1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Valentines Sucks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kyakko, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

it's a empiralistic holiday artificially created by the card companies who's sole purpose is to make money. it's side effects include to eating into the hearts of those who has to be reminded that they're spending the day watching reruns of the "family guy".

anyone spending the day alone tomorrow?

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

3. Hmm

Hmm Member

not even if I wanted to..

4. Hmm

Hmm Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PQZqmybHhMo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PQZqmybHhMo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. JamesC

JamesC Member

I know how you feel. I'm going to spend my evening watching the All Star festivities, looking forward to the Slam Dunk Contest. I'd seriously rather be doing that anyway.

6. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

just a little drunk and thinking about my ex.

7. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

it does. and again i ask why do ppl wait 1 time a year to do something special for someone else.?

so imma be doin what alot of you doin.....a whole lot of nothing :p
    oh and watching the all-star weekend festivities. :D
    Dwight for dunk trophy number 2 ;)

8. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

It's cool for me. I just bought $115 worth of choclate and am gonna go to town the whole weekend.

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I am, as I always have; but I'm pretty sure your explanation of Saint Valentine's Day is historically inaccurate and socially defeatist.

Incidentally, something tells me all holidays: even Christmas, Halloween, and Thanksgiving, were originally cultivated and popularized to make money. Unless you think pumpkin and turkey farmers, and toymakers in feudal, peasant Europe never got overstocked near the end of the year.

10. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

I just slept my new girl on Thursday for the first time, but I am avoiding hanging out with her on Vday. Strange how it works out that way.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Funny but kind of messed up at the same time, nice!

12. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

My wife thinks Valentines Day is stupid so we don't do anything. It really is silly. Being a guy, I really don't care either way. It's nice to not have to battle the crowds and waste money.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

i just hate the word "valentine". who invented that crap word? if i cared, then i would google it.

14. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

My wife thinks the same thing. $100 for flowers, $150 for a set menu...she said "thats half a freaking LCD for our bedroom"

15. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

All real men know that steak and blowjob day is a much more important holiday than Valentine's day!!!! :D

16. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I will spend today recovering from a hangover and wondering how bad Rudy Fernandez will fail.

17. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I'm making plans for my Valentine's Day Massacre (not what it sounds like)

NCAA Football 09 Online Dynasty vs the #2 team in the country, Bama. The guy controlling the team has a history playing against me. From what I remember in playing Madden, we always destroy each other. It just depends who starts getting the breaks and makes the other guy get frustrated to where he starts making more stupid decisions.

That'll take care of part of the day, the rest, I'll probably work on setting up my iPhone on this windows 7 install. Need to transfer my music/etc. Fun.

And I wonder why I'm single :D

18. Poloshirtbandit

Nerd.

I'm trying to get Grand Theft Auto trohpies.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

My girl works till 9pm....so I figure I'll cook tonight. And get some flowers and crap.

Going to be a late night. :D

20. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

DUDE what F'ing day is that?

I'm marking my calendar!