1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Valentines Day 2007

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kam, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Kam

Kam Member

So what are you getting your significant other for Valentines Day?

Personally, I think February 14th is r****ded. Just another waste in my wallet. Hell, I don't even have a significant other. :eek: :( or :D :confused: (man, I just went swoly-D)

For this one chick I know, I'm thinking about getting her a build-a-bear teddy bear, but I think I rather give it to her for graduation. She graduates from UH this Spring, so I'd like to get her that or something.

I remember during Christmas, she was IN LOVE with some soap type thing. Some stupid hand made soap. Girls are soo stupid. (i'm basically shaking my head as I post)

Are gift cards appropriate? Like the ones to the stores. They seem more appropriate for birthdays and Christmas. The only time I see it being appropriate for Valentines day is if it is to a Spa or something.

I'm taking two chicks to a Rockets game on February 15th, which is the next day. One of them LOOOOOOOOOOVES Dirk. :mad: :eek: :rolleyes:
    I don't know why. Maybe because he is unique and from Germany?

I don't really want to do jewelry, cause I don't think these people are worth it. They are, but my wallet says they are not.

Roses. eh. (Rose, remember me, I blocked your shot one time, then said I was sorry for doing it)

Any ladies here that want to buy me stuff, you can. I love Flowers, and Chocolate, and new televisions, and new cars.

And for married guys, if your wife wants to get me something also, i'm down. They can get me televisions, and new cars, and maybe a new computer!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

My girl is taking me to that game as a V-day present.

3. Kam

Kam Member

Damn, youre lucky.

I wish I had a girl do that for me.

4. heypartner

heypartner Member

Kam Kam Kam Kam Kam Kam

what? do you think I have any other advice.

Kam Kam Kam Kam Kam Kam

5. arno_ed

arno_ed Member

Luckily for me our anniversary is on February the 11th. so we do not do anything on valentines day. Also we both really dislike valentines day, so even if we didn't have our anniversary we probably would do anything on valentines day.

6. macalu

macalu Member

no wonder your ass is too broke to hang out with us. ;)

7. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Member

Man my gf bday is on a week before V-day. This sucks. Christmas, her bday, and V-day all fall within a month and a half span

8. King of 40 Acres

four words... dick in a box.

9. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Member

that or he's too busy paying his therapist... still trying to recover from when that 7'10" (exaggeration) guy almost dunked on his ass during bss season one in the c league. :D :p

anyway, probably getting the s.o. a box of chox.

10. weslinder

weslinder Member

Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day? Why must you remind me about Valentine's Day. I'm starting a new job, the distraction could have been my excuse. I could have forgotten and gotten by with it. But, no, you had to remind me.

11. A-Train

A-Train Member

When is steak and a BJ day? My wife always seems to conveniently forget that one...

12. finalsbound

finalsbound Member

Kam if you give me your address i'll send you something for v-day.

valentine's day is pretty stupid though, once you think about it. what is it? a day to tell your lover that you love them? i do that every day...so it renders v-day useless. i did tell my valentine to write me a love letter, cause those are the things you treasure forever... :)

All i'd want is to be together with my significant other that day, but damn if it didn't fall on a wednesday this year..sigh.

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

Over-rated non-holiday...Another way for the "the man" to suck money out of me...btw, i'm single, so this year, don't have to buy crap...

This raises another question...If you just had a couple of dates with someone, within a week or two of V-day, do you have to buy anything...I mean, you're not in love, so what's the point...

14. Faos

Faos Member

Things NOT to give your honey:

A Vermont Teddy Bear (unless she's 15 or younger)

Name a star after her (unless she's an astronomer)

You'll be hearing more and more of commercials for those to choices.

15. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Member

Flowers delivered to her office on February 14th. Since V-Day is on a Wednesday this year, we'll go out to celebrate the Satruday night before (the 10th). And I will pick up something special for her from Victoria's Secret.

As far as a present that she will give to me, several hours of hot monkey sex will suffice!!

16. weslinder

weslinder Member

This has happened to me a couple of times. If you want to date her in the future, you have to do something. The least you should do is bring her on a nice date, to a "date place". A friend-type gift is fine, but avoid girlfriend-type gifts like flowers.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Have you already ordered them? Is it too late this year? You got a link to the site you used?

You'll have to forgive me, but I was very much single at this time last year, so I'm a little out of practice on all this crap...er, uh...fun stuff (in case she's reading this). :)

18. Omer

Omer Member

Nicely said.

19. macalu

macalu Member

what's so romantic about going to a nice restaurant where 100s of other people are planning to go to? i never understood that part of valentine's day. btw, i do all my "celebrating" AFTER v-day. i refuse to pay outrages prices b/c of this dumb "holiday".

20. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

V-day is just another excuse to go out to have some drinks and dinner. I'm sure the wine will be flowing that night. No presents though. That's just silly.