1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vent Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ubiquitin, Apr 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

I hope it's soon man. I hope it's soon.

2. pkothari1013

pkothari1013 Member

It just stinks how for the past few years, we do so well initially, only to falter so much at the end of the season while other teams pick it up...

I remember ~3 years ago, we had an unexpected playoff spot, and then we lost it during the end of the season. The following season, we could have had a #6 or 7 seed, but we lost to the Lakers at the end and got the #8 seed. We also sputtered towards the end of last season.

It looks like this season is more of the same... :(

3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

5. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Injuries have hurt us.

The Ron Artest year should have been the year with realistic expectation an a beast of team, T-Mac surgery, Yao done for his career.

This year is the best team we have since then

Reality is that Houston was never able to enjoy a full roster.
    Houston never experiece a fully healthy front court rotation.

Healthy Howard/Dmo/TJ/Smith should have been the best front court rotation in the entire NBA.

Houston is curse.

6. Mattician

Mattician Member

This team can't win a championship as it's currently constructed.

7. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LguStmm8bRk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Rox225

Rox225 Member

I'm quick to defend James when he has a bad game but I think we should be worried about his play in these types of games. James is cold blooded in a lot of regular season games, but he has a track record of playing terrible when it counts the most, and this last game was as close to playoffs as we can get outside of the playoffs. Go back to his college days and you'll see a player that shrinks when the lights are brightest. And when I say that it hurts because I want it to be the furthest thing from the truth. As a Rockets fan I want him to break out in the worst way. I want him to prove all the haters wrong. I want him to dominate a playoff series. I think he is capable of doing it, and that first playoff game will be a big indicator if this year is the year he takes that next step.

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Member

These last two games with the Spurs were playoff games IMO and played at playoff intensity by the Spurs. That's what Harden will face in the playoffs and he's going to have to overcome it.

10. SachaShakur

SachaShakur Member

as a Laker Fan i suggest you 2 leave this board...

11. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Another season down the damn drain.

12. ktex

ktex Member

The only hope we have is that Dwight steps up as he plays a full boat of minutes.

13. Play07

Play07 Member

Without a WILLING pick & pop PF with howard On this team the rockets will never be a real
    playoff team.

It's hurts harden in big games because players can collapse, because our center & PF hang in the lane any highschool coach can figure out how to defend this team.

Hardens good but he gets no picks from howard already then no picks from PF that can punish a defense with a jumper. Until morey figures this out it will stay in my sig, I will never have high hopes.

14. Play07

Play07 Member

Look at every team in the west they have a pick & pop PF were the only ones without one !!!!

Hell half the teams even have a center who can shoot a jumper also.

Mchale needs to step it up but I really can't blame this guy, in order to have legit plays and punish a defense you need good movement and picks.

I would say we would be better if we at least have better 3 point shooters but we still have nick, brewer, smith, jones, where you never know what's going to happen when a 3 is launched.

15. tharges

tharges Member

They need to start Brewer and bring Terry off bench. The rotation needs to include Capella and McDaniel as well. Dorsey needs to be the 12th man on the bench. So much talent on the bench that could be worked in now to gel. The Dwight offense needs to be dialed down to a few touches a game and def/reb. He needs to set screens for Brewer and Harden for easy buckets. The passing as a team is so frustrating to watch as well.

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

3s, lay-ups and FTs strategy--except we're sucking at all of them.

I don't know. If DMo and TJones can hit 3s, they can develop that midrange jumper. But nah, we play the analytics way. It's got Morey's fingerprints all over it. And the coaches are dumb for taking it in hook line and sinker.

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

His offense is even easier to shut down than Harden's.

18. Blake

Blake Member

Not many teams win without two key starters

19. bro2044

bro2044 Member

oh its a cheap move.

its just effective.

20. bro2044

bro2044 Member

same here, right there with you.

My wife kept trying to joke around, do cool and funny things, etc, and I just couldnt snap out of it. I told her I just needed to be frustrated for a bit, but really knew I wouldn't be over it til I woke up the next morning.

Truth is I'm still WAY way way disappointed, but what makes it even worse is that I wasted that time. f-ing Rockets. lol