1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Verizon 4g LTE

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Scionxa, Mar 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

If you guys haven't had a chance to run speed test's on it. It's insane. Just picked up a Tbolt (yes, it isn't dual core and will be outdated soon , which is why i got a 1 year contract) and I'm pulling in 25 megs down, 20 up on an unlimited 29.99 4g LTE plan

:)

2. VanityHalfBlack

What's the Bandwidth caps???

3. Scionxa

none for now, but you have to act soon. VZW has publicly stated they will no longer have unlimited data plans. For now its 29.99 Unlimited 4g lte and 3G, and free mobile hotspot until the 15th of May if you buy a thunderbolt.

4. VanityHalfBlack

^ HOly **** I'm dropping Clear (Worst Internet service ever) now and getting dis b****!!!

5. Scionxa

Yeah, i just cancelled my sprint account this morning. I had an Epic 4g which has 4g (clear) and it blows. especially for building penetration. haven't lost 4g signal once since i got the phone, and i went all the way from Spring, Texas to the heights.

6. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

So are you happy with the Tbolt so far? I can upgrade my phone now with Verizon and am looking for a newer 4G phone but not sure if I should wait it out a little bit for more phones to hit he market or go ahead and jump on the Tbolt and take advantage of Verizon's unlimited data plans now.

7. tested911

tested911 Member

For me I love CLEAR and i'm surrounded by a cement fortress...Granted I had to position my Clear router (I have the Home Router) to get the best possible signal and am getting 7-8 d/l.... I use it for work mainly because I don't want to use the companies network..

The most important thing for me would be Data CAP... Clear is unlimited and d/l + Stream a lot of content. I would love to try Verizon but once they remove the unlimited data cap I would get hosed..

8. Scionxa

well, Verizon has a decent price right now for 1 year contract on the Tbolt. $319.99.
    It's an amazing phone, I'm sorta new to sense so I don't really know the difference between the old sense and this sense 2.1 stuff. It's really fast, i am amazed by Verizon's 4g though. It's downright amazing, and the mobile hot spot feature that comes free right now is pretty beast. No buffering whatsoever on streaming or anything. I'd take advantage of the unlimited deals while they last :)

9. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

verizon is terribly late to the 4g scene, but they're busting in like a boss

months ago when the initial speedtests were done on engadget, the speeds were insane as well, but a lot of people says it's because no one is using their 4g at the time... only time will tell if their 4g will hold up, for now, it's great time to get a thunderbolt

but the tbolt really specs spec wise... it's 1ghz single core, 1300mah battery (really? ... good luck getting 10 hours), basically a repackaged EVO...

with that said though, the hype for the thunderbolt is about 1000 times the hype for the bionic, which is dual core, 4g, with tremendous specs... could be due to the manufacturer

10. Scionxa

11. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

I know you went with the 1-year contract and got the phone for $320. I can go with a 2-year deal and with my upgrade discount it would be $190 shipped for me. If I go 1-year it goes up to $270 shipped. You think I should go w/the 1-year or 2-year term to lock in the unlimited data plan?

12. Scionxa

Yessir, I will be buying the bionic full price. Oh with that being said, anyone want to buy an Epic 4g on Sprint for 200 bucks (yeah that's right, 200, mint condition).

Although I hate motoblur and their locked bootloaders. I mainly did it to be grandfathered into LTE unlimited plan :)

13. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I've been waiting for the Thunderbolt since December, but then I found out my contract isn't up til May, I thought it was this month. Fail on my part. If you get the unlimited data plan before it is capped, will you be grandfathered in?

14. Scionxa

Go with the one year, you know you will be wanting a new phone in a few months anyway :p
    It's hard to keep up with droiiiidds

15. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

nevermind, I see you answered my question already. The rumor for the capped data plan is mid-summer. Hopefully that is true.

16. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

depends if you're a gadget fiend and want the latest and greatest, 2 years is practically 2 life times in the cellphone world

17. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Yeah no kidding on the 2 x lifetimes comment! Believe it or not I'm still suffering with the original Blackberry Storm. Yes I'm sad like that. :(

18. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

So glad to see more and more rollout of '4G/LTE' out there. Should be some great speeds all around in a couple of years.

19. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

you must be the only person in the world that's 'hopeful' for data cap

20. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Dang so you're going to buy the Bionic in the next few months to replace your brand new Tbolt? I might as well buy your Tbolt later on then. Just kidding of course...