossible to be totally objective, and you find that hilarious.

16. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Member

We shouldn't have been taking that three like that at the end, I understand why it irritated him. He should have saved that and the Jazz should have used it next time when they had a chance to show more heart.

That said, Garcia should have laughed at him, along with the rest of the Rockets, for getting mad about the rookie not knowing better. And next game, we should come out, whoop them again, and shoot nothing but threes at the end when we are again up by 40.

Move along, nothing to see here. Everyone looked petty.

17. Houstunna

Supporting Member

First, I am Houston's fan base. We are not enemies. The sooner posters get that through their heads, the better.

Second, I previously stated in this thread blindness wasn't specific to Rockets fans. All fan bases do it and it's funny everytime it happens.

18. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Member

I don't disagree with a lot of your conclusions. I think people just reacted negatively to your comments because you act like such a smug a**hole. Just my two cents.

19. ChippedToothLin

I love how all the guys chased after Lucas lol

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

This sure sounded like you had an issue with the way the Rockets finished the game --

But sure, OK.