1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Vandermeer leaving KILT 610 for job w/ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by codell, Mar 22, 2012.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The only reason 610 stays alive is because they have the rights to broadcast the rockets and texans. It's sad when other stations always have better actual talk radio but will never surpass 610.

610 is horrible.

1 person likes this.
  2. mastraw18

mastraw18 Member

Nike or Addidas?

3. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Doesn't he sound like Barney sometimes? When he gets real excited, notice that next time lol.

4. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

If they bring in Brien Straw, or that goofy Gallant kid, I probably wont listen.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Oh, well then that's awesome. Love listening to him do PBP for the Texans games.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agree with you.

I thought VDM was terrible when he first came to Houston, but he's improved quite a bit over the years. AM610 will be worse off without him (which isn't really saying much).

AM610 is a dead person on a respirator and the Texans are the breathing machine.

7. conquistador#11

Rock & ROll!!!!
    No, I actually enjoyed his show until el chupacabra came in and sucked the life out of it, along with vandy's witty dorkisms. As long as he still does the games, I'll be good.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There rating are higher than they have ever been. It could all be the texans, but whatever they are doing is resonating with the Houston listeners. I especially hate the whole lets talk about the middle linebacker for middle Tennessee state the texans can get in the 4th round talk.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I don't mind Vandermeer. It's Lopez I don't like.

Hey Lesbo, write a blog on your angelfire/geocities/aol hometown website about how a black urban fella with soul should get the gig. Not some black cracka fella type of guy.

10. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

ND Kalu is the hidden gem on that station. He brings perspective from a former NFL/Texans player and has good takes on everything

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Somewhere, Russ Small is awkwardly changing the subject.

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Eh, I like 790 in the morning anyway. Never been a fan of MVD's morning show, I just don't think he's that good.

Big LZ guy, I've been listening to him since he started at 610.

13. Nook

Nook Member

He sucks and always had. The guy does not like the city of Houston and would leave for Florida in a split second. The guy has a hard on for the UM and the Dolphins.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I agree. I enjoy listening to him, and I don't even like football talk. He seems to have direct, reasonable takes on things, and has pretty good arguments to back them up. A lot of the other personalities on that station just say some ridiculous stuff to make conversation.

15. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't understand how everyone here seems to hate 610, yet their ratings are THROUGH THE ROOF. I can't believe it's just because they have the Texan games. Do the other 3 stations not talk about the Texans?

Anyway, I didn't like Vandermeer when he first started the morning show, but I have to admit that he's gotten much better as time has gone on. Still not great, or even good, but I get the feeling he tries harder than most others at 610.

17. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I think 610 probably gets the older demographic which doesn't have as much of a presense on an online forum. Most younger people can recognize crap on the radio because their ears are still functioning, but the older folks are only catching every 5 or 6 words and think they are hearing solid takes. Old people are also too lazy/frail to change the station.

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I can tell your one of those guys that hates 610 but listens exclusively.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

How much of the older demographic even listen to sports talk? Most of them are further down the dial listening to political talk.

That's kind of what I was getting at. I think there's a LOT of people who hate 610 but listen anyway. Hell, I'm one of them.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do think a bulk of their ratings are from people simply doing what they are use to, and listening to same station.

But yes, If 610 didn't broadcast and have the rights to the texans and rockets, there is no way their ratings would be anywhere near they are now. I don't see how that fact isn't obvious to all.

I liked Marc, although a bit bland and towed the company line, he held things together well.

Kalu is really good and I enjoy him.

Josh is still unbearable and simply terrible. I hadn't tuned into 610 afternoon in a few weeks because of him. I checked in yesterday and he still hasn't learned anything. Everything turned into a subject about him.