1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uvalde cops

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, May 26, 2022.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The threshold? I love arguing with ignorance.

Sure, lets have a gun fight in a class room full of kids.

Let's fire away.

You aren't thinking about two things here.

As a police officer.

You may have a wife and kids to go back home too. Are you going to run through that door knowing their is a high probability you are going to take a high caliber round to the body? Or are you going to wait for the proper equipment to enter the building so you can get through the door with your best chance of living? We both know the answer to that.

Are you going to engage in a gun fight shooting rounds in to a room with kids. How would if feel with an autopsy report comes back that your round is the one that killed a child? This stuff actually goes through real life peoples heads.

Your argument is flawed because you don't understand real life consequences and decisions.

Sorry, but I can't take you serious if were going to prance around with the Monday morning quarterback theories.

Pistol Pete likes this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I have nothing to add, I don’t understand real life/death consequences and decisions ? That’s funny because I made a couple dozen this morning.

This is the problem with cop culture with people like you. Don’t ask to be thanked, armed or vindicated in wrongful shootings if you can’t offer anything for services. Everything takes a sacrifice, I’m sorry that a teenager shooting ip 5 year old requires a pentagon level plan before intervening.

when you come in with the mentality that you’re life matters more than a civilians yes you come to thay conclusion

the FBI and every other organization thinks you’re stupid

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

From the news conference: 'It was the wrong decision not to breach the door'.

B-Bob, Newlin and CCity Zero like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

edit - wrong thread

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

@tmacfor35 told us otherwise! Can’t be true

snowconeman22 and CCity Zero like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steven McCraw admitted Friday that cops made the “wrong decision” by not immediately storming the classroom where Uvalde gunman Salvador Ramos was slaughtering children and teachers.

“From the benefit of hindsight, from where I’m sitting now, of course it was not the right decision,” he said Friday. “It was the wrong decision, period, there’s no excuse for that.”

McCraw said officers treated the situation as if they were dealing with a “barricaded subject,” giving them time to retrieve keys to the classroom and wait for further backup with tactical equipment. But in reality, it was still an active-shooter situation, with kids in the room who were “clearly” still at risk, he said.

“From what we know, there should have been an entry as soon as you can,” he said. “When there’s an active shooter the rules change, it’s no longer a barricaded subject, we don’t have time.”

keep up the embarrassing excuses for the cops…

tmac35 would have been busy telling parents who were screaming at the cops to enter the school to leave them alone because this isn’t COD

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

small caliber rifle

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

So the dickweasel was shooting periodically while police were standing around. Absolutely contemptible. The PD needs to be held accountable.

CCity Zero likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Failure. No other way to put it.

cheke64 and CCity Zero like this.
  10. tmacfor35

Every organization. Interesting because most organizations have come out and said they are waiting on information. Unless they have something that the public hasn't seen then I am not sure how they could say that. Did you get that off your CNN?

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Weird.
    Cop: My life is more important than the kids I am suppose to be protecting. Or anyone else really
    Us: find another Job.

Dilemma:
    My bullet killed a kid trying to protect kids
    Or
    Kids died because I did nothing at all

Rocket River

B-Bob and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  12. tmacfor35

And he also mentioned that its easy to say in hindsight.

Your point?

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Maybe scroll above and look at the overseeing organization backtracking and admitting fault.

you’ve embarrassed yourself here

superfob, Andre0087 and KingCheetah like this.
  14. tmacfor35

So easy to say behind a keyboard. I can tell by the way you think, that the moment would have gotten to you.

Hindsight. That is all you got.

15. havoc1

havoc1 Member

Dude you were wrong. The people you are defending are admitting they were wrong which also means you were wrong. Why are you still arguing?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

No, we just got it from the ****ing DPS officer. Watch that clip above.

I mean in hindsight comment doesn't clear up anything when they abandoned the normal training for an active shooter.

17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

This is too damning. I don’t believe in defund the police but there has to be cultural reform

blue_eyed_devil and CCity Zero like this.
  18. tmacfor35

My speak is coming from two family members. One active state trooper who saved a gentleman's life last week and a retired police officer of 27 years.

My answer is a real one coming from real blood law enforcement. You keep pretending like you would do things better.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Response from law enforcement is worse than we imagined -- an absolute colossal f*ck up that is going to have massive consequences.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It's easy to LARP as some tacticool badass but Texas doctrine has specific training on active shooters.
    [​IMG]
    Your argument isn't "Hey guys this was a failure but it requires better training or conditioning" you are making some claims that run counter to training and pre determined plans of action.