1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Value pump vs. Development

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coach E, Aug 7, 2021.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree with you I think tanking out of the gate is a sucky strategy that actually doesn't help development at all. It doesn't hinder development, but it definitely doesn't help. Basketball is about confidence too after all...

I think this team is going to disappoint a lot of people when it comes to their record. The Rockets didn't even try to tank last season, like we were trading for Oladipo lol, the tank was just forced upon the team.

Yeah, the team was bad, worst team in the NBA by record, all true...but that just didn't happen accidentally. It was also the team hit by injuries the hardest and IIRC no team had more lineup changes than the Rockets.

Will they make the playoffs, likely not, but if the team is playing Ego and Wood, very good veteran players, and if Wall stops trying to prove something and plays as a team player I can easily see this team competing for the 7-8 seeds for most of the year especially if all these young guys come in and contribute. If Wall went into games trying to get 20 assists instead of 30 points he'd probably contribute a lot more to winning and it's not like Wall has not dragged bad teams to the playoffs before.

Then, if that is the case, it becomes a harder question for the Rockets if they want to still trade Wall-Ego to compete for a playoff spot or if they want to sell them off and tank the 2nd half. At that moment I think you sell.

If the team is bad the entire season then I think you trade them as soon as you can.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I want it all.

3. DonatelloLimestone

we need to hire this guy. man with a plan.