1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[vid] Canadian Junior Hockey: Vicious Elbow.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by sew, Jan 19, 2010.

1. sew

sew Member

This has been a big story up here in Canada. This kid wore the 'C' as he represented my country just a couple of weeks ago. I'm embarrassed that this kid is Canadian.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aplfhPu4iiU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aplfhPu4iiU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

2. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Animals need be in cages instead of hockey rinks.

3. sammy

sammy Member

Dang. The way his body was moving is disturbing.

4. fmp087

fmp087 Member

So what happened to the guy that threw the elbow.

5. Mr. Brightside

The elbow didn't seem that vicious. It just looked like the other fellow fell in a wrong way.

6. DieHard Rocket

I don't care what sport it is...taking an elbow to somebody's unprotected face, especially at the speed and momentum at which they collided, is viscous.

It may not have been the elbow that directly caused the injury, but it caused the fall. I'm sure the video doesn't do it justice.

7. zoork34

zoork34 Member

are you kidding me? that looked to me to be on par with the viciousness of the kermit washington punch, except if kermit and Rudy T. were both running at each other.

8. sew

sew Member

The dude that threw the elbow has had two prior incidents where he threw an unnecessary elbow to the oppositions head. He has been suspended indefinitely.

http://tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=306706

9. blathersby

blathersby Member

Then you know what? It's not entirely on him anymore. If he's been throwing elbows at heads, he should've been suspended long ago.

It just such a shame that kid will be damaged for life from playing a stupid a** sport like hockey.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

Would it have been better if it happened in a sport like football?

11. sew

sew Member

I agree 100%. The thing is the kid was the captain for our world junior team, and the world juniors is a HUGE deal in Canada. It would have been "inconvenient" for Canadian Hockey had Cormier been suspended for his first offense.

12. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Member

How is that hit not entirely on him? Yeah, maybe he should have been suspended, but that doesn't lessen the severity of what he did.

Hockey doesn't elbow people in the head when they're not looking. PEOPLE elbow people in the head when they're not looking.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

I think he's saying that it's not entirely on him anymore because the governing bodies have had ample opportunities to suspend him or ban him for previous incidents, but they chose to turn a blind eye. If the people in power weren't so hypocritical and impotent when it comes to matters like this, maybe the victim would still be playing.

14. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Member

SMH. What a cheap shot. I hope this kid is banned for life in all leagues. At the very least he should face jail time for assault.

15. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Member

Agreed. This person has violent tendencies that should not be allowed in the arena of sport. Once, maybe you could say he got wrapped up in emotion, lost his head, and should learn a lesson from it. But three times? He should never be allowed on the ice again.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

You mean like molasses in winter, or 10W-30? :confused:

[​IMG]

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

[​IMG]

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i wonder what kind of charges will be filed

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

HAHA, "foolness"... LOL! :grin:

20. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

don't hate hockey/hockey players it's a great sport. i played for many years... it's the kid he would have done stuff like this playing any sport.