1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

V-Span takes it to the hole and finishes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zcity, Aug 7, 2006.

1. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

Link to new V-Span Footage - Please help adding video directly

This guy has to remind you a little of Ginobli - This guy can finish in traffic !!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r-MiH4LEYp8

2. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

nice catch.

3. amb

amb Member

gd find

4. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Based on the few videos i have seen of him i would have to say that he is a bit fearless and doesn't care about getting in the middle of the trees and finishing. Certainly something we have been lacking since Sura went down.

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-MiH4LEYp8"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-MiH4LEYp8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

6. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

awdsadas no more clips?

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

wow that clip really doesn't enourage me about him. he certainly didn't look fast and they were destroying croatia, so it's not like he was playing against first teamers. nice acrobatic shot, but he won't get that off in the NBA with regularity. not trying to be a hater but...meh.

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

That announcer is speaking some made-up language. What is that, Elvish? :)

9. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

It's Greek, but the guy is really hard to hear. At the end I think he refers to the shot in terms of it being "crazy", or "that drives them crazy".

10. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

I speak fluent Elvish and Klingon; it is neither.

I'm kidding of course. It actually is Klingon.

11. zcity

We were saying the same thing about cassell when he came in the league - but he just finds a way to get to the rack and finish. this guy is starting to remind me a little of Sam from what ive seen

12. Sextuple Double

I hope you guys don't have high expectations of this dude. Because of the lack of big movements in for the Rockets some people on this forum are/have been sounding like Vspan is the 2nd coming of Pistol Pete.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I like that V-Span didn't need much seperation to get his shot off. The only advantage he used was when the defense was off balance. That is what the NBA is about. Defenses will rarely leave you wide open, but if you know how to use off-balance or small seperations to your advantage, you'll contribute in the NBA. I also like to see that he was taking what the defense gave him. Playing under control is a big thing on the JVG Rockets.

Nice piece of stock footage.

14. Phil

Phil Contributing Member

i love v-span...but i was shocked how many times he traveled in that clip. i know, i know...they don't call that in the nba. but i think they will actually call that against a rookie foreigner - the refs usually let the stars get away w/ stuff like that, but newbies don't get a free pass on something that blatant.

even though it's not an incredible play, clips like these are still better than nothing. thanks.

15. munco

munco Member

that move didn't make me feel better about him. but it didn't make me feel worse. it just seemed like a circus shot ala Nash.

16. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

What Phil said. He traveled, waltzed, and then 2-stepped at the 3pt line.

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

VSpan is going to kill you guys for these remarks :p

Silly Killy BilliVanilly!

yea

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

actually, in europe, you can make 4-5 steps before you drop the ball to the floor, it really all depends at the pace of the game :cool:

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

It wasnt THAT bad a traveling violation, maybe one extra step.... I'm not oooing and aawing about V-Span either, wasnt too impressed with anything in the clip. Why hype him up with the All-Stars like Ginobili? He's what he is - a guard that outplayed initial expectation and can be serviceable rotation player. That should be alright enough, and he could still be fun to watch. At least a 2nd rounder sent to europe has actually come back to the team for once.

20. zcity

What I love about this guy is the intangibile - that his teams ALWAYS seem to be winning ones:

Greek National Championship
    Greek National Cup - Championship
    Bronze Medal - Junior Euro Championships
    Gold Medal - 20and Under Euro Championships
    Gold Medal - 2005 EuroLeague Championship

This guy is the point guard.

He IS going to help this team. He has fire, passion, grit and heart - something this team desperately needs.

I would not be shocked if he starting by mid season.

You heard it here 1st.