1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Victor Wembanyama tank thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lunareste, Oct 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OremLK

OremLK Member

What is the point in spamming this? What is the upside for you? Just to gloat in the 86% chance that you're right? Nobody is gonna be impressed that you said something wouldn't happen which was already unlikely to happen.

On the other hand, in the 14% event that you're wrong, you're going to look real silly.

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I bet you money pop signed on to make this guy be a spur. Spurs will get #1 pick, and then sign bunch of role players around him and be the next power house. Only hope is that Houston is right behind them once this team comes around in next 4-5 years down the road. Dallas will probably already lost Luka by then, and be starting there rebuild.

arabrocket likes this.
  3. Ancient Moabite

What pick did the Rockets come away with, I must have missed the draft?

Who got the number 1 pick, Spurs/Hornets/Pistons/Magic?

OremLK and couple of d's like this.
  4. jayfree

jayfree Member

Here's how it'll break down if the Rockets don't get the #1 pick:

#1 Pistons get it as they are the worst team and it's bound to happen.

#2 Spurs get it while being the 2nd worst team. Rockets had a chance but they couldn't stop themselves from winning a few games and passing up the Spurs in the win column.

#3 Spurs get it while being the 3rd worst team and all eyes point to the Spurs would have gotten it anyhow no matter where they landed (Under the table agreement).

#4 Both Lakers and Pelicans miss the playoffs and one of them lands the top spot. Thus giving it to the Pelicans on a pick swap. (Monkey Wrench)

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

If there is any chance that the Spurs get the first pick, The Rockets should prepare to take them to the Supreme Court;
    Tony Parker and the NBA and The Spurs Coach might have made an underhand deal .Y
    I do hope the Rockets are the winner of 1st place,Y

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The case would be almost as convincing as the allegation that the election was rigged. :D

Ancient Moabite and OremLK like this.
  7. xaos

xaos Member

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

The putback was sick and all but I'm just mesmerized that a guy that tall can handle the ball and step back into a clean-looking shooting motion like that. I can see what they mean when they talk about 7'4" KD

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He's KD in the fact he can step back and shoot the ball fluidly, but he's been horrible from 3 - and that's the FIBA 3. So that part of KD's game, he's still going to have to figure out. It's like they promote the one or two shots he hits and make it seem like he's doing that kind of stuff every day.

He's still a freak of nature, but if he ever is actually able to hit the 3 at his height and elevation while being able to dribble, he would be the definition of unguardable. Right now, teams are just going to give him the three point shot all day since he hasn't proven he can hit it.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

The promising thing is his FT% improved a lot from last year to this year and is now very good. His shooting motion also looks fine to me, as fine as it can when you're that long. I think there's plenty of reason to think he can start to knock down 3s in the future. Of course, there's no guarantee, but there are good signs pointing in that direction.

11. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

Just insane. The no defense NBA will be a cake walk for him.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Dude should not be allowed in the NBA. Too much of an advantage for any team. “Basketball reasons”

Little Bit likes this.
  14. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Exactly my thoughts. I envisioned this going into the season once they declared they would be tanking.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Our final game against the Hornets and Wizards scare me. I think we might win.

16. Ancient Moabite

Scare you how? Didn't they already secure bottom 3 record?

Fulgore likes this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

They'll either be #2 or #3.

#2 can pick 1-6

#3 can pick 1-7.

Winning isn't good for the bottom line.

Some don't think it makes much difference between 5-6-7 .... but there's a considerable difference between quality of prospects there.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Depends on the draft class in question. In this one I don't think there's a clear separation at that level. Good prospects 5-7 but it's hard to determine which one is the best.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think there is pretty clear separation and even if there isn't, wouldn't you prefer to make the decision yourself rather than being left what what's left, much like last year when we were left with Jabari @ 3 being the last of the top 3 prospects - Orlando & OKC made that decision for us.
    Same will be the case if we pick 7th and there are a group of closely ranked prospects of which we would get the leftovers. I'd much prefer to make the decision myself - Jarace? Cam? Amen? Ausar? Black?

No sense opening the door to picking lower ..... not after all this sucking. Finish the job. Don't **** it up like the Texans did.

Hell picking outside the top 3 is .... ugh.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

I mean, at this point the order of the bottom 3 is almost locked in regardless. No way we have the worst record at this point with Detroit 2.5 games behind us in the standings. Do you really see them going 3-1 against the Heat, Nets, Pacers, and Bulls with three of those teams fighting hard with high stakes right around the play-in level?

It's still possible we could end up ahead of the Spurs. But we're 1.5 games back now, so that still seems pretty unlikely.

I've pretty much made peace with us picking #6 if we get a bad roll of the dice. Hope it won't happen, but it is what it is.

Ancient Moabite and Easy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.