1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[VICE] What's really annoying about the Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I'm just baffled by the press about the Rockets these days. Every single reason they cite as being annoying could just as easily be called endearing. Everything is just semantics. Also, they're just wrong on a lot of it as well.

I think the reasons for this are actually the following:
    1) The LA Laker, ESPN, Dwight Howard debacle - ESPN has a big influence on sports journalism and is capable (like Fox News) of repeating things until they become reality. If it doesn't fit their reality, they bend reality to fit their message, and their message is that the Rockets are evil.
    2) Many sports journalists are just clickbait these days and will type anything they think will get attention. The #1 example of this are the constant lists that are designed to incite obvious angry replies.... like the "Top 10 Centers of All Time" that list Hakeem as #10. They don't think that, but putting him there guarantees attention and the standard Facebook "outrage" posts. Anyway, I'm saying sports journalists = ambulance chasing attorneys.
    3) These guys have been doing things one way for a long time, and when someone challenges those standards, they have to stop and think of new cliches. This makes their itty-bitty bwains hurt, and they lash out in anger.

2. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Our system is three pointers and dunks, how have we been labeled as hard to watch? I don't get it.

3. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

right? The dude freaks out of Mo Williams of all people. Not letting Parsons go, or missing out on Kawhi, or not keeping dragic etc etc but Mo freaking Williams lol.

4. photojoe

photojoe Member

Reading this article feels an awful lot like watching those Youtube videos of that guy screaming and yelling incoherent nonsense after we beat the Mavs twice this season.

5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Looks kinda like me lol :grin:

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Complains when he doesn't tinker by bringing in the savior Mo. Then criticizes him for tinkering too much.

Sounds about right.

Undervalues the PG position? Why did he even bother with Lowry, Dragic, Bev or anyone else ever?

And who doesn't want to get star players? The Lakers and Knicks had plans for star players and they failed and look at them now. The Rockets make plans for star players and sometimes miss and look where we are at. Big difference when you have backup plans and someone who knows what they are doing.

You act as if you are a part of the operation with all the facts at your disposal to prove things that you clearly can't have. You don't know what trades have been discussed, what offers are out there and everything else that goes into these things, yet you act as if you were there pleading with Morey to do something that was available and he decided not to. You just don't know.

7. raining threes

What's the Rockets record? I would say Morey has done a very good job this yr, especially after plan A (Bosh/Parsons) fell thru.

Good news is although Morey didn't make the Williams trade that you wanted so badly, odds are he will make a trade to upgrade the team before the deadline.

8. tzou88

tzou88 Member

What kind of mongoloid website is this?

9. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

thats silly. everyone can see we need a PG. there's nothing there to mess up by bringing in a proven veteran.

I go by what I see. I dont really care about all the ways Morey keeps himself busy with calls and meetings and whatnot. Bottom line, he's not getting the job done when it comes to building a complete team.

and honestly you really think he values the PG position? That why he got rid of Lowry after a half decent season from Gorgi? That why he wouldn't re-sign Gorgi over a stinking year? and how does he value the PG position when our starter is one of the worst players at his position? We play 4 on 5 every night on the offensive end, and on the defensive end sometimes as well. That's the truth man, you wanna keep believing in him, that's cool.

Here's another truth, the trade deadline will come and go without Morey doing anything to upgrade the PG position. We will go into April with Harden as the PG again and playing 40+ minutes if he's able to stay healthy.

10. hotballa

that's probably more truthful.

11. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I love how you either dont understand the context of all of those moves or are choose to ignore it to help your narrative. He has failed in building complete team? We have a great record and are more relevant than we have been in a while. This is what i mean when i say you have unreasonable expectations and are coming from a position ignorance.

12. hotballa

and we won 54 games last year, so what? we ran Harden to the ground to get that record.

13. newAge_Rockets

Everything's a foul.

14. newAge_Rockets

Wrong thread

15. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

VICE is an appropriately named source of garbage. if you rummage through that bin you're going to end up with foul smelling hands. this guy gives consciousness a bad name

16. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Mark Cuban, is that you? Welcome to the CF forum.

17. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

LOL at "no strong post-up threat" without Howard

18. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

They hate us cuz they anus

19. mockster

mockster Member

No they hate us cuz they anus*

20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Hehe I liked it! I don't agree with him obviously but I thought it was a funny, well-written article.

The one I truly detest is Andrew Sharp, who used to work for SB Nation and now works for Grantland. Unlike this guy from Vice (Redford), Sharp isn't funny at all. He's just a whiny hater who can't write for ****. He probably gets a good amount of views, though, which is why Simmons got him, I guess.

Sharp is like one of those new "hardcore" comedians who say really terrible things and make jokes about highly sensitive topics to seem edgy. He's just as unfunny as they are. I hope I never have to see his articles or contributions to the shootaround piece on Grantland ever again. That's unlikely, though.