1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Video] A fight nearly breaks out at end of Rockets-Jazz game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Asian Sensation

They grow so fast

[​IMG]

2. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I picked a great game to have my mom in the crowd. Utah, I apologize. I just hate losing, I always will.</p>&mdash; John Lucas III (@Luke1luk) <a href="https://twitter.com/Luke1luk/statuses/445782091834212353">March 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yet, your fandom is secure with jacking up 3's during the final seconds of a blowout.

Rockets can do no wrong, and their opponents are child molesters.

4. haydenfisher342

play defense for 47 min? ever think of that? We making threes? how about guard the 3? Call Mark Jackson and ask how he defends the 3 in a blow out.

5. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

someone call him a wammmmbulance so he can go cry with john lucas

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Someone has a flair for the dramatic.

7. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

What would you have them do, no shot attempt and 24 second violations the last 3-4 possessions?

8. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Lucas just wanted to score! Even then he failed to do so.

It's so funny how all the Rockets run back on defense after that happened. They weren't having any of that silliness. If only we would hustle back like that at every game...

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Fool hush.

If you've got issues with the Rox and Rox fans then gtfo. Stop trying to appear like "Mr. Impartially high and mighty".

If Canaan was about to jack up a 3 with the seconds running down then you'd be right. He wasn't so you're not right. Just stop making yourself appear foolish and sound dumber with more horrendously inaccurate comparisons.

Kthxbai

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

and you are the authority on what is fine and what isn't in the NBA? :rolleyes:

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

LOL that was my first thought when I saw the clip of Lucas trying to square up.

You beat me to the fighting Irish Leprechaun pic.

:grin::grin::grin:

12. dchoye

dchoye Member

I think we need Garcia and Bev to be our enforcers when the game gets chippy
    McHale has to send them out to protect our scorers when the refs don't make any calls

13. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

what Lucas did wasn't anymore dirty than Beverly on Westbrick. You reap what you sow sometimes.

14. basketballholic

Honestly shooting 3 's early in the shot clock when you're up 40? I don't think I would tolerate that either. But instead of waiting till the clock ran out I think I'd be dishing some very hard on - the ball fouls until I either fouled out or got a fight started. I think I'd simply say something to the guy I was on simply telling him if he chucks a 3 early in the clock I'm gonna hammer him. In that situation the good team has a lot more to lose than the bad one.

15. haydenfisher342

3Rd unit wants to prove themselves. Play some defense for 47 min. Stop making excuses for a professional basketball team.

16. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

I forgive you

17. rocketsrule1995

so JL3 went to my boxing gym this summer and it didnt seem like he learned anything

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Name calling? Oh my!!
    Sorry to upset you.

I'll always cheer for the Rockets while they're in Houston. Will always cheer for whatever Houston team, while they're in Houston. Miss me with "issues with the Rox" (LOF) suggestions. That's the real reason for all these unnecessary arguments.

Do you have an excuse for Bev's foul on Westbrook this season after the whistle?
    You know it was cheap just like every other poster who stopped responding after I mentioned it to them.

It's all good man. Just calling things how I see them. No beef with you or any other true fan. We're are all in this together.
    Go Rockets

19. solodolo

solodolo Member

Yes he did . He mayweather his way out of the fight .

20. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Bev play on Westbrook was not dirty. Prior to that incident, going for a steal right before an expected timeout was a norm. What if Westbrook trotted to the halfcourt line like he was about to call timeout, and he jets to the basket for a layup as the defense goes to the bench relaxed in anticipation of and prior to the actual timeout whistle. Would that be dirty? Plus there was plenty of game left.

What Lucas did was not the norm. Game was out of hand. It would be dirty as well if Canan drove for a dunk as opposed to dribbling out the clock. Just bad form by Lucas.