1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Veteran leadership targets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by futilman, Aug 2, 2021.

1. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I like Kelly Olynyk... now I made my self sad

If we sign Andre Drummond over Olynyk... it gets back to what the hell is going on....

Also if KO signs with DET OVER H-town, I would beginning to smell smoke....

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  2. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

We don't want to waste too many roster spots on vets, I'd say if we bring in Theis and still have EG that should be sufficient for this year. If EG is moved and Wall traded or bought out, maybe we use a roster spot on GG?

3. DonatelloLimestone

you're right, it does take an intention and a mentality.
    Oddly put Avery Bradley said exactly that and we denied is team option

So we need people who want that role, not just bring the intensity and effort, but also have a good way of communication, some people on here though that because Ariza and Melo were both freinds with ccp...that their leadership should work all the same. ITs an odd thing they don't say the same about melo being a glue guy as ariza..but @tinman said, hes all about the rockets..but not if it cost a few million more to the dear leader...then, nah. you better guarantee a title(can't be done) for him to be on board with spending another guys money. Thats what you call...fandom?...

But yea we'd pay a premium for a championship guy. I'm all on board. I think its pretty influencable not just in coaching staff which is important but also on the court to have the guys who can set the tone bc these newbies won't know how to approach the nba marathon. It helps to have the right reinforcement and nods from guys int he locker room doing the same effort together.

I like bev, you are right he may not want to be the right commnicator, but hes got an edge thats infectious like PJ and I want those guys to have it. I felt KMJ and Tate do have that mentality and i'd like to keep on watering it so the guys getting bucks, kpj and green, can do their work freely.

chenjy9 and NewAge like this.
  4. junk151

junk151 Member

@JakeLFischer probably also says “Lakers in 6”

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Reactivate Shane Battier to teach them.

DonatelloLimestone and jch1911 like this.
  6. eman

eman Contributing Member

My preferences, in order: Luis Scola, Kelly Olynyk, Malcolm Brogdon, JJ Redick.

7. JW86

JW86 Member

You know I wouldn’t mind Scola since we have Sengun and are short on forwards. He’s a winner and could really teach Sengun how to use that footwork and improve on 3pt shot.

eman likes this.
  8. NewAge

NewAge Member

I wonder if full MLE will be enough for Igoudala? It's a bit more than what Lakers and GSW could offer him, but not sure he'll care about that...
    Another option would be a S&T for Gordon. Ego for Igo would make me very happy.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Trade for Thad Young.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm liking the deal of EGo for Josh Richardson, after Celtics acquired him. Celtics need a 3 point shooter. Richardson sucks but he is an expiring.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

This isn’t the time for veteran leadership. Maybe in a year or two. We need one more tank season and then maybe look for veteran leadership. Plus, leaders don’t have to be old guys. We may already have leaders on this team.

12. DonatelloLimestone

We just gotta be realistic. Iggy wouldnt even play for up and coming memphis last year and held out. Hes a vet and it has to benefit him. unless we throw him a bag he has 0 reason to want to be here over one of the contending teams

Ego for igo would make us all happy, except IGo.

Williamson likes this.