1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Various bits of hard rock news

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheFreak, Mar 22, 2004.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Member

This and more courtesy Hard Radio:

SEBASTIAN BACH continues his Hollywood moonlighting gig on WB's The Gilmore Girls. Bach says: "Hey! Just returned from the sunny climes of Southern California where we have wrapped up shooting of episode #3 of Bach does The Gilmore Girls! I cannot divulge any details on the show itself but I can tell you that I am super-psyched for you to check it out, as this episode also guest-stars Mr. Micheal York, whom sci-fi buffs worldwide will recognize as the iconic Logan from Logan's Run, one of my all time favorite movies! I had an incredible time working on this episode and of course will post the airdate right here as soon as I get it! The Gilmore Girls airs on the WB Network every Tuesday night at 8 PM." Also, Bach will now release his first ever DVD, Forever Wild, to US stores on June 1st via Eagle Vision Entertainment. Worldwide release dates for the DVD will be announced soon. Material on the DVD is expected to include a live performance from '98 and footage from Bach's defunct VH1 show, Forever Wild.

Pollstar (www.pollstar.com) has issued the following VAN HALEN tour rumor update: The tour rumor mill is overflowing. A VAN HALEN reunion with SAMMY HAGAR is viewed as a virtual certainty. The Van Halen rumors got rolling last fall when the band signed with Irving Azoff, longtime manager of Hagar, the EAGLES, JOURNEY and others. Around the same time, Hagar announced that he was once again on speaking terms with Alex and Eddie Van Halen. He and the brothers hadn't spoken since parting ways in 1996 after an argument. The William Morris Agency is reportedly booking North American arenas for a Van Halen excursion this summer. The group's last outing was in 1998, with former EXTREME singer Gary Cherone handling vocal duties. Their last tour with Hagar wrapped in late 1995; the eight-month outing sold well over a million tickets, grossing more than $32 million.

JUDAS PRIEST frontman ROB HALFORD's official website (www.robhalford.com) has been updated with the following confirmed Priest dates: June 2 - Stadium Sporthalle - Hannover, Germany 4 - Rock Im Park Festival - Nuremberg, Germany 5 - Gods Of Metal Festival - Milan, Italy 6 - Frauenfeld - Fribourg, Switzerland 8 - Arena Treptow - Berlin, Germany 10 - Sweden Rock Festival - Solvesborg, Sweden 12 - Arrow Festival - Holland 13 - Oberhausen Arena - Oberhausen, Germany 14 - T-Mobile - Prague, Czech Republic 16 - Kisstadion - Budapest, Hungary 18 - Academic Stadium - Sofia, Bulgaria 20 - Rock Wave Festival - Athens, Greece 23 - TBA 24 - Pavello Olympic de Badalona - Barcelona, Spain 25 - Metal Mania Festival - Villarobledo, Spain 27 - Graspop Metal Meeting Festival - Dessel, Belgium.

The SCORPIONS have posted streams of ALL (!) the tracks from their forthcoming studio album Unbreakable, due out May 3rd. You can hear the tracks at www.the-scorpions.com. As previously reported, the tracklisting for the album is as follows: 'New Generation', 'Love Em Or Leave Em', 'Deep And Dark', 'Borderline', 'Blood Too Hot', 'Maybe I Maybe You', 'Someday Is Now', 'My City My Town', 'Through My Eyes', 'Can You Feel It', 'This Time', 'She Said' and 'Remember The Good Times'.

Earmark Records are set to release BLACK SABBATH's Sabotage album on LP on April 5th.

Clips from the opening night of AEROSMITH's current tour in support of the new Honkin' On Bobo album have bee posted at the group's official website. View the footage, shot in Lubbock, Texas on March 11th, including crowd shots and clips from 'Road Runner', 'I Never Loved A Woman The Way I Loved You', 'Baby, Please Don't Go', in lo and hi bandwidth at www.aerosmith.com. As previously reported, Honkin' On Bobo will be released on March 30th. The album features the following tracklisting: 'Road Runner', 'Shame, Shame, Shame', 'Eyesight To The Blind', 'Baby, Please Don't Go', 'Never Loved A Girl', 'Back Back Train', 'You Gotta Move', 'The Grind', 'I'm Ready', 'Temperature', 'Stop Messin' Around' and 'Jesus Is On The Main Line'.

According to first-week Soundscan numbers, TESLA's latest comeback release, Into The Now, more than doubled Here Come The Brides from the much-hyped BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION, the quartet featuring bassist Nikki Sixx (MOTLEY CRUE), guitarist Tracii Guns (L.A. GUNS), drummer Scot Coogan and vocalist London LeGrand. Tesla will debut on the Billboard Top 200 at #31 (moving 30,284 units) and BOD will enter at #92 (shifting 13,694 units). It's been almost 10 years since Tesla has been on Billboard's top 200 chart. Here's a list of past debuts from the band: Mechanical Resonance (1986) debuted at 170 and peeked at 32 Great Radio Controversy (1989) debuted at 83 and peeked at 18 Five Man Acoustical Jam (1990) debuted at 74 and peeked at 12 Psychotic Supper (1991) debuted at 13 and peeked at 13 Bust A Nut (1994) debuted at 20 and peaked at 20.

"After fours years as a member of GUNS N' ROSES, during which time the band canceled more shows than it played and released no original material, guitarist BUCKETHEAD has had enough. The eccentric musician, who wears a fried-chicken bucket on his noggin and talks only through a hand puppet, has walked out before but has always returned to the fold. This time, however, it looks permanent. At the end of last year, Buckethead became fed up with the band's inability to complete an album or tour and stopped working with them, his manager said.

The Official STEVEN ADLER Fan Site reports that "Steven flew back to LA last night where he was picked up at LAX by none other than IZZY STRADLIN. Izzy invited his former bandmate to collaborate on some new music. The plan is to record two songs, possibly to be included on Izzy's next release."

At their official website (www.twistedsister.com), TWISTED SISTER have confirmed the following upcoming tour dates: April 2 - La Riviera - Madrid, Spain 3 - Razzmatazz - Barcelona, Spain May 29 - Venue TBA - Somerset, WI June 6 - Gods Of Metal Festival - Milan, Italy 19 - Waldrock Festival - Holland July 9 - Venue TBA - New Hampshire 31 - Derbyshire Rock & Blues Festival - Derbyshire, UK August 1 - Astoria - London, UK

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

My favorite is still Mechanical Resonance. The song "Changes" IMHO is the best song they have ever done.

Thanks for posting the updates Freak.

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Member

I have a hard time picking one album of theirs that I like the most. I've only heard one of their new songs. It was ok. I'm still interested in hearing what else they've done.

4. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

Yeah, I haven't heard any of the new stuff and the few songs I did hear from Bust a Nut didn't interest me at all. I have everything else by them. They were excellent when I saw them Live about 10 years ago.

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Member

Bust a Nut rawks! I actually like it better than 'Mechanical' ... The new one is a good blast from the past, but I just don't hear any potential concert staples there. Such a great and underrated band ...

"Got me a woman won't toke about it ... Says she doesn't need it, she can do without it ... When I try to push it, she says 'shove it' ... "

6. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

Underrated is right. Maybe i will pick up a copy of Bust a Nut.

Am listening to Mechanical now, simply rocks!!!

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Member

They were supposed to play here in Austin a couple of years ago, but something came up and they didn't make it. I was so pissed because they were the main band I was wanting to see.

Hopefully they'll make it around soon.

8. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

what.... no Zeppelin reunion tour????

9. BigM

BigM Member

i'll bust a nut if van halen gets together and does a tour. i don't care if it is hagar, i've never seen them live and eddie is my favorite guitarist of all time.

10. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Member

What are ya'lls favorite online heavy metal stations?

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Oh that would have been fun to watch! I wonder if his hand puppet is called "Mr. Socko".

12. MadMax

MadMax Member

dude...thanks for the sebastian bach update.

;)

13. Austin70

Austin70 Member

I need to read a little better, I hope it is Sammy.

14. droxford

droxford Member

Does Aerosmith give a good show? (I would think their show would be great)

-- droxford

15. mateo

mateo Member

I saw em at the Mirage in Vegas in 2002, good show.

16. coma

coma Member

Really? Did they just play their stuff up until Pump?

17. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Member

Or maybe like this puppet:
    [​IMG]

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member