1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vegas Summer League 2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aruba77, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Jeremy Lamb for Harden?

vlaurelio likes this.
  2. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Next game today (Friday) or Saturday?

3. jogo

jogo Member

Richardson and Thomas both have good defensive stats (though that's hard to measure). I think either might be worthwhile but I don't know if there's a chance we get them. And I don't think I'd trade Gordon for either of them.

saleem and ApacheWarrior like this.
  4. jogo

jogo Member

Next game is Saturday at 3:30 PM on ESPN2.

saleem and Bobsputin like this.
  5. jayfree

jayfree Member

I can't wait. First we take out the defending champs for our revenge game and now we have a shot a putting down the Eastern Conf Finals winner Cleveland tomorrow. Man, I'm so excited! Finally we will be on top of the world!

6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah, it’s hard to say why another team would deal a player they have that’s not disgruntled. I’m lookiing for
    under the radar players that are productive. Morey type contracts......lot of production at a good price.

I’m not sold on James Ennis as a starting SF, but I do like him off the bench.

Rockets may have an abundance of SG’s in CP3/Harden/GG/Melton......making Eric Gordon expendable
    to shore up a weakness of starting SF or backup PF to Tucker. Because I think Tucker can play SF if Melo
    comes to Houston.......I think Tucker could play starting SF if Lance Thomas can only give us PF-play.

Miami and Josh Richardson would be a move to fit Melo into their roster. Maybe take a James Johnson back in the deal.
    James Johnson is not a good outside shooter, but could give us toughness (Black-Belt) to go with Tucker. Play
    some small-ball center if Nene goes out in the deal. Hartenstein being our only big body Center.

Just thinking out loud. Morey will plug the holes in the Rockets roster in time. I’m just so tired of PF flaws.
    Tucker will need some help. Gary Clark might be good enough to help.......but then let’s please upgrade SF
    a little.

7. jogo

jogo Member

I think this is reasonable. I've been looking at defensive minded SFs or SGs/SFs since Ariza left and it's pretty slim pickings out there.

Just by looking at various defensive metrics here are a few that might be good defenders (typically poor to decent offensive players) and might be available at some point:
    Josh Richardson (as we've said), Wesley Johnson, Jakarr Sampson, Demarre Carroll, Royce O'Neale, Maurice Harkless

The biggest problem is that most of these players are in the Western Conference so even if they were available at some point this season it's doubtful that the teams would trade them to us. I don't think any of them are starters.

Also, I'd take a flier on Noah Vonleh if he does get bought out by Chicago. He's a PF but has promise.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, I like D Carroll. Kinda a tweener of SF/PF. Nets seem to be in fire sale mode. Buying out D12 and trading Lin
    to an Eastern Conference team.

Only since Capela reportedly rejecting $85 mil have I been considering Bazemore or Butler. Nice if
    we could go all in and roll the dice while moving Ryan Anderson. I’d roll the dice on going with
    Hartenstein and Qi and possibly Nene......add Norguiera. Tucker could play some center. And Melo
    if he joins.

#908 ApacheWarrior, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Red Chocolate likes this.
  9. jch1911

jch1911 Member

But Nets are clearing space for next summer... so not adding $$$ beyond this year
    You could probably pry Crabbe from them if you wanted (he has a PO for next year and likely will opt in for the $$$$).

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Good point.

Could we trade bad contracts for bad contracts (Ryan Anderson.....not EGo)
    Marvin Williams/Batum for Ryan Anderson/Eric Gordon

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybwpg85z

Just say yes......don’t give me the negatives. Just kidding.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Is Norguiera a UFA? I too, am in favor of acquiring him. Bazemore for RA is very unlikely. I'm not in favor of Capela for him at all, but Capela S/T for Butler and future picks plus Melton might be enticing. Melton could be part of a separate deal for a future second rounder, if possible. I would like to retain Melton, but EG wouldn't have to be moved.

#911 saleem, Jul 13, 2018
    Red Chocolate and ApacheWarrior like this.
  12. saleem

I'm glad you're kidding bro.:)

13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Norgueira is UFA according to spotrac

saleem likes this.
  14. saleem

Thanks for your hard work. Much appreciated, as always. I think he should be considered as a backup 5, but he may cost a bit too much. Even if part of the MLE can be used to acquire him, it's likely to be reserved for Carmelo Anthony.

#914 saleem, Jul 13, 2018
  15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

is that randy brown the snitch?

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Rockets v Cavs -Round 2 summer league playoffs starting right now on espn 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Hartenstein defense reminds me of a high school kid.

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Impressive how well Hartenstein moves

Improved tremednously from last year

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Nice block by Melton on that Sexton drive. Shows length to get blocks 1on1 even when Sexton gets to the rim. Don't know where the foul was.

UTSA2step and PWR like this.