1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Victor Wembanyama tank thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lunareste, Oct 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maj21

maj21 Member

Worst record 2 years in a row which led to us missing out on Cade and Banchero. All will be forgiven if we land the number pick this upcoming draft lol

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

I do worry about the NBA rigging this for SA. You may say the Spurs at their best resulted in some of the lowest watched Finals series of all time. No one wanted to watch the Spurs, but that was a league wide issue post Malice at the Palace and Tim Duncan just wasn't a big draw.

Why would the NBA want the next face of the league there? Look at the population growth since the pandemic. #1-Phoenix. Suddenly jumped from play in team to instant Finals contender over night. Next two cities? San Antonio and Austin which is a default Spurs city basically. The market has grown tons since the pandemic and placing the next massive superstar in a winning culture with a massively growing population=good bidness for the NBA.

The next option is Detroit. A once great city on a comeback with a blossoming downtown. Cade + their recent picks looking like perfect fits with Wemby.

Then there's Houston. Major media from NYC. Adam Silver/Stern true born and raised Knicks fans were there in person to see their beloved Knicks lose to the Rockets in 94. We are still paying for that and the Stros have only made the hate for Houston grow in NY.

Then there's Orlando. Houston's weather in Florida. **** town who somehow manages to get #1 picks more than anyone outside of Cleveland's rigged reward for LeBron leaving(while we drop in lottery for Harden leaving). Well, they're a development team for the Lakers and Disney owns ESPN and ABC.

Scoot is a nice consolation prize. Russian Roulette and a bottle tequila if we drop beyond #2. Hello darkness my old friend.

Plowman, Hakeemtheking and Shark44 like this.
  3. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Rockets and Nets lost. Magic won. Rockets' Wemby odds improves to 26.5%! Rockets pick + Nets pick.

[​IMG]

4. TimDuncanDonaut

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Wemby would be used here as if he is Capela lol. Tank tank tank non stop.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

MFer said Clint Capela!

[​IMG]

Believe It! and Caesar like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No fking way. Bad take
    Wemby is wayyy too talented to be that type of center.

If wemby comes to us and is as god like as advertised. Sengun gonna get demoted to the bench.

Literally every tanking team is aiming for him.

Hopefully sengun develops a 3 pt range, it would make the sting less painful if we missed out on wemby.

maj21 likes this.
  11. i3artow i3aller

12. maj21

maj21 Member

Would did you expect? He’s a Sengun only fan lol

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

Bari better give T-Macs # to Wemby.

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

[​IMG]

red5rocket, Yung-T, burlesk and 2 others like this.
  15. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

This is just ridiculous! A Curry-like cross over dribble way beyond the three point line and into a Dirkesque one-legged pull up three pointer!:eek:

red5rocket, Bo6, Yung-T and 3 others like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yung-T and i3artow i3aller like this.
  18. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I saw it as a knock on Silas, I think you may be under rating Silas' ability to completely screw everything up.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's more on the pg more than anything. Wemby gets the ball he's gonna score

20. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

We don't really have a point guard currently lol, thats what I mean in a sense about setting somone up to succeed. I wouldn't underestimate a coach or orgs ability to screw things up, we were fortunate to be on the other end of a Harden trade from OKC that didnt understand how to utilize him or maximize his abilities, and that was arguably a much better organization than what the Rockets are now. I wouldn't bank on even the best generational athlete to do anything without the right pieces around him, chances are there are some changes made if we land Wemby though. This team now has talent in my eyes, but we are not setting them up to succeed as an org.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.