1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Very Good Read

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Jan 22, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

the rox don't even look like they lift

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

But they shut up and read.

RustyHarden and Jontro like this.
  4. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Interesting. So if we tank and have a 52% chance of landing in the top 4, who do we draft? Evan Mobley?
    If we tank and land outside top 4, OKC gets our pick and we basically screwed ourselves.
    It's like flipping a coin, friendo. I like it.

5. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Definitely some things to root for over the next few years. Most importantly, we have a top tier GM. He's made some great moves this year. Turned Russ, who's 5 years past his sell by date, into a solid starter + a first round pick. Christian Wood is a perennial 20/10 guy on a contract paying him 1/2 of what he should be. We got an ocean full of unprotected first rounders from the Nets, who look far from unbeatable so far. Just wait till their big 3 exit their primes in a few seasons. PJ and Oladipo valuable players on expiring contracts who can be used as trade fodder. Kevin Porter Jr. would be a Top 10 pick if there was a redraft of 2019. Mason Jones could be the next Seth Curry.

Lots of potential avenues for us going forward, and based on what I've seen so far, I have a lot of faith in our new GM.

6. kiwirocketsfan

The state of the Rockets... someone’s excited about one of our guys being the next SETH Curry....

And he’s not wrong

7. Buck Turgidson

Better Syracuse U Forward: Derrick Coleman or John Wallace?

Talk to me, Neema.

8. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Jones, Tate, Wood, Brown, and KPJ (if he can recover) is a solid start to a rebuilding process. Stone did a great job identifying talent and just need to continue to build from there.

pr0wler and Highlyrated like this.
  9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

To embrace the TANK
    [​IMG]

Highlyrated likes this.
  10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Mason Jones earned that big league contract. If he didn't, no one does I guess.

Just ready to get Gordon and Tucker dealt. Ready to see if they go for the tank for real. Ready for like, the real next iteration of the Rockets and not just the Hardenless, directionless, Gordon-Rockets.

11. csc177

csc177 Member

I stopped reading after the writer mentioned Mase Jones and ROY in the same sentence. Like there's ever been an undrafted rookie of the year in NBA history or the fact that Lamelo, Haliburton, Wiseman and Maxey don't have that conversation locked up and covered.

...I lied I skimmed to the end...and I do agree with embrace the tank notion.

12. csc177

csc177 Member

lol we're speaking like KPJ is coming out of REHAB....he just needs to mature

diehardrockets likes this.
  13. csc177

csc177 Member

DC all day...don't debate me ;)

14. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

The kid clearly has some anger issues so he may very well have to take an anger management program.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

i lol'd

csc177 likes this.
  16. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

We don’t know this just yet ... the jury still out on Stone. It’s a marathon not a sprint.

Invisible Fan and D-rock like this.
  17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

52% is better then 0% according to my math. Also, doesn’t matter if we lose the 12th pick or 5th pick, houston HAS TO do everything possible to give themselves the best chance to keep the pick

18. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

He seems to be making my point

embrace the tank!

19. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

There's nothing here that warrants calling Stone a top tier GM... In fact that's absolutely ridiculous.

20. csc177

csc177 Member

Too early

D-rock likes this.