1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VH1's List of Best Songs of Past 25 Years

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The Real Shady, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Any list that would have Eminem 4th and "Walk This Way" 6th deserves no discussion.

The best thing to do would be to ignore this list.

2. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

in my opinion there should have been a Creed song and at least 1 Hootie & the Blowfish. now before you start bashing them, they had some very good songs, they sold 16 million copies on a record.

3. reallyBaked

reallyBaked Member

nuttin wrong with hootie man!

but Creed? now ya got my doubting your intelligence :p

4. mfclark

mfclark Member

Seems to me that they only took the first of those three things into consideration. Sure, some of the songs belong on there....but a lot of them have no business being on the list at all.

5. JPM0016

why don't you like creed? i don't see what's wrong with their music. I like, Higher, With Arms Wide Open, My Sacrifice, One Last Breath, One, My Own Prison. To me it's just good music.

just so you know, they came out with a new cd back in March, pretty good, it's self titled

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

HANSON - MMMBOP??!??!?!

You gotta be kidding me. I feel like less of a man by just typing that song's name.

With this list they may as well just include Alvin & the Chipmunks, "Oooo, eeee, oooo ah ah, walla walla bing-bang"?!?!?!?!

#26 bigtexxx, Jun 11, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2003
  7. reallyBaked

reallyBaked Member

I started out really liking Creed after their 1st album came out..that was a good CD..then the 2nd one came out..and Scott Sapp starting getting more and more and more over dramatic in his videos and songs..then I saw them in concert, in 2001. That was the most over-dramatic fluff I've ever seen, like a male version of Celene Dion. Bascially, I havent liked any of their songs since the 1st CD.

not too mention that radio over plays the hell outta them

I remember hearing bout that, but never got round to d/l any of it, good idea, I will find and d/l tonight :)

8. reallyBaked

reallyBaked Member

ok i just looked over the list again and about passed the F* out when I saw this..

81. OutKast, "Ms. Jackson"

Im speechless, nothing more needs to be said bout this list..that right there says it all, and what it sayz aint good:eek:

9. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Thats about right for Eminem. Maybe a little bit lower. But not much. It gets me pumped up to take a test or before a pickup basketball game. . . awsome song
    Now this is a annoying rap song

81. OutKast, "Ms. Jackson"

10. JPM0016

there 1st single was called "Innocence" probably one of the 5 best songs they've ever done but of course no one really knows because radio didn't really play them, at least the top 40 stations like krbe.

Overall this list sucks.... a lot of these songs are just way out of order and others don't belong like Ms. Jackson

11. JPM0016

i think Lose Yourself is one of Eminem's best.

The Way I Am
    Lose Yourself

both of those would be a close #1.

12. reallyBaked

reallyBaked Member

that dont matter that radio dont play it, most of the music I love and listen to the most, you almost never hear on the radio.

but dude, you've got to stop listening to KRBE, that s* will rot your brain!

thanks for the info though :)

13. JPM0016

oh, i don't listen to krbe, i can't stand it... i listen to 94.5, 101, 96.5, and a few others krbe i skim through and every once in a while they play something good

14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

anyone who would not have an eminem, britney, or backstreet song on this list to me is someone who is simply ignoring the history of music over the last 25 years (especially if you are going by vh1's criteria).

15. JPM0016

i agree with you francis4prez... what i don't like seeing is Ms. Jackson on there when there are better songs. Creed, Hootie & the Blowfish are a few i have mentioned.

16. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

It took you until #81 to be appalled? Try #4.

BTW, Maze has about 3 albums worth of songs better than half the crap on that list.

17. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Yeah, I for one know I'll be playin Hit Me Baby One More Time for the next decade.

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I'm a huge Eminem fan, just look at my name, but "Lose Yourself" being the 4th best song in the last 25 years is a joke. I'll put it in the top 100 though.

I think you're really ignoring the history of music in the last 25 years to think that Britney Spears and Backstreat Boys should be on this list. Their songs will not stand the test of time and are only popular now. If you think differently then why don't the New Kids on the Block, Debbie Gibson, or the Spice Girls have songs on this list.

This list was put together with not much thought put into it IMO.

19. JPM0016

i'll just throw out some songs that were very successful during their time that should be on the list somewhere.

With Arms Wide Open or Higher
    Hold My Hand or Only Wanna Be With You
    Semi Charmed Life
    Hanging By a Moment
    Californication

20. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Excellent songs.