1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Van Gundy will not trade SF in off-season!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hz10, Apr 12, 2004.

Tags:
  1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

All JVG is saying is that he isn't gonna trade Francis over a personal disagreement. He isn't saying he won't trade Francis. He could still trade Francis. It will be a business decision and a team chemistry decision. That's Van Gundy, nothing personal. He just wants a different style of PG. Who knows what he will do. I think the playoffs will tell us a whole lot.

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Matthew 9:29 Then touched he their eyes, saying, "According to your faith be it unto you."

I believe it too. ;)

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

man, have you always been a abrasive blivet and I just never noticed?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

4. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Yes.

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I dont think that JVG and CD have the guts to trade Steve and retool the Team.If they dont then dont expect Yao Ming to be the Rockets leader he just wont want to overtake the established player.

6. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

that's enough evidence for me, LETS INVADE!!!!

7. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

I think if ever steve is traded. Somebody should make a thread and all the people against the trade need to speak up. Like R2K you're against it in principle right?

And then when we aren't any better, and Steve is lighting it up for the other team. Only THOSE people can whine and complain and say I told you so.

8. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Lakers cell phone incident?

what happened? I missed that.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

man . . if we won the title. . these ingrates here would
    still scream to trade steve

I'd bet MONEY ON IT

Rocket River

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Amen... and severe rockets fan should change his nickname...

11. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yip,
    Though not quite the same thing there was a thread in which I challenged all of these folks who so adamantly believe that Steve being traded is a certainty (not maybe or possibly, but a certainty) to put their money where their mouth is. All proceeds going to the tipjar.

With all the folks that continue to post this crap about Steve being traded I was sure that I would be swamped with takers... only four posters had the guts to back up their belief...

Xiki
    thegary
    aelliot
    GATER

I commend these guys for having a pair and stepping up to the plate. Severe Rockets Fan, I notice your name is not among those above. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you didn't see the original thread, but here is your chance to back up what you say is definitely going to happen... I am calling your bs partna'

12. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh man, I missed that. $ 50.00 says Steve is gonzo. Tipjar.

I win either way. :).

13. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

JVG will not trade SF, JVG is a loyal coach and if you do what is asked he will be behind you 100%

14. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On the other point - there's a number of Rockets fans who don't like trades, period. They want to support every last member of the team till the bitter end; then they support whoever the replacement is, and whatever management said to justify whatever move. They are the uber-homers; footsoldiers of the fan base, champions of status-quo. Go Eddie! - er, keep going!

I think, obviously, it's as much fun to enjoy the games and study the players analytically. You still get the emotional rush of investing in the team, you just invest your time and intellect a little differently. It's great to see the team overcome it's own shortcomings; it's challenging to see them run into the same problems. As an idle pasttime, it can get you to think more creatively, if you run through some ideas how to make the Rox click. Trades are a part of that, strategies and tactics, motivation, rotations; - all something to enjoy watching play out.

15. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

Rockets wont trade Steve unless they get somethin worth while for him....they know how talented he is.......unless they find a deal they cant pass up.........Steve will be a rocket next season.

16. ChairmenYao

ChairmenYao Member

I think JVG may trade for some backup PG with Taylor or Pike or whoever. But keep SF is not a bad idea. SF could play 1 or 2 and he could be the leader when YM is benching since YM's condistioning probably won't get much better. SF's tough shots and penetrating do save Rox a lot times. The only thing for SF is to reduce his TO or while no more dribbling.

17. stra

stra Member

Wow Pasox2 that is how I feel. You nailed it.. with that approach I just find it easier to be a Rocketfan. As I am not interested in trade talk unless there has actually been a hint of a trade happening I will just root for and discuss the players we have. Not by hating but by recognising their flaws but also believing that they work on improving them and that they fight hard to win.

If you have an approach that is like: Hey I want this guy gone! How can you then root for him? Aren't you just looking for this guy to confirm your feelings on him?? I think that the trade talks has a lot to do with all the hating on individual players on this Rockets team. Therefore we should have a seperate trade forum where threads like this should go. Perhaps the best thought out or most relevant threads could then be moved to the general rockets forum so we could avoid the flooding of trade threads that are just plain annoying and create this hateful atmosphere.

One last note: Part of being a Rockets fan is also that you root for the players that we have NOW. Try to remember trade gunners.

18. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pasox2 - for $50.00 that Steve is gone. Noted.

Stra, I agree wholeheartedly with your (and Pasox's) take on discussing trades. I support all Rockets players and want the best out of them and for them. I enjoy fair and constructive criticism of our players (not into this who is better than, smarter than, comparison stuff... they are all Rockets). When the trade winds are blowing, confirmed reports of offers made and such, I enjoy discussing whether or not the move would benefit the team.

What really bugs me is something that you touched on Stra, people who don't like a player and constantly harp and bash the player no matter what they do. These posters even go as far as to say, not that they want a player gone (which would be what they wish), but that the player is gone (which is a certainty, like they have some insight or say in the matter). I am a Rockets fan, so even if they picked up John Stockton (heaven forbid) I would support him because he is a Rocket. Period. I may not want him, or believe that he brings what the Rox need, but once he is a Rocket he is my guy and my sincerest hope is that he proves me wrong.

19. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Talk is cheap. As Sports Center is very fond of noting, when the team gives you a vote of confidence it's probably advisable to start packing your bags.

20. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Yeh, we would have won last year if not for Francis.;)