1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Verizon - Are their prices ridiculous to anyone else?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lynus302, Jul 7, 2010.

1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Family Plan (2 lines to start with the option of adding up to 3 lines for $5 each) with 1500 minutes, unlimited n&w, unlimited text and web for $120/month. No contract required. I love Tmobile and I could care less they don't have the Iphone or THE Droid.

2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

40$ a month...

unlimited talk and text....

certain amount of internet minutes and pix messages....

3. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

2 lines with 400 txt messages each + unlimited minutes. $89 - T-Mobile. Then I added unlimited data to mine for $20 a month. As soon as I get my Cliq XT running 2.0+, I will be a very happy camper.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Man, it seems like some of you are paying INSANE amounts of money for your plans.

I'm with Verizon and I get 600 anytime minutes/250 texts/free nights and weekends for 39.99 a month. After my 22% corporate discount, it comes to like $31 a month.

With free nights and weekends, I couldn't go over my 600 minutes if I tried. Granted, the only thing I use my cellphone for is talking and texting.

5. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Sprint -- 450 minutes (to land lines) + unlimited calling to any mobile/network + nights at 7pm + unlimited texts + unlimited data + free GPS navigation --> $70/mo. Tack on a 20% employee discount and I'm paying $56 + taxes to do whatever I like as much as I want with pretty much no limits whatsoever.

Plus, their customer service now rocks -- I even got them recently to waive an ETF on a phone that was less than a year old because I had to cancel a line on my account with no fuss at all. Their 3G coverage is awesome and I get to roam on Verizon's network for free. I love Sprint.

6. jtagtp

jtagtp Member

my bill is 155 buck for 5 phones after tax.
    Unlimited Text and Picture (no web)
    1400 Shared Mins + free Verz to Verz + 10 numbers that dont take away from mins.

have 19% discount

7. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

It's 39.99 for 450 minutes. It's right there on the Verizon website. Am I missing something?

BTW, how did you get your plan ima_drummer2k? Were you grandfathered into that?

8. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

No false facts here....I last upgraded my plan about a year ago, so it's an older plan, and I copied my billing info directly from my account. I have 450 anytime minutes (free nights and weekends and free Verizon-to-Verizon calls and txts). I had to upgrade last year so that I could receive unlimited texting regardless of the wireless carrier. This was an additional $10/month charge that also included unlimited data. This makes my bill ~$80/month.

While I can keep the plan I'm on now, my same exact plan isn't being offered anymore. The current plan that is the most similar to the plan I'm on now is basically the same, minus the unlimited data: 450 anytime mins, unlimited txts to anyone, all for $59.99/month, like you said. So it's my current plan minus the data for $10/month cheaper.

If I upgrade to unlimited anytime minutes (unlimited texts are included as well, with no data plan), it's $89.99/month (I'm looking at it right now), which seems steep given that some people manage to have all that for much cheaper, and unlimited data is included with them as well (like my girlfriend on AT&T/iPhone with unlimited everything for $75/month, which I guess is due to her being on her family plan. Or something.).

Re: employer discounts, my current situation is this: I graduated from nursing school and I'm waiting/studying to take my licensing boards for RN, which means I'm currently unemployed. Most calls I make are to non-Verizon phones: my girl, and any job inquiries to hospitals, and my cell is my primary phone. I guess I'll do the upgrade....it's only about $10 more per month than what I'm paying. It just seems really expensive. But it's only money, right?

9. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

This is what I have. My business discount is 19%. Sprint is great!

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

we have verizon's family plan... there are four of us and it runs about 35 dollars a piece... would recommend.

11. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

Have you looked at Page Plus Cellular?

They have a 1200 minutes / 1200 texts plan for ~$30/month, no contract. The best part of it? They use Verizon's network!

They're just a reseller, and have been around for years.

12. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

their taxes and sur-charge are just crazy.

13. Lynus302

I might do that when my contract is up. Unless Verizon winds up with an iPhone, in which case I'm staying where I am prices be damned!

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

ah so your on the older America's Choice Premium or Nationwide Premium plans

yea, those were more expensive, which is why the newer plans are cheaper now for just mins/txt and you add what you want afterwards. your first post didn't mention you were getting unlimited data with your plan

good luck on the NCLEX test, don't mean to scare you, my ex-gf got her Bachelor's in Nursing back in 04 and she still hasn't passed yet, then again, she wasn't the brightest either.... :grin:

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Maybe I'm unique, but we have T-Mobile and are happy with it. One line is $80.00 for unlimited talk, text and data + $50.00 for unlimited talk and text on the other line.

I don't think we'll be changing any time soon (unless T-Mobile does something very dumb like buying Sprint). Looking forward to HSPA.

16. Lynus302

Yeah I just changed it earlier to the $89.99/month unlimited/anytime plan. Feel free to hook me up with a CF discount. :grin:

And thanks for the well-wishes. NCLEX is no joke. Hell, nursing school was bad enough and I'm dreading this test.

17. Dave2000

ha, wish I could, I only do tech... :)

btw, i remember your handle, weren't one of the few clutchfan posters i had on my MySpace? I think you were and probably saw my ex on there when I was with her, heh...

18. Lynus302

Yeah I remember you as well. Weren't you the one with all the PowerDancer pics or what that someone else? I deleted my MySpace awhile back. I'm on FB though: my user name here at yahoo.

19. Dave2000

yea that was me, I'm done with the RPD pics, unless they insist, they were such teases, and I got older while they got younger.....

20. Lynus302

That's what I'm talking about.

[​IMG]