1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Valero...Valero...Valero's on fire...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, Jan 28, 2007.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Valero plant in Texas City is on fire right now...HUGE amount of thick black smoke. There was just an update on channel 13 that said there was an explosion, but I didn't feel or hear anything. You know how the news loves to use unnecessary adjectives to describe stuff. Wasn't Valero listed as one of the best places to work in Fortune recently? I guess if you don't live down here, it is.

Hey, at least it wasn't BP again, right?

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

hot damn am i glad they kept interrupting the spurs/lakers game to give us updates on this bad boy. a fire that didn't do much damage and didn't have any potential of hurting anyone. boy do we need to know about that.

but hey, some guy did scrape his knee trying to get out. the fact they kept putting that on the ticker at the bottom to try and validate their interest in the story was hilarious and pathetic.

3. Brad

Brad Member

If you had any idea what you were talking about you would be concerned any time a plant in Houston has an emergency situation.

4. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

whoooooO! more wasted fuel

5. big11

big11 Contributing Member

Does that mean it's time to back up the truck?

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I guess it got some water so the mofo wouldn't burn...

that's all I got...