1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] A fight nearly breaks out at end of Rockets-Jazz game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 17, 2014.

1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I have no problem with Garcia going after him. That was a bush league move by Lucas and he deserved to be confronted. I like how some of these rockets players got some attitude. We needed more of that back in 08 when the Lakers were punking us in the playoffs.

2. haydenfisher342

dude ease off westbrooks sack. The leagues best point gaurds praise Beverly. Set they make them better, play harder, makes them tougher. Westbrook is fine, if he cant handle a 2nd round, dleague guard play past the whistle then he doesnt belong.

3. Andrew Wiggins

[​IMG]

Bull****. Rockets fans know you DO NOT steal the ball when the other team is being respectful and running the clock out. Regarding the threes, YOU WANT THEM TO DRIBBLE THE CLOCK OUT FOR THE LAST 3-4 POSSESSIONS? WTF. It's garbage time, sure, but it's the only chance for players like Canaan and Garcia to get playing time in an NBA game. Garcia is playing for a paycheck, and Canaan is playing for experience and trying to earn playing time. The other team should have players that are willing to play out there as well. Lucas knows what he did was wrong and admits it.

You can't compare this situation to a playoff game, especially when players like Westbrook have FAKED TIMEOUTS and drove it in for an easy layup before. You don't stop playing until you hear a whistle UNLESS the game is over and the other team is dribbling the clock out.

Okay, we get it. You're a Lin fan who hates Patrick Beverley. Now, STFU AND QUIT RUINING WHAT WAS A FUNNY THREAD BEFORE YOU POSTED.

4. Andrew Wiggins

WB doesn't even get respect form OKC fans. They say things like Durant has been tearing it up since WB's injury and they don't need him even after they got bounced in the second round of the playoffs. They think they can win without him and they just need more experience without WB. They are a dumbass fanbase because they don't know **** about basketball before the Thunder started making the playoffs. They will get respect from Rockets fans when they show up to games post Kevin Durant.

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

YES!!!!!

And media, players, and ex-players would say the same. Why?
    Because it's a "courtesy" for the defense to ease up. If you abuse said courtesy, it's cheap.

Now I'm Westbrook homer... smh
    Keep on playing yourself.

btw- stats and eye-test say Westbrook handled it pretty well

Some people liked being played
    LOL

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

nah it was pretty bad mannered move to go for the steal

a person like Garcia is obviously not gonna let it go, cuz he's just that way

7. Neped

Neped Member

What started the fight?

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Do you even understand the game of basketball. It was perfectly okay for bev to go for the steal, those timeout situations are pretty tricky and a lot of teams tries to mind game eachother for example pretending there was a time out and then suddenly run up for a open layup, or try go for a steal when you know the opponent is relaxed before calling a timeout.

This situation is completely different. When the team during a blowout runs down the clock out of respect to you, you don't steal the ball. it is considered really bad mannered move to go for the deal when the leading team is basically showing mercy by running down the clock and running up the score.

9. Andrew Wiggins

So many times coaches/players act like they want a time out and the defense gets lax and they change their mind. Gee, I wonder why.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No, im saying what's fine and what isn't, in my opinion. Obviously.

Do you even disagree with my opinions? lol

11. Kim

Kim Member

Nothing was a problem until Lucas went into fighting stance. If a Garcia shove is escalation, that's a legit argument. Lucas can shove back, but the dude put up his fists. Who the hell does that after a shove? He's been in the NBA long enough to have been shoved before.

12. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

I think Lucas realized it was the only chance he had to make it on Sportscenter.

13. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

How the hell did Bill not realize what happened? He seems clueless as to why Garcia got in his face.

14. Patience

Patience Member

Eh, I'll give Lucas a pass on this one. I've been a big fan of his ever since he got up off the backless stool to unleash his war feelings on the Lake-people a few years ago.

15. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Why are we talking about what Bev did in a thread about Garcia and JLIII? Anyways I thought this was funny, especially since Garcia sounds like squeakish.

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

Even Lucas apologizes for the stupid play and here you are defending it.

17. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Complaining about people being biased towards the Rockets on a Rockets fan forum, makes sense.

18. coffeelover665

I don't really see your point in your first quote to be honest as it doesn't further solidify your argument. everyone here is saying JL3 messed up and you're defending him by using PBev as a comparison and calling us hypocrites.

Both of them are same plays but at VERY differing scenario. One is in the middle of the game while the other is still going on. PBev did what he does and it's acceptable because hes trying to win the game. If he made that steal and score a point would that contribute a little bit to a win? Yes. Does JL3 stealing the ball from a rookie who barely got playing time and running it down help the Jazz win the game? No it doesn't.

These two are very different scenario. even the Jazz fans on reddit are ashamed of JL3. I don't see how you can even make the comparison and trying to call us out as hypocrites.

19. Kim

Kim Member

Had to be, lol. I've just never seen that sequence before. It's always shove, shove, face-to-face smack talk, bigger shove...then a fist might fly. I've never seen 1 shove = box mode engaged in the NBA before.

20. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

my money's on Francisco! Remember what he did what Clutch tried to scare him in the hallway? Nothing....because Francisco is tough like that lol :cool: