1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vegans and Vegetarians

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ryan_98, Mar 28, 2012.

1. moose

moose Member

For you fish eaters, McDonalds got those new Fish McBites out. mmmm

2. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Knowing McDonalds they probably contain 0% fish.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You should read my posts before commenting. BTW thanks for stepping away from your hot girlfriends, internet trolling, and millions of dollars for a few minutes so you could not answer any of the questions I asked. I really appreciate it brah!

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What part of the fish is a mcbite?

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Do they have to put Mc in front of everything? Enough already!

6. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

You asked about tofu and i told you to stay away because you have a history of b**** t***. Soy will give you b cups and has other issues when consumed consistently.

Google it, you're welcome.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Looks like our little honey bear is feeling catty today! Maybe this will cheer you up

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1oQfagXfBqE?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1oQfagXfBqE?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Did I say I was looking to only eat tofu and soy for the rest of my life? I already know about the estrogenic side effects of it. I said I was looking to try something different other than fish, beef, and chicken.

Anyhow, I went to Whole Foods and picked up some tofu, seitan, and quorn.

8. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Bumping for later reading and posting (I can't wait till my schedule calms down:grin:)

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

....some are so damn annoying on facebook. I keep having to delete people because of the dumb new feed.

10. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Dangit, I'll get to this thread eventually (I'm bumping to keep it out of the archives). I strive to be a vegan, that's why I'm so interested. I'm working so much now though, sometimes 16 hours a day which makes it hard to post here and be a vegan (everything always has eggs and dairy in it).

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

For some odd reason, these are the words I see when someone posts about vegetarians.

12. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Considering you're a raging homophobe, i find that not very surprising.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Not exactly sure how they did it, but a restaurant in Seoul took tofu and mixed it with cheese, breaded it, lightly fried it, added a side of gravy and it actually tasted similar to chicken fried steak.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Interesting. I haven't actually tried to make the tofu yet since I had no clue how I was going to cook it. I just ended up freezing it since that is supposed to make it firmer. I'll have to look more into it.

I tried the seitan stuff....man that stuff was disgusting. Like I tasted it and immediately threw it in the trash.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

What makes you strive to be vegan over being vegetarian?

16. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Did you get it store-bought, or did you make it?

I'm not exactly sure what they do to the store bought stuff. It might not be "flavored" (or flavored well). If it is just by itself, it probably doesn't taste very good at all.

When I made mine, I have it soak in broth (adds chicken/beef flavoring). I did buy one seitan package from the store recently, and my sister used it to make "beef" fajitas (seasoning it with cumin, chile powder, etc.), which turned out pretty good. I didn't get a chance to check it out, fresh from the package though (my sister said it didn't seem to have any strong flavoring by itself).

I think this more or less applies to tofu as well. I once tried tofu by itself, but I didn't care for it at all. I've had it in a few recipes (with good seasoning/marinades), and it tastes a lot better.

17. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the menu looks delicious! http://greensanantonio.com/menu/

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/food/2013/06/green-vegetarian-cuisine-to-open-in-houston/

18. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

I don't think people should eat dairy...at all. Eggs I'm more neutral on but dairy and milk should not be consumed by humans, as it was meant for baby cows.

The same argument can be made for honey but honey never spoils. Honey found in the tombs of ancient Egypt pharaohs is still edible (or so I read). Milk will rot within an hour of leaving it on the counter or as it sits in your stomach boiling in 98.6 degree heat or higher. And there's even more I won't get into but bottom line it's menat for calves, not humans.

19. platypus

platypus Member

Check out Loving Hut on Westheimer and Kirkwood. I've been going there for a few months for my vegan meals. The place is very good and the food is great. The menu is asian inspired and they make some very good noodle soup.

1 person likes this.
  20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

My wife has been trying to get me to go there and I kept turning my nose up at it. I guess it's time I give it a shot. She recently got me into meatless pho, and I love it to death. The place I usually go is in the same area actually: http://www.phobasiltx.com/ It's on the corner of Briar Forest and Eldridge. Thanks for the info.