1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vanessa Richardson - New Rockets Sideline Reporter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

She is absolutely amazing.

Tactically draft hornets players so I'm forced to watch their games just so I can see her.

clos4life and Dredd like this.
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

So wanting someone to be good-looking along with having reporting ability is now the same as wanting to watch p*rn? That's a great way to exaggerate.

All we are saying is, Shelby was awesome, and ever since then, the sideline Houston Rockets sideline reporters have been on a downward trend in quality. Simply put:
    [​IMG]

Dredd likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Vanessa reads Clutchfans. She is very kind and a good person who has been through a lot. Stay classy Clutchfans.

Scarface, Hmmmm710, Bo6 and 6 others like this.
  4. clos4life

clos4life Member

Can Vanessa do this?

5. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

No don’t get me wrong, I think Vanessa is cute as hell in a ‘girl next door’ motif. I think on TV it’s important for a reporter to be both substantive and easy on the eyes. She checks both boxes imo I just wish she was from Houston.

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

And I respect your opinion and I don't disagree she doesn't have her charm. She is just not close to the level of previous sideline reporters and I think a big organization like the Rockets can do better. Just my opinion and something anyone can feel free to disagree with and I won't take issue with it.

groovemachine likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is fun convo, couple guys are protective of her, and others are just looking at the next gal.

Dredd, Dankstronaut and clos4life like this.
  8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Dear thread spokesman: when you refer to a human being as a "downgrade" solely because of looks .... yes. That's more p*rn behavior.

What if - gasp - it was a male? Doubt they'd be rated by their thighs or pecs by 80% of posters?

The weird thing is Vanessa is reasonably attractive as far as the human population goes. She's just not Erin Andrews. Her voice is actually more appealing (to me) than Cayleigh's. Weird comments are weird.

#108 napalm06, Nov 2, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
  9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

She's in the top 1% of the human population. Easily!

groovemachine likes this.
  10. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Fair enough, I’d think her and Ryan Hollins were signed on the cheap honestly

clos4life likes this.
  11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I saw something about this somewhere else, I think it was posing a question like what are you in the top 1% of the human population?

I said guitar playing but saying "I'm the 81 millionth best guitar player alive" kinda doesn't have the same ring as top 1%. Even being in the top .1%, there are 8 MILLION PEOPLE better at it than me. ****ing depressing **** I think about because I'm like okay at math. Not even top 1% at math just good enough at it to have existential crises because there are legit like several hundred million people who can math better. And write better.

I am teh derpz.

Not buying Vanessa reads the forum, regularly anyway probably just that one time and she was like yeah that's neat. I'll bet she's in the top 1% of having better things to do than yuk it up with us nerds.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Dear thread defender of average female beauty: Your standards for p*rn behavior seem quite antiquated and easily achievable by 95% of the population. I guess wanting to see both attractive and competent men and women makes 95% of human beings perverts in your mind.

What if - gasp - it was a male? Do you doubt he won't be replaced by younger, cheaper, and more attractive people? If that's the case I refer you to Bart Enis, and guess what. No one was a white knight defender of his when he was let go and I'm guessing if it was Brad Pitt we might have heard a couple chirps. Bart was competent as a reporter too, where was your shining armor when he was fired? It seems to me the only sexist one here is you with your assumptions.

The weird thing is Vanessa is decently attractive as far as the human population yet she is not only not just Erin Andrews, she is not even at the level of Shelby or Cayleigh in looks or reporting competency (Agree she is better looking than Bart though but Bart was more competent). And the days of average-looking reporters are long gone. Unless you're Fertits and the quality of your employees is the same as the food you serve at your restaurants.

If there is one thing we both agree on is, weird comments are weird indeed.

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

Typical Ferntits strategy, low quality product for high prices to the consumer.

14. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Wrong perspective. It's awesome there are 8 million people better than you because that means there are 8 million people that you can learn something from. Life ain't a competition, Amigo! A lot of people think it is, but it's really not.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Exactly Stuff like that....super simple questions....fluff.

I like her - they just don't let her dig in for some inside depth stuff.

DD

clos4life likes this.
  16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Y'all remember Bart Ennis?

I like Vanessa just fine.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

They'd be rated by whether they painted their fingernails or not. :D

18. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

19. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Only one way to find out! :D:D:D

... ask her stylist. :oops:

clos4life and DaDakota like this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I see what you did there, well played my lady !

DD

clos4life likes this.