1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vernon Maxwell, Josh Smith, Rodman [NBA.com]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I have mixed feeling about Vernon Maxwell. He was a great defensive player. On offense, he was an inefficient streaky chucker. Yes, he made some amazing key shots. But he also took many, many bad shots. So comparing him to Josh Smith is very appropriate.

The way he quit the Rockets was the worst part of his career. I don't get why he gets a pass for that while guys like Asik pouting was so severely hated.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Vernon Maxwell was real that's why. Vernon Maxwell was eating food with regular Houstonians at Luby's and he smoked weed with them. You yell at Vernon at the game, he hears you and he yells back.

Vernon didn't have beef with his teammates, he had beef that the Rockets didn't extend his contract and that they traded for Drexler. He didn't want to lose his starter position after he had just helped them win a title.

He had too much pride and we know this, any Rockets fans back in the day knows that.

They know the difference between Tupac and PM Dawn.

To me, it's like when Ice Cube left NWA , first there was lots of feelings, but in the end you know they loved each other.

3. hakeemthagreat

This ratchet azz chick I used to work with said she and her friend (prolly ratchet azz hell also) went to a apartment back in the 90's and had some "alone time" with Mad Max. What is exactly is "alone time"? Smoke, drank and um, never mind.

Moral of the story is Vernon Maxwell will FOREVER be a legend in Houston, Texas. On and OFF the court:grin:

4. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Hung out with Max many times during PCA (Porsche Club of America) autocross and other events. He was always mellow and down to earth. He even spent a lot of time talking with my then eight year old son. Seems maybe only basketball brought his MAD competitive side.

5. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

I, too, know a girl who used to sex Maxwell. I'd be surprised if there are many of a certain age on this board who do not know a girl who used to sex Maxwell.

If you sincerely can't understand the difference between Vernon Maxwell and Asik/McGrady...you need to work on your compare/contrast skills.

6. TheJet

TheJet Member

Mad Max was competitiveness defined. Dude was literally crazy. I'm sure everyone knows the popular stories and most people have those "friend of a friend" stories.

That being said, imagine what his reputation would have been like if today's internet existed back then. He might have been the worst bad boy since Laimbeer.

7. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

seriously fan 26k and countin'........please shut up about things you were never there to experience see or know about. probably weren't even born yet. Brickhead.

(best story..Maxwell pulls a gun on lady trying to cut him off for a parking space at Luby's.......................a true story. ok so he was crazy and dangerous......so when it started raining 3's from the sky and he was on fire there was no more exciting thing happening in Rockets land. p.s. judge not lest you be judged. Some people don't understand that yes evenback then, mental imbalance was not always detected nor were there the advanced ways of treating it. No one ever apologized for his behavior, yes it freaked us out, and yes he added some of the most thrilling moments in Rockets history. )

1 person likes this.
  8. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

yes dats right...yez dats right.........yez......

Well, I was rolling down the road in some cold blue steel
    I had a blues man in back and a beautician at the wheel
    We going downtown in the middle of the night
    We laughing and I'm joking and we feeling alright

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Dang, Dallas don't have a Frenchy's... Man I miss that place...

CRAP!!! :(:(:(

T_Man

10. Exiled

Exiled Member

Josh Smith is humbled & encouraged now thats he is compared to Ron Artist and Rodman:confused:

11. NotChandlerParsons

5. Punched out a Portland fan

Seriously though the dude was crazy and did some crazy stuff even while a Rocket.

12. NotChandlerParsons

Just read the article. Is there something I don't know about Josh Smith? As far as I know, his wackiness is on the court, not off it like with Maxwell, Rodman, Jackson, etc. Seems like a pretty nice and intelligent guy, he's just got some psychological issues on one end of the court.

13. NotChandlerParsons

Dallas doesn't have a Frenchy's? Truly it is the worst place in the universe.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

DudeWhack is an enemy of the 99ers and disrepsect Clutch City.
    He insulted our brother heypartner and he discredits Hakeem's MVP trophy.
    He also hates Rick Adelman.

He is no Rockets fan.

But you sir, are of pure, summit, edloe street, 20 vision, Lisa Maloski, We Believe, Gallery Furniture , Rockets fan

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Artest, Rodman, Maxwell

all dudes who won championships

Rodman was strange off the court, but on the court he was a defensive expert and an incredible rebounder

what's wrong with a little personality??

what's wrong with dudes who like to keep things real??

16. tinman

Supporting Member

for you my brother, happy new year

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0idEHGQFlP4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

It's sad to see a classless man likely at least past his 30's rave about the degenerate tales of a scummy human being with such fervor and high regard. Keep at it champ.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

stop insulting 99ers you Hakeem hating, McGrady loving fake Rockets fan

19. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

20. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ty-WW3bW55g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>