1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vassilis Spanoulis Video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Nice clip. He looks very aggresive. Lets hope he can do that in the NBA.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That last move where he stops on a dime and drop steps back to the hole...WOW !

He is better than most of the Rockets guards already.

DD

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

1 - if all scouting was based on highlight packages we would of gone after someone like , say, Stromile Swift ...oh wait we did...damn :rolleyes:

2 - why do those Greek crowds carry on like they're watching soccer (or Duke) Man, I hate soccer (and Duke)

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

faint praise. :)

Let's see, there's alston, and wesley, and bogans? I would hope he'd be better than all of them.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i could tell by his shooting form that he is a good shooter. infact, he is very advanced on offense (dribbling, passing, shooting, decision making).

he shows some toughness, aggressiveness, nice quickness.

i would still be worried about his defensive ability in the NBA. plus i doubt the rumors that he would be able to guard SG's.

he still would've gotten PLENTY of minute this year for the rockets.

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

he reminds me a lot of Ginobili, I hope he is not a aunt like him

8. thesaint

thesaint Member

Actually his running and shooting style reminds me more of Nash too. Dribbling and penetrating and dishing out (which he did not do much in the video) but the way he can penetrate into defense which draws alot of attention because he can finish inside(which most of the current rockets guards lack), he can learn to dish out to open shooter under JVG.

If Spanoulis can hustle like he does on the video and creates alot of attention because of his finishing and shooting, it will make so much easier for tmac and Yao to get open looks.

Also I noticed that he barely passes but he can make it up because of his shooting and penetration n could possibly make a SG for the Rockets. I really hope Rox give Spanoulis a chance considering our new GM is all about stats and Spanoulis stats looks really good.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Looks good. I have no idea about what kind of a 3pt shooter he is given that the only 3 pt shoot he took on the video, he missed; however, he is very advanced with handeling the ball, and getting his own shot. Nice moves in the paint for a little guy. Liked some of the passing skills as well.

A scorer if I've ever seen one. Worth considering this offseason.

10. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Shades of Vinny Del Negro

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wow, they don't call traveling in Europe either. Sweet.

12. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Nice Video......I watched half a game on NBA TV a few weeks ago

To me, he seems a lil slow. In most cases.....erratic (but so does Manu) He seems like he can score from the perimeter which is what the Rox desperately need....... I think he could help more than he could hurt the squad.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

yeah I don't know if it was just me but he didn't look that quick or fast, he seemed to have a hard time "turning the corner" so to speak on his defender without a screen.

14. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

same here i thought i he looked a little like nash (his running and shooting style even his ballhandling...although not as good)...but im dreaming if he'll ever become a nash type player for us

15. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Wasn't VDN mostly a spot up shooter? I don't remember VDN having tangible point guard skills.

V-Span is more of a combo guard. I have seen many of his highlights and extended highlights and for the most part what I have come away with is his consistency. He has played with the same agressiveness, passion, fearlessness [attacking the rim] and sound fundamentals. So with that I will say that he has a little Scotty Skiles and a little Steve Nash in him.

I think he can enjoy about the same success in the NBA. If he comes along this coming season, what many would like the most about him, among others, is the intangibles and his consistency [good consistent effort/output].

16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I saw Spanoullis play on NBATV a couple weeks back. He's got a nice little jumper, saw him hit 2 3's. He also finishes well, as the video shows, he can still get the ball up even with a defender right there.

The game I saw also featured Splitter on the opposing team. Splitter actually looked pretty good out there. Nothing really jumped out at me though.

17. WNBA

WNBA Member

The guy is strong and cofident. Jvg might love him.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Looks good to me! I mean at least he knows how to take the ball to the basket and penetrate to create his own shot. Other than McGrady we have NO ONE on the team that does that. Bring him over!

19. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Dude looks good to me. Like his intensity. About to fight that other guy like Bob Sura. Seems to be quicker than what I have read but the other guys may have been just slow. If he is welling to take a reasonable contract, bring him over.

20. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

definitely looks good, bring him over for the preseason