1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Vescey and WSSP Radio] TMac/Wells for Redd/Villanueva/1st Rounder?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by docgundy, Jan 8, 2008.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Seriously, T-Mac better start thinking about his reputation and the direction of his career.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Redd is a chucker. He will chuck anything on the court. He takes some of the most ridiculously questionable shots out there.

As much as Tmac's attitude irks me, bottom line is this...

Tmac comes to play in playoffs.

Redd is one dimensional and can be easily neutralized in playoffs. (Kobe pretty much shut him down when he wanted to).

If I am trading Tmac, I want an impact player for the playoffs. Redd is not it.

Draft picks and all are very nice if Rockets had an excellent track record with them. Considering, they have made questionable picks in the past, and there are no sure bets in next years draft, I would pass.

3. battousai

battousai Member

I will do REdd, Yi and a 1st rounder.

4. manhore

manhore Member

Actually he is a "chucker" in his CURRENT team but he still averages 2 less shots than McPippen does. In his current team, he is the man. On this team, he knows he would be the Robin to the Yao's Batman. So his mentality and game would probably change. Just think about it, if his FG% is better than McPippen is now, how much better would it be when he actually has a dominant player that COMMANDS double teams. It's like pick your poison.

And for the record, I think the Rox would be challenging the Celtics with McPippen if he would accept his role as robin himself and play with the system, but unfortunately, just like Pippen he wants to be the man but doesn't have the ability to be the man.

5. MONON

MONON Member

If that 1st rounder is unprotected, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. That way we'd 2 1st round picks, therefore 2 shots at the 1st pick overall-maybe even 2 of the top 3 picks :eek:

Don't get your hopes up though. The Bucks aren't gonna do it.

6. zerhoe

zerhoe Member

Crap trade for us, the Bucks would eat it up in a second. The only untouchables on that team it seems is Bogut and Jianlian.

But to go back to point, all Redd does is shoot, if you follow Bucks and Bucks forums, this is a constant complaint. He's average at everything else. T-mac is a whole couple of levels ahead of Redd.

Charlie's biggest gripe is he has no heart, he has talent, but can't seem to put it together.

This is the gist I've got browsing bucks forums. I'm from Australia (Bogut fan), so I look at Bucks forums a fair bit and keep an eye on the box. Granted I rarely watch/listen to a bucks game, but that's the general consensus from the boards.

Bonzi > Charlie and T-Mac >>>>>>>>>>> Redd.

A couple of weeks back and I would have said we need a penetrator like Andre Miller and a decent sg to play in front/behind Bonzi if T-mac is ditched. But with Alston and Brooks playing with confidence and rhythm maybe we just need a decent sg (who can play adelman ball) in return and whatever else we can get (a four or five). Maybe Rip would fit? Plus whatever.

But wait and see how T-Mac responds.

7. TrailerMonkey

TrailerMonkey Member

Just say no to Michael Redd. You think Tmac hasn't done much? Redd hasn't done jack squat in all his years in Milwaukee. To top it off, he doesn't pass and thinks "Team" is spelled "R.E.D.D". Just say NO!!!

8. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

i'm not trading with bucks unless bogut is involved. i know yi won't be cuz of the market. i'm sure bogut can backup yao or play with yao as a PF depends on match up.

i'm not saying redd is a bad player, the dude was an all-star. some of yall are right about him a better shooter than tmac is. however, overall skill, tmac is better. i would get redd if we get rid of james, sf3, or even head. we are stacked in guards already.

so ya, tmac, wells, james, head for redd and bogut. make it happen :D

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

and that has to do with this stupid trade idea because.....

10. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

You're kidding right? Rose, Mayo, Beasley, Hibbert, even Hasheem Thabeet!

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I would do Redd, Mo Williams, Gadzuric and a 1st rounder for TMAc + Mike James. I dont know if the salaries match up, but Mo is a legit starting PG, and Gadzuric would be a very good backup big man who can play PF and C and even provide a bit of offense that Deke no longer can.

and why the hell wouold we give up Wells for Villanueva? I like CV's game and all but where's he gonna play? Scola's obviously showing he can be a starter and Chuck is the perfect garbage man.

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'm pretty much strictly against trading T-Mac although I will say that this Milwaukee deal is enough to get me to raise an eyebrow. However, i'll still stick to course and take my chances with T-Mac for the time being.

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I say no, but lookin at their stats he's a a slightly more efficient scorer than TMac is with less shot attempts per game, and i used to live in Milwaukee: Michael Redd is not a ball hog. He used to play alongside Mike James.

14. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Redd never saw a shot he didn't like.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Milwaukee currently has a top 10 pick. Even in the lower half of that, lately that means you can get players like Iguodala, Bynum, Gay, etc. Of course, it could be a Patrick O'Bryant bust, too, but I think the unprotected pick makes this a deal you say yes to.

16. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Wow. It's like a dream come true. :)

17. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

I'm NOT in the "We Must Trade T-Mac" camp, but this is not a bad deal. Redd is a pure shooter who is still relatively young and can complement Yao well. Yes, he shoots alot, but he doesn't dominate the ball like T-Mac and would seem to get a good number of open looks by double-teams on Yao. Obviously, T-Mac is more talented, but that talent is compromised by his injuries. No one is gonna pony up a superstar for an aging, oft-injured #1 option who has a lack of playoff success. Redd is the type of under-the-radar star that could help this team offensively, although I wonder about his defense. I haven't seen CV play much in the NBA, but he still seems to be an athletic big who can rebound and pass decently. Bonzi is not an untouchable. Milwaukee is the type of team that wants to make a splash with a big name and may want to capitalize more on their Chinese marketing with Yi. The #1 pick would likely be a Top 10 pick, so that helps a lot.
    I still would probably hold off, but it's a realistic deal and tempting. (Of course, the fact that this is coming from Vecsey makes the chances of it happeneing about 0.5%)

18. poprocks

poprocks Member

Vescey has the uncanny knack of coming up with the behind the scenes story. This is undoubtly being talked about between both clubs. T-Mac would help out the lifeless bucks and it's a trade out of the conference for both clubs. Redd gives the Rockets the pure shooter they so desparately need. CV gives some front court help and the unprotected first rounder that could net us a really good rookie cause Milwaukee is going to end up in the lottery. For Milwaukee, they get rid of a Redd who doesn't fit their offense and get T-Mac a consumate All-Star who will rack up 25-30 ppg and pass the ball to Yi and Bogut. Redd comes to Houston and has to play Adelman's system which is to come off screens and shoot. Perfect match.

19. poprocks

poprocks Member

By the way, I still don't think the Rockets pull the trigger on this deal.

20. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Some people don't know what they have until they lose it.