1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Victor Oladipo still in play as Knicks weigh possible trade deadline move

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Mar 6, 2021.

?

Trade him to the Knicks?

1. Yes

134 vote(s)
    97.1%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

No to Frank. We don’t need to brink in anymore guards. We’re already overpopulated with guards on our roster. I’ll do Mitchell Robinson and a first

D-rock likes this.
  2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At the risk of opening up an old wound....

Similar situation when Goran ended up getting traded to Miami.
    I see these two when healthy as being very close in talent/contract situation.

Dragic yielded two #1's....

Assuming the Knicks are being used to drive the price...
    Either way, we're close.

D-rock likes this.
  3. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

This is a no brainer, Oladipo has been awful and we need the rotation spot for a prospect.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lakers will take Oladipo

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Perfect! We don't want positive contributions until next year!

Patience, D-rock and mac_got_this like this.
  6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Every vet wants to win. Boogie started to get some of his legs back, and knew he couldn't afford to waste his health on a struggling team, with a struggling coach and mgmt. He can provide some security to a team with his size, but the post game is not coming back this year. He's got some good Brook Lopez vibes right now. Wish him well.

Silas is not to blame, but there is some disappointment about the growing losing streak and adjustments. Obviously.
    But, then again, nothing is worse than Kevin "Spirit Fingers" McHale pretending to coach.

The Vic/Ego chat is there, but also know that PJ is on the wish list of every contender. I'm hearing that the Rockets will likely do him a solid, as they should.

Ego will be moved, but not necessarily with the same "respect" PJ warrants. House is thought of in a package...not much interest. BennyMac has some interest as well for teams looking for some shooting.

JW is appreciated and loves Htown. But same thing...the chatter is about not wasting good, healthy years as a vet on a team that has little direction for now.

Tuck has been talked about with Denver quite a bit to improve their depth and strength to help with Joker, but also with Philly. (DM likes "his guys"..even DH).

I hope Wood heals up, but there is no rush. Hit the weights and strengthen the legs before anything.

What a season...or What Season?

Wish you well.

Cod

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thanks Cod

8. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

I’m down with trading Tucker but I’m done with this “doing him a solid “attitude. We need to get some return value, preferably draft picks, and not just give players away for free. If your building for the future you need draft picks.

9. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Good to hear from you Cod. Do you get the sense that with Gordon and Wall Houston would be happy dealing them just to get off their big contracts? Lets say Miami offers their expirings for one of them straight up (Olynk, Myers, Iggy), is Houston gonna take the offer to shed salary or are they comfortable waiting until they get assets back?

D-rock likes this.
  10. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I imagine what he means is they will line up deals with contenders and let PJ choose. Not buy him out

11. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

But what will they give?

12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

If Tilman gets wind of an opportunity to salary dump Wall I’m pretty sure he’ll overpower Stone o. That decision. Hence I doubt Stone reports everything back to the owner, he was around for what happened to Morey with the Westbrook cp3 trade.

mow as always wonder how in loved Tilman so on these trades. Like is he listening to the conversation between the gm’s?

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Good to hear from you.

Any names the Rockets are after other than MPJ (I'm 100% they love him).

D-rock likes this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

thanks Cod. Hope u are healthy and safe. Nice to know that there is legit interest in Gordon and that PJ will net us some sort of return. I figured House and Ben MAC would have throw-in value as part of a package to a contender as well; after all, everyone can use shooters. Hope something happens soon.

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I definitely think he should be traded. It's hard to answer the question as presented, though, because I have no idea if there are other teams making offers for his services and what any of the offers are. I would think the Heat would be the team we could get the best package from because they'd be the most confident he'll sign long term there (if they actually want him). So definitely trade him. If the Knicks are the best option then trade him to the Knicks. If anybody is offering more trade him there.

D-rock likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Need @foggy94 to be the point on Dipo trade.

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You starting a thread that involves the Knicks just doesn’t sound pure enough for me

Rudyc281, coachbadlee and D-rock like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Oh it's pure alright.

Pure bullshet.

Rudyc281, coachbadlee and Roc Paint like this.
  19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

lol

D-rock likes this.
  20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He's a great 3rd option. No way he's worth a supermax or a max. 20 something mill is right where his check should stay at.

D-rock, Rudyc281 and coachbadlee like this.