1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Victor Wembanyama tank thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lunareste, Oct 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MystikArkitect

I'm almost positive there is people within the Pistons organization looking at Jalen and Cade right now and saying "I told you so". Lots of leaks came out at the time that Jalen's workouts were much more impressive than Cade's to the point where people within the organization were split. It's still early but Cade just looks middling. He's like Banchero except without the size or craftiness. I didn't see it then and I really dont see it now. You obviously don't move on from him but I'd imagine that at least some folk would be willing to move on from him for the right deal.

If they get #2 do they trade one of Cade/Ivey for #1? Let's say the Rockets got the #1 pick. I think they specfiically take Wemby and don't think much about it. But lets say OKC gets the #1 pick? They already have Chet. Do you trade the #1 pick to Detroit for Cade/Ivey and their pick? Or if the Rockets have the #1 pick, do you trade it to OKC for Chet + their own pick? Imagine a lineup of Chet/Jabari/Tari/Jalen/Thompson or Nick Smith. In the right hands that would be an unstoppable defensive force plus two bigs that can snipe from 3 and two elite level penetrators that don't have the court awareness of a baby chicken.

Corrosion, Y2JT and xaos like this.
  2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Been this way forever.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Nice, the Rockets will go 33-44 the rest of the way!

I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery than that. I also haven't played the lottery I don't think everrrr

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don't think a single GM would trade out from the first pick. No one has the b@lls to do that.

Also the Thunder picks owed are starting to dwindle down a bit. They are owed a log but many are protected. The best they have coming could be from the sixers in a few years. The Rockets could still give them something from say 8-12 maybe but i do not think the rockets will unless injured.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a front loaded, tough schedule...and we don't have Alperen in there. For that matter, Bruno's been out too. We already had next to nothing inside. It'll get better as the year goes on, likely beating up on the true bottom dwellers this year...scoring a lot of points in the process, I think. That offense will get much better as the year goes on. Won't be just developmental. Again, Sengun is a guy that's going to have a ton of offense run through him. As he grows and matures, we'll be able to run our system. But, yes...I see us in the low thirties, if healthy. And, this from someone who see's the benefit of high picks. We'll see how it plays out, but while half our team IS 21 or less, there's a lot of talent...that translates now.

peleincubus likes this.
  6. Rokman

Rokman Member

Everyone jump on the Wagon! The Rockets are Well on there Way to Wembytown.

Caesar and Hakeemtheking like this.
  7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Don't forget, guys... we are not taking alone! Nets appear to be taking with us!

8. Raven

Raven Member

Any team with the number one pick is going to draft Wemby. They simply can't risk doing anything else. It would be a public relations disaster from hell. Personally, I have serious concerns about his ability to stay healthy. I have the same concerns about Chet. I do worry about Wemby going to a conference rival.

9. xaos

xaos Member

Agreed. I don't see it either, but I also could see some of the most insane offers being thrown around for the first pick as well. Offers that will make you go "hmmmmm".

Personally I think Wemby really is the best prospect (prospect -- predraft) since Lebron. These kinds of prospects don't come around often. Any package would need to be historic. Personally I wouldn't take any package OKC has to offer outside of the #2 pick + a boatload of other assets (I'd still probably decline without a third team) even though I could see them desperately throwing the kitchen sink for the #1 pick.

Yung-T likes this.
  10. xaos

xaos Member

Haha yup and out of all of the "surprise" teams in the bottom, Nets are the team most likely to continue to implode. Lakers will make a trade to move into playoff contention. No way Embiid and Harden miss the playoffs.

The dream scenario for us is we win more games than we expected because our bright young team overachieves while Nets implode their way to the #1 pick. Low chance of happening but fun to dream about

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It is fun to think of the possibility of trading the 1 for 2 plus assets. Scoot Green Jabari Sengun Eason TyTy Garuba Chirstopher Nets assets, assets from trading down. Hard to see how you screw that up.

xaos likes this.
  12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Bring in urquidy

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Come on dusty!!!!!!!!

14. Rolliepollie

Rolliepollie Member

15. Denovo

Denovo Member

After getting my hopes up for Cade and Banchero I just can’t get hype for Wemby.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Another loss. Rockets has the best odds for Wemby right now at 21.5%! Rockets pick + Nets pick!

[​IMG]

17. maj21

maj21 Member

I’m really locked on this right now. I know y’all don’t wanna hear this, but we DO NOT have a franchise player on this roster. Idk why people ever thought Jalen would be the next Kobe or a top 5 player. It’s not happening!! We need a superstar on this team and Wemby has a chance to be that guy.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rfrr
    That bird nest on top looks like Alperen's.

19. maj21

maj21 Member

Yep, both of em should’ve been rockets, especially Banchero. F the magic!!

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you gonna root for tank even when we get wemby...loser in your heart it seems...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.