1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Victor Wembanyama tank thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lunareste, Oct 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He looks so happy also. This role of tank commander really suits him. I can imagine a lot of other coaches getting into stretches of depression. Silas has that cute "I'm just happy to be here" face. Kinda wholesome in a way.

REEKO_HTOWN, cheke64, Yung-T and 6 others like this.
  2. Futron

Futron Member

4D Chess moves :eek:

3. Futron

Futron Member

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    Our future top pick franchise player that is supposed to strike fear in our opponents hearts.

We're screwed :(

Salvy likes this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

I used to have a teacher like him in high school, same exact demeanor. Chill teacher, he was a Bulls fan so we would always talk basketball... Even looked like him, I liked his class... Because I didn't have to worry about $hit for the whole period. I could pretty much just talk and clown around with my friends with no consequence. I didn't learn anything in that class. The teacher had no authority and the only reason the students liked him was because they could pretty much do whatever they wanted.

Same thing is happening with The Rockets right now, every single player is doing what ever the hell they want. Players may like him but that does not mean they are benefitting from him.

I understand Rockets are tanking again but at some point the tank is redundant if there is no development and accountability. Silas at some point has to go home and think "Am I the right guy for this job?" but his actions don't show it. This man has the swag of a veteran coach that stays calms because he knows the system will eventually work but here it never does.... I can't think of a worst coach right now for these young kids.

Shark44, clos4life, King1 and 2 others like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope, Littlefoot was the alpha among his kid gang.

I recently had to watch those again and he seemed like a problem solver in that series.

Spike was the dumb one....

6. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Latest Rockets Wemby odds is 23%.

Rockets did their job to stay at 14%. Nets dropped to 9%. Steve Nash needs to glue Ben Simmons to the starting 5 units to keep it up!

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut and clos4life like this.
  7. Futron

Futron Member

Call me optimistic, but I think Rockets will continue to be bad long enough for to at least be 5th worst team an I think the Nets will implode by All- Star break.
    Basically other than Rockets getting the worst record again, I think all the best possible odds will be in the Rockets favor this draft

Yung-T likes this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Maybe these kids are just that bad .... maybe they blew the picks.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Silas & co can teach these kids till the cows come home, doesn't mean they hear or comprehend any of it.

I know none of us want to believe that ... but it's quite possible.

snowconeman22 and txtodd like this.
  9. Salvy

Salvy Member

These kids have shown a very high level of talent everywhere they have played, Green went directly to the G-League and almost went number 1. Has shown to be a great scorer with elite athleticism and scoring ability in The NBA... Jabari Smith also showed tons of promise in college to the point where everyone had him going 1st in the draft. Has not even played 10 games in the NBA but has already shown flashes of great 3point shooting and defense. As advertised. Sengun was an MVP in the Turkish league at the age of 18-19? The man was the best player in that league which just so happens to be one of the best in the world. And immediately showed great footwork and impact in The NBA... Some believe the offense should run though him more often for a reason.

All these guys were fantastic picks, none of them were risks. If I told you these picks were struggling to play coherent and team basketball would you blame it on their skillset or the rookie coach with a record of 38-124? If I told you these picks were struggling from 3 without ever playing a season and a half of professional basketball would you say they are busts or just simply still learning to play at the highest lvl against the best in world?

If I told you The Rockets lacked leadership on the court because they don't have a true point guard would you blame the other 4 guys for not getting their shots off without having to make some miraculous 1v1 play every time?

Not a single thing that has happened within the past year points towards that the picks were blown and they are busts. However, the likely answer is that The Rockets look bad because they are young and poorly coached. I can tell you right now not a single good coach would play KPJ at the point. They would take advantage of his strengths instead exploiting his weaknesses in hopes that he "gets better".

nolimitnp, xtruroyaltyx, xaos and 3 others like this.
  10. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Nets will only get better now but I still want to believe damn it!

[​IMG]

11. TimDuncanDonaut

Imagine if Pelicans ends up getting Wemby from the Laker's swap. :eek::eek:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Lakers and Magic are the main teams to worry about, i would be pissed if magic get another #1 pick.

maj21 likes this.
  13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I feel like the NBA is going to gift the Spurs the #1 pick.

Dacamel, Denovo and thedreamsteam like this.
  14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

And the Rockets will get punished for sucking so hard :eek::(

15. MystikArkitect

"History of Bigs"

Skilled foreign 7 footer of African descent? It's in the cards.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He lacks self respect.

Nobody evaluates assistants so there could be things people didn't know about him when he was an assistant.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pelicans have unprotected swap rights with the Lakers.

heypartner likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...-victor-wembanyamas-games-can-now-be-watched/

1. Houston Rockets: Ah, our beloved constant. Even as the entire league landscape has been flipped upside down, we can count on the Rockets to lose basketball games. They've had the NBA's worst record in each of the past two seasons and they have the NBA's fewest wins thus far this season, having won just a single game. They were the NBA's scariest team on Halloween when they managed to play an entire game in which none of their starters reached 15 points. No matter how much everyone else is improving, the Rockets provide sorely needed stability at the bottom of the standings.

Caesar, KingSamJack, ashleyem and 2 others like this.
  19. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

This is what happens when you don't have a franchise player

20. xaos

xaos Member

Who do you have on your list of franchise guys that could eventually lead a team to a ring ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.