1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uvalde cops

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, May 26, 2022.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

according to the cop apologists, if there’s even a 5% risk to the cops, they should fall back and not do their jobs…doesn’t matter if u could still hear gun shots ringing out

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Those cops screwed up showed no courage

Xerobull, CCity Zero and Reeko like this.
  3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You are saying the social servants we have CEDED right to, given immunity, trained and armed should not put themselves in harms way to protect children. The shooter using kids as a shield is better than using them as targets. I just hope everyone realizes the cops are not in the business of protecting you or your family.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Are you a criminal?

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

they even got a kid killed by making them scream out

but oh well, lets make excuses for their cowardice and incompetence…cop apologists would probably be handing them bottled water and donuts as they stood outside just chillin…meanwhile u can still hear shots being fired inside the school

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

If the current corrected time line I posted from the AP is a 12 full min to show up/4 min of trading gun fire and running in (hearing further gun shots inside) but then falling back/then a whole hour for a border patrol agents to show up to actually do their job, this is a bigger issue.

I already stated I'm not LEO, but there seems like a lot more options they could have used to at least get closer to the situation/keep the guy pinned down/flank him/Roof access/outside wall access, being better prepared? Like why did they not have the resources? Especially if they claim they have them nearly 2 years prior per that SWAT photo opportunity?

This was a chance for LEOs to be heroes and they forfeited to an untrained teenager. Imagine if this shooter was military trained or there were 2+, the cops don't get a free pass on this. Unless there is some other evidence, it's all pointing to CYA.

I know a cop and he's saying the same thing, basically it looks like they screwed up (he was actually admitting this before these more detailed time lines came out). He stated once there's gun fire it's an active situation and not a hostage type scenario. I'm definitely going to take his word on it, and again unless the information changes this is all looking really bad.

I also am fully aware doors don't get kicked down like that, and none of this ever plays out like the movies but at the same time what message does this send to any copycats? Especially if the 12min avg handle time since Columbine is accurate, and here you have a 90 minute situation. Those kids were bleeding out for more than an hour and that's unacceptable.

I know there's a lot that went wrong and I'm also admitting I wouldn't be any better at handling the situation, I mean I'd like to think I could but we all know it's different when the bullets start flying. But this is what those cops signed up for and if they can't do it then who can?

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I asked my 20 year veteran cop buddy, who has always worked in a real rough area and also trains SWAT, his POV.

Also asked my buddy who works at a PD and is in good with the entire department what the general consensus is.

I'll post when they get back with me.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I don’t. I didn’t have a kid or family member inside the school. Y’all keep making a flawed argument with a lack of information. Your theory is that you run through the door and take out the bad guy. It’s not call of duty we’re talking about here. Expecting a human to make a decision like that because he is a first responder is truly bizarre. You have no idea how it works in real life or have ever been in that kind of environment. You shouldn’t pretend to know what you don’t.

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Talking about the cops having to “accept death”

maybe if they got headshotted ?

otherwise I’m sure they were wearing some nice Kevlar .

and it’s only the first guy . The next cop has a shot right at the gunman .

hell the cowards coulda let the parents go in first

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

They should have let the parents rush the school. They would've taken the trash out with or without weapons. Pure adrenaline.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

COD? It’s about every single guideline out there and 50 dudes against 1 teenager with an AR

if this is where the threshold is we’re all ****ed

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

let the cop apologists tell it, they need to outnumber the lone gunman at least 50-1 and have no risk of getting shot or killed before engaging with the mass shooter and trying to protect the kids who are inside getting slaughtered because this isn’t Modern Warfare or COD…

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I major irritation is hearing people saying:
    Anyone would do blah blah blah

It is like saying if a doctor just let someone die
    Well...anyone would have just watched them die
    But
    The reality is that this was their job
    It is what they were trained for

The average Joe is not the standard but the bare minimum

Rocket River

CCity Zero and Reeko like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

and parents even rushed into the school unarmed to try and save their kids…meanwhile the cops outside doing nothing probably spouting the same excuses tmac35 has been spewing

Is a cops job to protect and serve, or to just ensure that nothing happens to them while kids are in there dying?

CCity Zero likes this.
  15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

In your analogy the Doctor would have to be preventing parents from trying CPR on their children because they were not professionals.

16. Agent94

Agent94 Member

We are blaming the band-aid for not curing brain cancer. Cops aren't the problem or the solution. Our gun culture is the problem.

DonnyMost likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Another strange press conference is underway.

#97 KingCheetah, May 27, 2022
    Last edited: May 27, 2022
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And coffee, too. Don't forget the coffee.

Cop : Mmmm! *******, Jimmie! This is some serious gourmet ****! Usually, me and Vince would be happy with some freeze-dried Taster's Choice right, but he springs this serious GOURMET **** on us! What flavor is this?
    Jimmie : Knock it off, Officer.
    Cop: [pause] What?
    Jimmie : I don't need you to tell me how f***ing good my coffee is, okay? I'm the one who buys it. I know how good it is. When Bonnie goes shopping she buys ****. I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I drink it I want to taste it. But you know what's on my mind right now? It AIN'T the coffee in my kitchen, it's the dude killing kids in the school.
    Cop : Oh, Jimmie, don't even worry about that...
    Jimmie : [interrupting] No, No, No, No, let me ask you a question. When you came pulling up here, did you notice a sign out in front of the school that said "Active Shooter, Cops Do Nothing"?
    Cop : Jimmie, you know I ain't seen no...
    Jimmie : [cutting him off again; getting angry] Did you notice a sign out in front that said "Active Shooter, Cops Do Nothing"?
    Cop : [pause] No. I didn't.
    Jimmie : You know WHY you didn't see that sign?
    Cop : Why?
    Jimmie : 'Cause it ain't there, 'cause YOU NEED TO DO YOUR F***ING JOB!

Nearly 20 dead kids. Just a disgrace.

Reeko and Rocket River like this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

BTW the cop that had the child yell. .....
    Should be fired, sued and never allowed in law enforcement or security even Again.
    That child's parents should bankrupt the whole fricking city.

Rocket River

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Every other dude out there is going to hear that once they get in the building free license to shoot because nobody wants to do **** outside

Everybody is contradicting what you’re saying

CCity Zero likes this.