1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ventura Uspset by Partisan Memorial Service

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MadMax, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Who did that? I compared supporters of Christ to supporters of Wellstone. If you've got a problem with that you ought to turn in your Anti-PC Club Card. You were the one who said that Wellstone's supporters should mimic his grace (I guess in every circumstance, even while grieving). I was making the point that Christians, being followers of Christ, strive to be Christ-like and sometimes err. I can't imagine why you'd place a bigger burden on Wellstone's people to echo his best qualities at one of their darkest moments.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, we don't actually. In fact, when I'm in Austin for the Baylor game next week, I've invited him to come watch the Rockets with us at Aussies. He's gonna sit right between Major and me.

What a stupid ****ing comment. :rolleyes:

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I seem to recall that at the memorial service for the 9/11 victims, primarily cops and firefighters, Hillary Clinton was booed while Giuliani and Pataki were cheered. I also recall that many Republicans and folks on Fox thought this was of great interest and even funny. Fox and right-wing radio played the Hillary booing over and over for their audiences.

Was a tribute to those taken on 9/11 a memorial or a political event?

I guess what they say is right, in times like these people reveal their true character.

To her credit, Clinton didn't b**** or moan about it because she recognized the event was larger then her concerns and that emotions were high. Would that Republicans had as much class.

(It should be noted that shortly thereafter, Bush rewarded the sacrifices of NYFD and the folks that cheered him on the pile by cutting $340 million in funding, some of which would have improved outdated radio equipment--a key reason so many firefighters didn't hear warnings to get out of the twin towers Sept. 11.)

4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

That's different, rimrocker. It's patriotic to boo commies like Hillary Clinton. Everybody knows that...

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

You mean Hillary made it to New York for something?

6. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

TheFreak, you know I appreciate the role of '*******' as much as anyone. But I think you need to raise your game a bit. Your contributions for these, err, past few years have been bordering on "slogans from a bathroom wall".

It's as if you come under the 'free post' radar by posting inane, senseless Foxisms.

That being said, I still think of you as a contribution that I've come to know and love... kind of like the developmentally disabled guy on the shuttle everyday that commentates Chicago Cub games w/o a radio to his ear.