1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Van Gundy chillin' with the Franchise.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnutts, Jun 22, 2003.

1. DonKnutts

DonKnutts Contributing Member

According to Sunday's New York Daily News:

Mitch Lawrence writes:

Wow ... Cat is already a five-year veteran. Time flies. Wonder if Van Gundy spit a few raps for the Isoh CEO?

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thanks, DonKnutts. Good to hear that JVG is not wasting any time getting to work! :)

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Good for JVG. Good for SF. Now, fly on to China? Show J Po some love? Trade for O'Neal (either is OK) for extra-baggage and crap? Go, J Van, Go!

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What? If Steve Francis spent more time working out instead of gabbing with the coaches then maybe our team would be better, and he would improve more. If he doesn't start taking the game seriously like Kobe Bryant then we are doomed as a team:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:cool:

5. AlexVanderpool

some people will just critisize anything....:confused:

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

some people will never understand sarcasm...:confused:

7. earlcureton

earlcureton Member

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Seriously, stop it.

9. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Did you notice the :cool: at the end of his post?

I swear, some people...

10. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

good for JVG! he is really willing to make this team the best! getting close to all his players and look at their game. man, what a day to get my day started by reading this thread! thanks for the hook up man.:)

11. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

If Mobley thinks that playing time is more important than wining a championship, he'll have to be traded.

In order to be part of a wining team, you have to KNOW YOUR ROLE.

This Francis/Mobley buddie, buddie stuff has to stop. It's hurting the team.

12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Just wondering, what is par for a third option starting shooting guard? :confused:

13. SLA

SLA Member

He loves his stats...Mobley wants to win. Doesn't have to be a championship. They all want to win!!! Besides Griffin...who doesn't seem to care too much.

Mobley is sub-par? WTF!!! He was injured the whole freakin season. He had to adjust from being the #1 scorer last year to the #3 and sometimes #4 scorer.

Well anyways....he needs to change his attitude and forget about his stats! He's a funny guy though.

14. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

I don't think he meant that Mobley is "subpar." I think he was talking generally about some his play.

In reality, I don't have a problem with Mobley's skill. I think he's very good SG. But it's his role that needs to be defined on this team. Also, we need a new offensive philosophy. No more iso style offense.

Plus, Francis needs to take control of this team. No more "I'm a star too" Mobley.

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

During the last few seasons, Rudy Tomjanovich treated Mobley like he was Charles Barkley, rarely criticizing the fifth-year guard or making him accountable for his subpar play.

This guy is clueless. Rudy never criticized anyone.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

He pulls himself out of games when he's 1 rebound shy of a triple double....just for publicity Word has it he's a lousy tipper too. What a selfish b*stard.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The guy never said that Rudy critisized anyone. How is he clueless?

18. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Because he singled out the fact that Rudy didn't criticize Mobley for his subpar play, and equated that to treating Mobley like he was Barkley. This was wrong on two counts because it implies that Rudy criticizes others (ie Mobley is receiving special superstar [Barkleyesque] treatment) and because Mobley's play was far from being subpar.

19. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

The whole, "Rudy never criticized anyone" stuff is a gross exageration. Am I the only one who remembers when the Rocks went through one of their worst stretches this past season that Rudy chewed the whole team out and they interviewed Yao afterwards and he said that Rudy had used some harsh language and cussed some guys out.

#19 Oski2005, Jun 22, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2003
  20. playahata

playahata Member

If you have ever watched a nationally televised game ( I distinctly remember a game vs. the Suns Steve's rookie year) you saw Rudy get in to these guys asses. To quote " You guys are throwing away the f**king game!!!" Which they did.