1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Victoria's Secret dumping Supermodels for Megan Rapinoe: update Megan gone !

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Jun 19, 2021.

?

What are you for?

1. Supermodel Angels - Jontro

19 vote(s)
    86.4%
  2. Megan Rapinoe - Jaggy

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The regular consumer doesn’t know all the dirt for every company
    Epstein was never on the catwalk

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People buy Jordans because they believe in paying the premium for the image

nobody is buying shoes endorsed by Ben Simmons

your entire brand is built on supermodels now you want to invade Lane Bryant and Hanes’s target audience ?

basic business 101
    @Nook

Slyonebluejay and Nook like this.
  3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

And you are talking about yours lol. We have two children and my wife still manages to stay in outstanding shape. Being a a fat ass is a problem with today's society. If I got to that point I would be ashamed of myself and I hope my wife would **** on me for it. I married her for a variety of reasons so I'm good there.

A huge problem with our society is that it's taught people to be lazy. Way too sensitive. Gyms are back open. Tell the whales to hit that instead of a fast food line. Same as people who let their kids play video games all day. It's ridiculous

Space Ghost likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think a huge problem with our society is judgy insecure people personally. IDGAF about some stranger's weight, if they're happy with their life, good for them.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

King1 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rapinoe does not cover for most of the male demographic.

She got a cool vibe tho.

7. King1

I think the bigger problem is not teaching people to be healthy. Has nothing to do with being insecure whatsoever. It's not a hard thing to do to eat fairly decently and at least walk a few times a week if that's all they are inclined to do. Unless someone has a metabolism issue they choose to be fat. That's gross

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Ok. Yeah. Tell that women, that is what VS is doing and they are failing miserably.

malakas likes this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Jordan's are not judging a women's body type. You are comparing Apples and Oranges. Building your Brand on Supermodels in today's society is setting yourself up for Failure. That is what's happening to VS. Most women will not look like Supermodels. Having Healthy women with a variety of Body types (Mom, Athletes, Business Women, etc...) expands your appeal.

malakas likes this.
  10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Uhh it's one thing to obsess over an individuals weight however when over half our country has weight issues, that is a problem. It's not healthy to be fat. Wide spread apathy is a disease, even if they are "happy"

11. King1

And they will still fail miserably with this. If the fatties wanted to buy their lingerie they could have already done it without this awful marketing idea.

Like I said the only reason this is happening is because they are losing money and can't sell the company.

12. King1

Exactly

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I think you mean Gen Z. It's not 40+ crowd shopping VS.

King1 likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

Noone cares what men think. Women buy their own underwear.
    You dont like it? Too bad noone gives a fck.

LMAO @ the creep in this thread telling us how we should look and do. GTFO.

Deuce, Nook, JayGoogle and 2 others like this.
  15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You seem to think because they don't shop at VS they are "fatties". VS has catered to women size 0-6. That is the problem. You can be a size 8-12 and not be a "fatty". There are a helluva lot more women above size 6 than below. That is VS's problem. You are limiting your market so much, especially when there is competition. 68% of women in the US are 14 and above dress size. There many Athletes who won't fit in VS's ideal image because their bodies are too fit and muscular...I guess they are "fatties" too?

JayGoogle and malakas like this.
  16. King1

I'd bet a large sum of money that you're single and fairly large. I didn't tell you how you should look. I told you fat people should get in shape. I hold myself to a high standard so I have no problem holding others to the same.

Sorry that hurts your feelings but you should be more concerned about your personal health

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Why is having one of the most fit top athletes in the world model underwear a controversy? Also lots of dudes think hot lesbians are hot. This in no way is a stupid decision whether you are trying to appeal to your actual target market (real women) or pervy men who wank it to the catalog.

OP continues to be the weirdest poster on clutch fans who isn’t nearly as cute as he thinks he is.
    Another thread where the question only elicits one response: who gives a ****?

18. King1

Just like in every other forum you post in you're wrong. Hot women sell. That's a fact. Sex sells isn't just a saying because they feel like it. COVID hit and a large portion of our society doesn't have the money to spend on sexy lingerie (especially with other options). The fatties that they are attempting to cater to should get a gym membership instead of a bra and panties set. That's the truth. Your athlete comparison is absolutely absurd. If you're a professional athlete you obviously carry a different muscle mass. I'm guessing you don't work out at all

19. malakas

malakas Member

LMAOOO I was 100% expecting you to try to fat shame me.
    Because to not be a misoynistic swallow person must mean you a fat ass.

I hold myself to a high standard too so I have no problem holding others to the same.
    Swallow people who judge others on appearance are POS.

Unfortunately what to do?
    There is no gym or diet to fix you.
    It is a terminal condition. :(

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

two pages of discussion and going strong.

King1 likes this.