1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Victor Wembanyama tank thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lunareste, Oct 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landry's Tooth

I like the idea of a tournament of all non playoff teams to determine draft position.

Gives an incentive for teams to not shut guys down and incentivizes incremental improvements because on average the top teams not making the playoffs will get top picks to put them over the top.

Give a bye to the first round for the best teams as further incentive...

Play tournament in a non nba market like Kansas City, Seattle, Mexico City, etc. Each year.

Y2JT likes this.
  2. Landry's Tooth

Ok, we see victor guarding in space. How did Scoot do when Victor posted up on him?

See my point?

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

4. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

The problem that would cause some teams to be perpetually bad. They wouldn't do well in the tournament and never get decent draft position.

That's why I think it there should be a bonus based on improvement year to year. Bad teams would still be able to get better via the draft but wouldn't be able to tank. If the bonus is high enough for the top 2 most improved teams then the percentages you get from tanking would be no incentive at all so at most a team would tank for 1 year.

5. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Dude stop! Wemby is undeniably the greatest prospect since LeBron, maybe the greatest prospect ever! Scoot happens to also be very very good so yeah he made some shots on him. That doesn’t take away from the ability/potential of Wemby!

topfive likes this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Don't worry he will reply to me soon to let me know the path the rockets should take. Instead of crapping every poster's opinion here and practically every player currently on the team and all the draftees.

@hakeem94
    @hakeem94
    @hakeem94

I am ready!

JusBleezy, Corrosion and JMAD21 like this.
  7. Landry's Tooth

There's still cap space and not all stars go top 10. The solution is get better scouting.

And there are perpetually bad teams as it is...

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Build around and play through Sengun. We can find guys in the 30s and 40s to build around Sengun. They will be just as good or better as the guys you draft in the top 5. This is why tanking never works lololol. With Sengun’s smarts, he should also have input, if not choose, the next head coach. If you can see the proper vision and properly build around Sengun, we can go to new heights, surpassing what Hakeem did. In fact, Sengun is already better than Hakeem. He just hasn’t had the opportunity to showcase it because of the coach. Trust Sengun. Build around him. You won’t be disappointed. Or you can keep tanking while Sengun leads his next/new team to multiple championships.

—HakeeMaxofLovePlanet94

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe a compromise that if you tanked before you wouldn't get a Top 4 pick otherwise you are guaranteed a 2nd or 3rd pick for one year.

Hopefully avoiding consecutive tanking but tanking once in a while.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lololol.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

hakeem94's plan is to play five Senguns for 48 minutes per game. He's the best PG, best SG, best SF, best PF, and of course best C. He can beat any super team because he's a super team all by himself. The draft is nothing because anyone you draft at the top will be trash.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why draft? Play AAU bball.

13. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

It really is peak absurdity. I think some people around here eat paint chips.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

It's Wemby or bust.

My body is ready

topfive and Verbal Christ like this.
  15. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Will go through 9 different religions on lottery day.

BelgianRocketsFan and topfive like this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You believe the FDAs lies about not eating lead paint? Wake up sheeple.

- Hakeem 94

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Misusing the name Hakeem, Dream is one of the most balanced people nowadays.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Putting all the antivax wackos on ignore 3 years ago had the unexpected benefit of cleaning up unrelated portions of the bbs viewing experience

topfive and Corrosion like this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Unless he can’t see my posts he is refusing to respond. I asked him what the rockets should do. Simple enough.

He volume posts constantly about what they are doing wrong, what they shouldn’t do, and what posters think they should maybe do is wrong. Then can not give me a single post on what I asked.

odd to say the least.

Easy and Corrosion like this.
  20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I think about getting Wemby every day. I don't know how I am going to handle these next 2+ months. I'm gonna gray faster than Tim Allen in The Santa Clause stressing over this!

Silver needs to do the right thing! No one deserves Wemby more than Rockets fans. You can't put this mega star in ****ing Charlotte! You want to bring France to the NBA like never before, make sure Houston's name gets called last on May 15th!

Not to mention....
    Harden
    Green
    KJ
    Smith
    Wemby
    Sengun
    sign some vets... instant playoff team, maybe more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.